This Board is a Class Act!

I read a few boards, which all have some level of passion and display varying levels of intelligence (or lackthereof). This board always seems to have such a high-level basketball IQ, and a willingness to see through some of the games' characters and view the team as it's own entity to have some really good basketball discussion. I know Duke has taken some brow beating this season, and the tourney run didn't quite turn out as planned, but you all (fan base) deserve credit for keeping your emotions in check and keeping the conversation focused on actions and outcomes.

It'll be interesting to see how Duke rebuilds it's roster next year after a couple of defects. Kennard has been one of my favorite players to watch this year. And the OAD system can be a cruel mistress on a fan base, as you know. Anyway, please don't change your methods/tone here. It's refreshing not to have to wade through some of the yokels and carnival-barkers.

Quote Originally Posted by KYtotheCore View Post
    I read a few boards, which all have some level of passion and display varying levels of intelligence (or lackthereof). This board always seems to have such a high-level basketball IQ, and a willingness to see through some of the games' characters and view the team as it's own entity to have some really good basketball discussion. I know Duke has taken some brow beating this season, and the tourney run didn't quite turn out as planned, but you all (fan base) deserve credit for keeping your emotions in check and keeping the conversation focused on actions and outcomes.

It'll be interesting to see how Duke rebuilds it's roster next year after a couple of defects. Kennard has been one of my favorite players to watch this year. And the OAD system can be a cruel mistress on a fan base, as you know. Anyway, please don't change your methods/tone here. It's refreshing not to have to wade through some of the yokels and carnival-barkers.
    From your profile, you've hanging around here for quite awhile. We endeavor to be welcoming of (reasonable) rival fans, and I appreciate your feedback - especially considering this has been such a challenging week and none of us has been on our best behavior in the wake of a disappointing loss.

Three things:

- It appears that USC is not simply a flash-in-the-pan. They exhibited the same style in all three tourney games thus far. I would he interested to know what your take is on this team and how they have pulled it together in March for a deep run.

- There has been a lot of consternation about whether K's one and done recruiting might be to blame for our perceived poor defense in recent season. Calipari, for all his faults, doesn't seem subject to this. Is it just the presence of rim-protecting bigs? Or do you see a difference in his philosophy with his young guys?

- Tomorrow is probably one of the only ocassions this decade in which Duke fans will line up behind Kentucky fans. Go whoop some Tar Heel butt!

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    From your profile, you've hanging around here for quite awhile. We endeavor to be welcoming of (reasonable) rival fans, and I appreciate your feedback - especially considering this has been such a challenging week and none of us has been on our best behavior in the wake of a disappointing loss.

Three things:

- It appears that USC is not simply a flash-in-the-pan. They exhibited the same style in all three tourney games thus far. I would he interested to know what your take is on this team and how they have pulled it together in March for a deep run.

- There has been a lot of consternation about whether K's one and done recruiting might be to blame for our perceived poor defense in recent season. Calipari, for all his faults, doesn't seem subject to this. Is it just the presence of rim-protecting bigs? Or do you see a difference in his philosophy with his young guys?

- Tomorrow is probably one of the only ocassions this decade in which Duke fans will line up behind Kentucky fans. Go whoop some Tar Heel butt!
    - As for SC, I think Sindarius (talented senior) is dragging them through this thing, and a couple of role-players on the team are complimenting him. The freshman with the headband (can't think of his name) is a nice player. Looks like a half-back. Martin has them buying into the talent they have. Just how I see it. No value in it though.

- UK has had its share of freshman talent and their limitations. I don't think Duke had any glaring weaknesses. No PG, but Duke isn't the first to have to deal with that. I think Duke (like UK) just doesn't have a dominant center. Adebayo, for all of his talent, isn't an overwhelming force or an elite defender at center. He's not playing his natural position. He has his off nights. UCLA pretty much shut him down. There just wasn't a lot of centers to come out last year, so teams were forced to use what they had. UK has lived and died by their guard play this year. Adebayo has had some good games against less-athletic centers. UK has only recently started to up their defense. At other times it's been moments of poor shot selection, turnovers, etc. There's no perfect freshman, for sure. I think K does a fine job with his teams. Cal has had his issues to get this group to trust themselves and each other, and I think only as of late they're starting to do that. I'd love for the OAD rule to change to a 2-year minimum.

- It's a nice sentiment that you will root for UK next game, but I'm not so naïve to not realize it's probably more just rooting against UNC! (Ha Ha). We'll take the support anyway!

Three things:

Agree with your thoughts. Regarding South Carolina, it was interesting to see that the Gamecocks went only 3-6 in their last 9 games of the season prior to the NCAAT(this includes their loss to Alabama in the SEC Tourney). Have they caught the proverbial "lightning in a bottle?"

- As for SC, I think Sindarius (talented senior) is dragging them through this thing, and a couple of role-players on the team are complimenting him.
    "Nice hair, Sindarius, looking good!"

"Love how you fill out your uniform, Sindarius!"

"Hey Sindarius, those tats look amazing on you!"

Just messing with you, KYtotheCore, welcome to DBR and thanks for the compliments!
    Rich
    "Failure is Not a Destination"
    Coach K on the Dan Patrick Show, December 22, 2016

Thanks man, as a long time poster, that means a lot to me.

... you all (fan base) deserve credit for keeping your emotions in check and keeping the conversation focused on actions and outcomes...It's refreshing not to have to wade through some of the yokels and carnival-barkers.
    I'm blushing and I totally agree.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

- It's a nice sentiment that you will root for UK next game, but I'm not so naïve to not realize it's probably more just rooting against UNC! (Ha Ha). We'll take the support anyway!
    I think that the board is stronger with fans from different fan bases, as long as they are respectful that they are on a Duke board. But I, for one, love to see different perspectives, as long as they are reasonable and reasoned. I'd hate to see a board where everyone always agrees, and any dissenting opinion gets quashed (see IC...). But thank you for the compliment in the OP.

Well, you're right about the motivation, but the support will be quite real in your next game. I will be strongly rooting for KY. Also, your team, though I can't pretend to be a real fan, is very fun to watch. I've enjoyed seeing the development of your players this year. Anyway, it should be more or less a home game for you, so I hope the support--in person and virtual--puts you guys over the top and lets you destroy the stupid heels.

Always good to have opposing team's fans post in a classy manner. You seem to fit the bill. We have some fans that come on here and get in little digs after a Duke loss. Most of us don't like that type posts. Now for your next game.

Please take the uncheats to the woodshed. Something like 82-50 would be about right. I really like to watch your guards play basketball. They are fun to watch and I like them against the cheats. If you're hitting your 3s you have a great chance to beat them again this season. GoDuke and GoKtucky!

Beat them like the dogs they are. After all, same shade of blue facing them. That'll knock them back a bit.

Even the oregon ducky unis look better that the baby blue argyle shorts. Ugh, those are so hideous. Barf.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Absolutely no question I will be looking for the Cats to apply the BEAT Down to the Heels.
    Make Meeks run and run and run and run... Then go at him relentlessly. Keep a guy in front of Berry and have someone shadow Jackson and double in a blink.

it should work out fine for yall.

Go Cats!

Three things:

Didn't know they were in still. Or did you mean SC? Lol

Just to branch if this though, why is it that Gamecock fans always wanna refer to their school as USC or Carolina. Go anywhere else away from the Carolina's and the masses will assume USC = Trojans and Carolina = Tarheels
    "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge" -Stephen Hawking

DUDE Be careful!!!

- As for SC, I think Sindarius (talented senior) is dragging them through this thing, and a couple of role-players on the team are complimenting him. The freshman with the headband (can't think of his name) is a nice player. Looks like a half-back. Martin has them buying into the talent they have. Just how I see it. No value in it though.

- UK has had its share of freshman talent and their limitations. I don't think Duke had any glaring weaknesses. No PG, but Duke isn't the first to have to deal with that. I think Duke (like UK) just doesn't have a dominant center. Adebayo, for all of his talent, isn't an overwhelming force or an elite defender at center. He's not playing his natural position. He has his off nights. UCLA pretty much shut him down. There just wasn't a lot of centers to come out last year, so teams were forced to use what they had. UK has lived and died by their guard play this year. Adebayo has had some good games against less-athletic centers. UK has only recently started to up their defense. At other times it's been moments of poor shot selection, turnovers, etc. There's no perfect freshman, for sure. I think K does a fine job with his teams. Cal has had his issues to get this group to trust themselves and each other, and I think only as of late they're starting to do that. I'd love for the OAD rule to change to a 2-year minimum.

I came in here a Kentucky fan, met a Duke Girl, took her back to a game at Cameron and fell in Love!!!

With Duke. Me and her parted ways but Duke saved basketball for me! It was the Billy Gillispie years and I just couldn't anymore with the cats...

Go to Cameron, see the magic that is a shrine to college basketball played at the highest level with integrity and values and morals!

And it's the same shade of Blue, kinda...

I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death!
    Quote Originally Posted by JNort View Post
    Didn't know they were in still. Or did you mean SC? Lol

Just to branch if this though, why is it that Gamecock fans always wanna refer to their school as USC or Carolina. Go anywhere else away from the Carolina's and the masses will assume USC = Trojans and Carolina = Tarheels
    Well that's the point isn't it? To them, they ARE Carolina and USC. To paraphrase the Rock, "It doesn't matter what anyone else thinks!" We would roll the same way if we were South Carolina fans.

I think fans of other teams complement the rest of the Duke fans on this board very well. Especially if they compliment Duke's team, coach, players and/or fans.

Quote Originally Posted by KenTankerous View Post
    I came in here a Kentucky fan, met a Duke Girl, took her back to a game at Cameron and fell in Love!!!

With Duke. Me and her parted ways but Duke saved basketball for me! It was the Billy Gillispie years and I just couldn't anymore with the cats...

Go to Cameron, see the magic that is a shrine to college basketball played at the highest level with integrity and values and morals!

And it's the same shade of Blue, kinda...
    Pantone 287 (Duke) vs Pantone 286 (UK).

First, the article:

https://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/02/s...blue.html?_r=4

Second, the colors:

https://static01.nyt.com/images/2015...ter1050-v2.gif
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.