Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    Quote Originally Posted by Edouble View Post
    Kennard's omission was intentional and was part of the point I was trying to make.

Everyone except Kennard whom we are losing/may be losing is either not a rotation player, or a player whom we had expected to lose.

Looking through that lens, I don't see how we are yet approaching a worst case scenario, as mentioned by the OP.
    Understood. Sorry, long thread.
    Whatever the hell "it" is, Jabari found it.

-Roy "Ole Huck" Williams

Quote Originally Posted by MattC09 View Post
    Ok. Now I guess we can start walking back all the smack we were just talking about him.

Quote Originally Posted by flyingdutchdevil View Post

It's why next year, I don't think Bamba is a necessity (but he sure would be nice to get). We have Carter, we'll have Knox (I'm convinced), and Vrank can spell either one (although Carter slides to the 4 if Vrank comes in). ...
    I believe since Vrankovic is in his second year at Duke he should have no trouble spelling Carter or Knox as they are not particularly difficult names to spell. Carter or Knox could be excused for not being able to spell Vrankovic, however.

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    I disagree. I think if Giles is healthy or if Bolden is as good as expected, and we don't have the injury to Jefferson and Coach K, we would have very much resembled the great team that folks expected. But we weren't so fortunate on ANY of those fronts.

And even still, we were a top-10 team that won the ACC title and only lost in the NCAA to a Final Four team.
    I believe this year's team had the perfect balance of elite freshman talent and experienced, skilled veterans. Unfortunately, injuries did the team in. Giles and Tatum were two of the top players in a great recruiting class who were expected to be difference makers in college basketball. Bolden was the top center in this great recruiting class. And Jackson was a very talented guard in this great class. Tatum and Jackson ended up performing up to expectations, but adding a player at least as talented as Lonzo Ball, Josh Jackson, Markelle Fultz as a big to the Duke team would have made a huge impact, even with some rust. Unfortunately, the knee cleaning procedure didn't give us, the team, the coaching staff or Harry to see that player this year. Bolden also didn't have the year any of us hoped for due to injuries and trying to catch up from time missed.

This year definitely reminds me of 2011 in that the team was stacked with talent and experience but was derailed by injuries but could still have won but ended up meeting teams that played spectacularly against them in the tournament.

I don't think I will ever be as excited about a player returning as I was about Kyle coming back for his senior year.
    “Those two kids, they’re champions,” Krzyzewski said of his senior leaders. “They’re trying to teach the other kids how to become that, and it’s a long road to become that.”

Quote Originally Posted by SlapTheFloor View Post
    Ok. Now I guess we can start walking back all the smack we were just talking about him.
    Thank goodness. Still want Bamba tho ...

I am very glad to hear the good news, he has a lot of potential and I did see flashes that were impressive for a few games. Good news all around, the transfer option would have only slowed him down towards his goals, and Duke can really use him next year, regardless of recruiting developments. Now may he get completely well, refocused, and work hard at what the coaches have outlined for him to gain more playing time this coming season!

Quote Originally Posted by MattC09 View Post
    Is this tweet true? Or the last one? If this is true, that is hugely exciting. I would love to see what Bolden can do with a healthy summer and season.
    “Those two kids, they’re champions,” Krzyzewski said of his senior leaders. “They’re trying to teach the other kids how to become that, and it’s a long road to become that.”