Baby Blue Basketball: Cronyism Personified

ACC commissioner John Swofford: "Swofford attended the University of North Carolina on a Morehead Scholarship........ In 1980, at the age of 31, Swofford was named the athletics director at his alma mater. He held that post for 17 years," (1)

NCAA President Mark Emmert: Education: Ohio University, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill (2)

ESPN's president John Skipper: Education: University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill (3)

Nothing to see here, move along.

------------------------------------------------------------
    (1) http://www.theacc.com/page/bioJohnSwofford -- sidebar
    (2) https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q...mert&*&spf=840 -- sidebar
    (3) https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q...pper&*&spf=834 -- sidebar
    The University of North Carolina
    Where CHEATING is a Way of Life

But of course, these individuals, and their present status, have absolutely nothing to do with any delay in penalties for the academic fraud committed at UNC.

Nor does the four years Swofford served as AD at UNC, or fourteen years Swofford served as Commissioner of the ACC, which coincided with said academic fraud.

All is well.

Quote Originally Posted by madscavenger View Post
    NCAA President Mark Emmert: Education: Ohio University, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill (2)
    I can't find anything about Emmert and UNC.

The NCAA site says he went to UW and Syracuse

http://www.ncaa.org/about/who-we-are...nt-mark-emmert

Quote Originally Posted by ns7 View Post

From Wikipedia:

Born Mark Allen Emmert
    December 16, 1952 (age 64)
    Fife, Washington
    Spouse(s) DeLaine Emmert
    Alma mater University of Washington (BA)
    Syracuse University (MPA, PhD)
    Profession Academic administrator
    By the way, the President of the NCAA is not involved every much with enforcement -- it falls to the Committee on Infractions, led by Greg Sankey:

A native of Auburn, New York, Sankey earned his master's degree from Syracuse University and his undergraduate degree from the State University of New York College at Cortland.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    From Wikipedia:

By the way, the President of the NCAA is not involved every much with enforcement -- it falls to the Committee on Infractions, led by Greg Sankey:
    Hmmm, Emmert and Sankey both with Syracuse connections. Perhaps that will have some influence on decision-making WRT the cheaters and their NCAA and SACS record-setting history of academic and athletic fraud.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by ns7 View Post

After digging, i had to be somewhere in a hurry, so i must have screwed up the link. i did find a connection with UNC; maybe it wasn't a degree, just cannot remember. Have since tried to track it down, but come up empty. So, i recant what i said about Emmert. My bad. If i find something later i'll post. Emmert's reluctance to exhibit much serious concern or due diligence, given all the smoking guns and witnesses, either silent or unavailable, make him suspect, and in my opinion, has established his crony credentials. Recall he has dirty laundry elsewhere.

Again, apologize.
    The University of North Carolina
    Where CHEATING is a Way of Life

Quote Originally Posted by madscavenger View Post
    After digging, i had to be somewhere in a hurry, so i must have screwed up the link. i did find a connection with UNC; maybe it wasn't a degree, just cannot remember. Have since tried to track it down, but come up empty. So, i recant what i said about Emmert. My bad. If i find something later i'll post. Emmert's reluctance to exhibit much serious concern or due diligence, given all the smoking guns and witnesses, either silent or unavailable, make him suspect, and in my opinion, has established his crony credentials. Recall he has dirty laundry elsewhere.

Again, apologize.
    Apology is not adequate. Please contact devildeac for an appointment to accept your beating from the occupants of Mt. Hatemore.

Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    Apology is not adequate. Please contact devildeac for an appointment to accept your beating from the occupants of Mt. Hatemore.
    Beating not needed. A mild to moderate amount of castigation will be sufficient.

Edit: However, rooting for unc in any fashion/shape/form is indeed punishable. Severely.
    Last edited by devildeac; 03-28-2017 at 12:01 PM.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Beating not needed. A mild to moderate amount of castigation will be sufficient.
    From your mouth to God's ears, oh merciful one.