Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Gonna run a Master's pool (and general thoughts on the Master's)

Recommendations on best free site to use, using the 6-tier system?

thx in advance.

Six tiers? That's a crazy big PB&J sandwich.

Dunno, but anyone coming into town shoot me a PM if you want to grab a beer.

Quote Originally Posted by Reilly View Post
    Six tiers? That's a crazy big PB&J sandwich.
    Any way you slice it.

I'm running one, too. I don't use a site. I have guys post their picks in the thread and I keep track the old fashioned way, with pen and paper.

Quote Originally Posted by brevity View Post
    Any way you slice it.
    I though that was Meatloaf.

Anybody here ever been to the Master's? Any tips for a soon to be first time attendee? Not me, one of my relatives.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    Anybody here ever been to the Master's? Any tips for a soon to be first time attendee? Not me, one of my relatives.
    It's absolutely gorgeous. And the food prices are crazy low.

Is he/she going on a tourney day or a practice round?

Best advice: really comfortable shoes. It is a very hilly course to walk 1-18.

Be absolutely certain to walk thru Amens Corner...holes 11and 12---spectacular

Behind the 16th green has been one of my favorite places to hang out. You can see players play 16 (over the water), or watch them play 6 and then tee off on 7. Amen Corner (11, 12, 13) is also must-see, but crowded. The least crowded food spot is at the back of the property, near the 5th green.

Finally, if you buy one of the folding camp chairs, people really do respect where you place it to come back and sit. And, as someone else said, comfy walking shoes are a MUST.

Enjoy! It really is a tradition unlike any other ....
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

About Augusta National

Haven't been to the tourney, have played there twice. If I were to go to view the tourney I'd put my chair close to 16 green (as mentioned) and roam around. TV doesn't do it justice for elevation changes. Amazing piece of real estate; very understated at best. Beautiful place. Gotta see 9 thru 16. Make sure you have a pimento cheese sandwich (or 3), for almost nothing, all wrapped in green, and several beers. Mind-boggling experience and venue. There's a reason why it might be the 2nd hardest ticket to get behind Duke=unc in CIS.

Few things compare to Augusta. Pebble Beach is pretty close, I must say.

The Masters pool

started it today, 10 bucks to play for money, but if you want to play for fun I'll make that happen. Just can't win cash.

PM me if interested. Not gonna put info out here any further.

If it's a competition round... Go early. Stay all day.

Early, I like to check out the practice tee, Number 1, etc. Mid morning, when players are starting to make the turn, and others are just getting started, I like to hang out in the area between the 2nd green, 3rd tee, 7th green and 8th tee. You can see lots of different golfers doing lots of different things in a really small location. Maybe walk down the 8th fairway and see if you can get an up close view of a golfer hitting one from the pine straw. Later in the day, work your way over to 12 tee, 13 fairway, down to 16. I've sat 2 hours under a pine tree on 17 in the afternoon resting my feet and eating those cheap pimento cheese sandwiches. Then finished the day watching golfers driving though that narrow gap on 18. If the weather's good (and it often is), it's one of the most amazing days a golf fan can experience.

OH..."YES IT IS...Thank you Mr. Jones ...TV can't do justice to beauty

Weather forecast:

IMG_0315.jpg

Should be a gorgeous week. Most of the azaleas have already bloomed through, but still should be some color out there.

Thank you to all who responded to my question on logistics for the walk.

Much appreciated, much cutting and pasting and off it goes on the google machine.

Thumbs up!
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Not part of any pool, but I do have an arrangement with a friend/client. I chose the following eight golfers, and he chose the field:

Dustin Johnson
    Rory McIlroy
    Jason Day
    Jordan Spieth
    Justin Thomas
    Rickie Fowler
    Jon Rahm
    Hideki Matsuyama

Did I just get fleeced?

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    Not part of any pool, but I do have an arrangement with a friend/client. I chose the following eight golfers, and he chose the field:

Dustin Johnson
    Rory McIlroy
    Jason Day
    Jordan Spieth
    Justin Thomas
    Rickie Fowler
    Jon Rahm
    Hideki Matsuyama

Did I just get fleeced?
    I would take that list over the field every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by left_hook_lacey View Post
    I would take that list over the field every day of the week and twice on Sunday.
    With the Par 3 contest having been cancelled, everyone in the field still has a shot to win . . . . . .

DJ injured; "hopes" to play tomorrow

Fell down a staircase today, hurting his lower back. Ouch.