Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Quip toothbrush

Quote Originally Posted by ricks68 View Post
    I have not been feeling well the next day after drinking beer for a number of months now. I have trouble getting to sleep afterwards ...
    Sounds like you need to do your drinking earlier in the day (or quit trying to take naps in the middle of the day).

Quote Originally Posted by Reilly View Post
    Sounds like you need to do your drinking earlier in the day (or quit trying to take naps in the middle of the day).
    I think your second thought would then not be possible if I followed your first, using that bit of reasoning. Thanks for your input, however.

ricks

I think your second thought would then not be possible if I followed your first, using that bit of reasoning. Thanks for your input, however.

ricks
    Both naps and afternoon beers are much easier when retired.

I assume.

I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death!

I may post more in the future, if requested, to back up any credibility issues about the dental advice I am offering, as it is the ONLY thing that I really know a lot about. (Except my prejudice about Texas BBQ over basically tasteless pulled pork.)

ricks
    Thanks! Apparently I have been overbrushing. My dentist can tell I use my left hand. Amazing we can be doing something so important - wrong our whole lives. More posts like this would be great. Videos on brushing and flossing are good too. I just never thought about techniques. You brush, you floss, you daydream while doing it...wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Both naps and afternoon beers are much easier when retired.

I assume.
    "It's the naps you don't take that you regret the most." - my favorite New Yorker dog-talking-to-dog cartoon.
    Last edited by Reilly; 04-06-2017 at 10:24 PM.

What about flavored dental floss? Is my new craze for cinnamon flavored dental floss just another wacky cool kid trend? I am nothing if not a fashion forward consumer.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Quote Originally Posted by Reddevil View Post
    ...Videos on brushing and flossing are good too...
    Yes, well, sure. Links only please. Sounds rather off-putting for a non-dental gathering of the minds such as we have here on DeeBer...
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

good time to opine that CVS store brand floss sucks, as does just about every other store product from those dolts.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    good time to opine that CVS store brand floss sucks, as does just about every other store product from those dolts.
    Mrs. dd and I have been very satisfied with the Harris Teeter brand waxed floss at about $2 for a 100 yard package. Difficult to shred, non-flavored (she hates mint) and readily available. The Food Lion brand is horrible.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Any truth to this?

http://www.medicaldaily.com/benefits...acteria-406968

Not that I need it right now, but something to keep in mind for the future.
    ~rthomas

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Mrs. dd and I have been very satisfied with the Harris Teeter brand waxed floss at about $2 for a 100 yard package. Difficult to shred, non-flavored (she hates mint) and readily available. The Food Lion brand is horrible.
    that sort of sums up the difference between the Heater Tweeter and the Food Lyin' right there. Tough indeed to find the 100 yard non flavored...

Quote Originally Posted by rthomas View Post
    Any truth to this?

Holy moly...

Awkward

Quote Originally Posted by rthomas View Post
    Any truth to this?

Clicked on this link during my lunch break. My manager walked up behind me and said, "Checking for a friend?" He laughed an walked away without giving me a chance to explain.

I've been using modified Bass technique with an old school brush in the morning, and using an Oral B electric at night. Works for me.

I floss very thoroughly, but only once a day. I could prolly do twice, if it really helps.

I've stopped using plastic toothbrushes because of plastic pollution. I've found a bamboo toothbrush as an alternative. Just think about it: one person can throw away from one to a dozen brushes per year. Only in the USA we throw away over one !billion! brushes each year! I think it's a real disaster and I'd better stop using such stuff just like I stopped using plastic bags, bottles, even plastic straws...