Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Duke has to go BIG next year

Frank Jackson, Allen, DeLaurier, Bolden, Vrankovic

Duke has to go big next year with all the changes that have happened so far to be successful. Agree or Disagree?

Duval, Jackson, Allen, Carter, Bolden

Quote Originally Posted by TAZORAC View Post

Duke has to go big next year with all the changes that have happened so far to be successful. Agree or Disagree?
    Absolutely disagree. Ballhandling and shooting are important, and that lineup would be mostly abysmal at both. And DeLaurier will play zero minutes at SF at Duke.

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    Absolutely disagree. Ballhandling and shooting are important, and that lineup would be mostly abysmal at both. And DeLaurier will play zero minutes at SF at Duke.
    J J Redick hasn't played for Duke in a long time...having a jump shooting fest won't cut it anymore CDu...It's a new day. Duke has to play Bolden and Vrank together and dominate the boards and keep opposing teams out of the paint.

Deepest team in Duke history just lost to South Carolina.

Don't feed the troll
    Kyle gets BUCKETS!
    https://youtu.be/NJWPASQZqLc

Don't feed the troll... yet again.

"Contribute to the thread" comment coming in 3, 2, 1...

(Ha! Furniture beat me to it.)
    Last edited by Dr. Rosenrosen; 04-16-2017 at 10:35 AM. Reason: Furniture got there first
    “Coach said no 3s.” - Zion on The Block

Trolls will troll
    "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge" -Stephen Hawking

I expect DeLaurier to start at point next season, with Jack White at the 2. Bolden, Carter and Vrankovic will start up front. Robinson and O'Connell will be the bench. Duke will play a 2-3 zone exclusively and pound the glass. Happiness will ensue.

Go big or go home?

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    I expect DeLaurier to start at point next season, with Jack White at the 2. Bolden, Carter and Vrankovic will start up front. Robinson and O'Connell will be the bench. Duke will play a 2-3 zone exclusively and pound the glass. Happiness will ensue.
    Rumor has it that Besser has grown 6 inches since the end of the season and has been showing Anthony Davis like skills on both ends the court. I expect him to lead Duke in scoring.

We had more talented big men on our roster this year than any Duke team in recent memory. There are no hard and fast rules about what Duke "has to" do.

Too early to say what we should or will do next season. Clearly, we need to see the status of the recruiting and returning players before any talk about how we should play.

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    I'd Zpork you, but I can't yet. LGD GTHc!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    We had more talented big men on our roster this year than any Duke team in recent memory. There are no hard and fast rules about what Duke "has to" do.
    Some of you guys need to humble yourselves and take heed to what I say. HOPEFULLY coach K reads the board and follows what I say.

Some of you guys need to humble yourselves and take heed to what I say. HOPEFULLY coach K reads the board and follows what I say.
    This is the best post I've read on DBR. It's very deep, with "you guys need to humble yourselves" followed by "take heed to what I say". You can't make this up.

This Tazorac guy is a joke.
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

Tazorac stated in the 'Kennard tô the NBA' thread that Kennard could play in the D-League with Giles.
    Kyle gets BUCKETS!

Quote Originally Posted by Furniture View Post
    Tazorac stated in the 'Kennard tô the NBA' thread that Kennard could play in the D-League with Giles.
    So, is this joker a) 12-years old, b) a bandwagon fan who doesn't understand college ball, or c) a UNC fan?
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

Quote Originally Posted by flyingdutchdevil View Post
    So, is this joker a) 12-years old, b) a bandwagon fan who doesn't understand college ball, or c) a UNC fan?
    C...
    Kyle gets BUCKETS!

D. All of the above.

Coach K gets all of his best ideas from internet chat rooms. Book it.