Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Kennard Declares for the NBA Draft

Kennard to Enter NBA Draft

Jeff Goodman reporting it:

https://t.co/brcmiBShiK

Good luck, Luke! Kennard to enter NBA Draft and sign with agent

http://www.goduke.com/ViewArticle.db...DB_OEM_ID=4200

“After considerable reflection, prayer and consultation with my family and coaches, I have decided to take the next step in pursuing my basketball dreams by entering the NBA Draft,” Kennard said. “Being a member of the Duke Basketball brotherhood is always going to be special to me. I have nothing but love and respect for everyone in the Duke program. I want to thank my coaches, teammates, the best fans in the game and everyone in Franklin for being by my side every step of this journey. I have a lot of hard work ahead of me, but I’m confident that I’m ready and have a great foundation for success at the NBA level.”

Good for Luke, bad for Duke. I'll certainly miss him.

Noooooooooooooooooooo.
    Grayson, please stick around. We need you.
    Damn.
    Not diggin' this.

Quote Originally Posted by Troublemaker View Post
    http://www.goduke.com/ViewArticle.db...DB_OEM_ID=4200

“After considerable reflection, prayer and consultation with my family and coaches, I have decided to take the next step in pursuing my basketball dreams by entering the NBA Draft,” Kennard said. “Being a member of the Duke Basketball brotherhood is always going to be special to me. I have nothing but love and respect for everyone in the Duke program. I want to thank my coaches, teammates, the best fans in the game and everyone in Franklin for being by my side every step of this journey. I have a lot of hard work ahead of me, but I’m confident that I’m ready and have a great foundation for success at the NBA level.”
    Blah, blah. Pardon me if I don't boogaloo..

Not the news I wanted to see. Please don't have signed with an agent! crossing fingers (but knowing that won't help)

Good luck, Luke.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Not the news I wanted to see. Please don't have signed with an agent! crossing fingers (but knowing that won't help)

Good luck, Luke.
    Per Stephen Wiseman on Twitter, Kennard will sign with an agent. It appears he'll be drafted somewhere in the 20-25 range so likely a guaranteed contract and (hopefully) a pretty good situation on a playoff caliber team.

20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor

Good luck, Luke.
    Duke players don't test the waters historically. If they declare they go. This was expected. I expect Grayson will announce he is staying soon.

I wish him all the success in the world, but I REALLY wanted him back next year. *sigh*
    No soup for you!

Good luck, Luke.
    He signed with an agent. Not sure a Duke player has done the "test the waters" thing yet. The info we provide to them is solid.

Quote Originally Posted by Newton_14 View Post
    I expect Grayson will announce he is staying soon.
    Hoping you are correct, fo sho.

Darn I really thought he would stay another year. Oh well, good luck Luke! Go sign that hair care endorsement!

Luke got too good too fast

I don't even want to think what would have happened without Luke this year, so he has earned his expected first-round draft status.

I wish him all the best and I can only hope that Grayson will stick around so that he can also come out as a first rounder.

Luke saw the terrible things that happened to Grayson in his Junior season. He also saw the terrible things that happen to Duke players feet because of the terrible shoes and the terrible floor. Then he made the wise decision to go out on top.

Good luck to him and thanks for all the thrills--especially that Wake game.

This is what I had been expecting for awhile now, so not at all suprised. Seeing him at I believe #16 on probably the most accurate draft site pretty much convinced me early this week that it was inevitable. And it is likely that he made a wise decision, strike while the iron is hot and your draft stock is high from a very good year (except the last 2 games of the season). His growth spurt over the last year and half or so only helped him with his additional height, and it is obvious to NBA scouts that he can be a diverse offensive weapon. Best of success to you Luke, and keep working on your D! May you live long and prosper in the Big League, you will be a great representative of Duke.

Gosh. I almost teared up when I read it. Can't wish this kid enough good luck and wishes!
    Kyle gets BUCKETS!
    https://youtu.be/NJWPASQZqLc

scottdude8 is online now Moderator, Contributor, Zoubek disciple, and resident Wolverine
    This decision reminds me a lot of Nik Stauskas' at Michigan a few years ago. Just a shooter as a freshman, huge breakout season as a sophomore, could've probably used another year in college to improve and become more well rounded but declared with all expectations to be a first rounder.

While I'm disappointed because I loved watching Luke and was salivating at the prospect of him as a junior, I've made it my policy to never begrudge a player declaring when they know they'll be a first round pick... otherwise I'd drive myself mad. Good luck Luke, thanks for all the memories... you'll always be a Blue Devil.

Damn. I'm disappointed as a Duke fan, but happy for Luke. There's no question in my mind that he will have success at the next level. His basketball IQ and incredible level of skill will translate beautifully to the next level, and whoever drafts him will be getting one hell of a scorer.

Best of luck, Luke. May the Force be with you!

Originally thought Grayson would be the next jersey in the rafters. Had the same hope for Kennard. Can't blame him for leaving. Strike while the iron is hot.

He should land with a good team. Once he gets it figure out on the defensive end, he'll be a fine NBA player.