Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Stay classy, Kentucky fans

http://duke.247sports.com/Bolt/Kentu...ebook-52009045

So the fans were so angry about the officiating, they have been trashing one of the officials' roofing companies.

Pretty low brow.

Quote Originally Posted by FerryFor50 View Post

So the fans were so angry about the officiating, they have been trashing one of the officials' roofing companies.

Pretty low brow.
    Yeah, it's pretty bad. Here's something a friend of mine (who is actually a Louisville fan) posted on social media:

I just called John Higgins' roofing company and they answered the phone "FBI" for obvious reasons. Obviously it wasn't the FBI, but I just wanted to let them know most Kentuckians have common sense and apologized on behalf of the ridiculous people who are trying to destroy his business reputation by purposely dropping his star rating as well as leaving untrue and nasty reviews. The person who answered the phone actually put me on the phone with his wife. Basically she said they're getting death threats too and her kids are scared, she also said they are taking names on the business' FB page of those making libel remarks, more than likely in an effort to take legal action. If you've said anything that has nothing to do with his roofing jobs or haven't actually had work done by him and made up a bad review I suggest deleting your comment(s) now or you might actually be getting into some trouble.
    Death threats. For a couple of bad calls.

Quote Originally Posted by kAzE View Post
    Death threats. For a couple of bad calls.
    This is why people need to stop trotting out this idiotic idea of "the refs need to be made available after each game to answer questions and be held accountable just like the players and coaches."

The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

I stick to that, even when it's UK playing UNC. But afterwards, I have to take a very long shower. And since UK lost, it's hard choking back the bile in my throat reading this and other stories of UK's fans. It's going to be so much easier rooting for Oregon.

Pretty low brow.
    Death threats? Meh, this is news, but not "Grayson tripping" level news. How do you even compare?
    Rich
    "Failure is Not a Destination"
    Coach K on the Dan Patrick Show, December 22, 2016

Another story on it with some examples of the posts.

The reviews weren’t all bad, however, as fake Roy Williams couldn’t be happier with this business:

roywilliams.jpg

Well played UNC troll, well played

I moved. Now 12 miles from Heaven, 13 from Hell
    Quote Originally Posted by BigWayne View Post
    Another story on it with some examples of the posts.

The reviews weren’t all bad, however, as fake Roy Williams couldn’t be happier with this business:

roywilliams.jpg

Well played UNC troll, well played
    Nah, should have ended "and John really understands that the ceiling IS the roof."

Quote Originally Posted by DU82 View Post
    Nah, should have ended "and John really understands that the ceiling IS the roof."
    LOL! That would've made a good post a classic.
    "We are not provided with wisdom, we must discover it for ourselves, after a journey through the wilderness which no one else can take for us, an effort which no one can spare us, for our wisdom is the point of view from which we come at last to regard the world." --M. Proust

The funniest thing about all this is that UK was called for 19 fouls in the game, vs 18 for UNC. Kentucky fans are the most irrational fans in American sports.

Absolutely pathetic behavior!

It's just a game initially played by little kids on a playground with nobody watching. The increased importance, placed on the game by fans, is easily illustrated in K's Duke salary progression from $40k to almost $8 million per year. There's a very dark side to fan obsession. It's still just a game.

The funniest thing about all this is that UK was called for 19 fouls in the game, vs 18 for UNC. Kentucky fans are the most irrational fans in American sports.
    And they had at least a couple of intentional fouls at the end of the game to preserve clock... so they essentially had fewer "game time" fouls called against them than UNC did.

God, help me, I think I just indirectly supported UNC. Please, someone reassure me I didn't do that -- that I'm just hating on Calipari and everything is okay with the world.
    “Coach said no 3s.” - Zion on The Block

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Rosenrosen View Post
    God, help me, I think I just indirectly supported UNC. Please, someone reassure me I didn't do that -- that I'm just hating on Calipari and everything is okay with the world.
    You never said anything kind or respectful about UNC. You have no need for concern.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Rosenrosen View Post
    And they had at least a couple of intentional fouls at the end of the game to preserve clock... so they essentially had fewer "game time" fouls called against them than UNC did.

Thank you for the kind words, they go a long way with me!

While I agree with you that Kentucky fans are irrational, I wouldn't look at number of fouls calls as if the game was called "fairly." Studies show that refs always unintentionally try to even out the fouls. (So, playing a WVU/SC-style usually works in their favor since they can't call a foul on every play). I personally thought Ketucky caught some hard breaks in the first half, which was somewhat reversed in the second half. But it wasn't the number of fouls that hurt Kentucky, it was the fact that some of their best players picked up early fouls and had to sit out large portions of the game.

Now were the calls that bad? I think a couple were bad -- Adebayo's "over the back" that cost them two points (I HATE over the back calls unless somebody literally shoves somebody in the back; how is going up for the rebound a foul?) and then the goaltend. But there are always some missed calls -- officials are human and not perfect. I just hate when people complain that there is some conspiracy of the NCAA that wants a particular team to win; that is complete rubbish. Wisconsin fans complain about the national championship game officiating vs Duke still (check out the Wikipedia page if you don't believe me). And we as a fanbase have complained about refs after hard losses too, so we're not immune -- it's an easy target to use as a scapegoat. (Check the in-game and after-game threads against South Carolina...). But Kentucky fans certainly have taken it to another level in this instance that is a bit depraved absolutely.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedog View Post
    While I agree with you that Kentucky fans are irrational, I wouldn't look at number of fouls calls as if the game was called "fairly." Studies show that refs always unintentionally try to even out the fouls. (So, playing a WVU/SC-style usually works in their favor since they can't call a foul on every play). I personally thought Ketucky caught some hard breaks in the first half, which was somewhat reversed in the second half. But it wasn't the number of fouls that hurt Kentucky, it was the fact that some of their best players picked up early fouls and had to sit out large portions of the game.

Now were the calls that bad? I think a couple were bad -- Adebayo's "over the back" that cost them two points (I HATE over the back calls unless somebody literally shoves somebody in the back; how is going up for the rebound a foul?) and then the goaltend. But there are always some missed calls -- officials are human and not perfect. I just hate when people complain that there is some conspiracy of the NCAA that wants a particular team to win; that is complete rubbish. Wisconsin fans complain about the national championship game officiating vs Duke still (check out the Wikipedia page if you don't believe me). And we as a fanbase have complained about refs after hard losses too, so we're not immune -- it's an easy target to use as a scapegoat. (Check the in-game and after-game threads against South Carolina...). But Kentucky fans certainly have taken it to another level in this instance that is a bit depraved absolutely.
    I thought the goaltend was the right call by the letter of the law. Could it have gone without a whistle? Sure, but upon review of the replay, a part of the ball was definitely over the rim when Bam touched it. The announcers also agreed that it was the right call.

The over the back call that cost them points was pretty bad imo, but the reach in foul on Stillman White by Fox was a foul. I don't understand what the fuss over that call was. He got fouled, and it was a stupid foul. There's no case there for blaming the refs for Fox's overaggressive hands. I've even seen people complaining about the foul on Monk during Justin Jackson's 3+1. He ran right under the shooter and undercut him. It was a clear foul. The over the back call was the only one that I have a problem with at all.

As far as the early fouls keeping UK players out of the game, Pinson got two fouls very early in the first half and he played again in the first half. Not playing Fox and Bam the rest of the half was a coaches decision.

To stay classy implies that one is/was classy recently; perhaps the thread is mis-titled

It's just a misunderstanding. When your mother is your sister, your son is your brother, and your uncle's dog looks like your cousin, things get confusing. I say we cut them some slack.

Pretty low brow.
    I heard "the roof was on fire" and UK had some
    Suggestions on what to do next