Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by UNCfan View Post
    Miller thinks he will be the next UNC coach. Not sure I like that idea.
    Sean? Or Archie?

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Sean? Or Archie?
    Sean

Sean Miller

Sean
    His postseason record would be perfect for UNC. But why would UNC look at Sean Miller?

Kansas is looking crazy good

Dear God. Kansas is winning by an average of 30 points a game, and while one of those was the 38 point blowout of 16 seed UC Davis, they've now beaten Michigan State by 20 and Purdue by 32. Hard to see Oregon beating them in Kansas City.

Sean
    Was sort of joking...

Yes, I am fine with either.

Xavier

Quote Originally Posted by MChambers View Post
    His postseason record would be perfect for UNC. But why would UNC look at Sean Miller?
    Wasn't Xavier a preseason top 15 team who underperformed during the regular season? Paging Tom Izzo.

Quote Originally Posted by MChambers View Post
    He's a really good coach and a really good recruiter. Arizona is the third recruiting powerhouse in college ball right now. He'll keep knocking, and he'll break down the door to the Final Four eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by chriso View Post
    Wasn't Xavier a preseason top 15 team who underperformed during the regular season? Paging Tom Izzo.
    Xavier had a major injury to one of their star players that sank their February. They've since rebounded apparently. But they lost 6 straight games in late-February/early-March after losing Sumner to injury.

Rebound

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    Xavier had a major injury to one of their star players that sank their February. They've since rebounded apparently. But they lost 6 straight games in late-February/early-March after losing Sumner to injury.
    I like Xavier. And that's some rebound! And I agree Miller's done a great job with Arizona. They are right there every year. Eventually they will make the FF.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Was sort of joking...

Yes, I am fine with either.
    Sean just had his contract extended to 2020. That kind of gave me some anxiety relief since I wouldn't want him down the road. Even after last night's terrible last three minutes of the game.
    Holy moly, did they collapse. Trier= ball hog.

Troublemaker is right, Miller is a fine coach and recruiter but just can't quuiiiiite get the smart players at point guard.

It is "finally" dawning on me that the college game has been awful this year. Between the caliber of court play and the referee overreach, it's been pretty lame.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Go Bulldogs!
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    Sean just had his contract extended to 2020. That kind of gave me some anxiety relief since I wouldn't want him down the road.
    Well, barring sanctions, I don't think Williams will retire before 2020 anyway. So I don't think that extension would preclude him from being the next UNC coach.

UK/UCLA tonight has the makings for the best game of the season

I'll be tuned in. Not so much for the next game.
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

Quote Originally Posted by flyingdutchdevil View Post
    I'll be tuned in. Not so much for the next game.
    No risk, no reward. You might miss out on Butler beating UNC.

Hey, it COULD happen. Probably very few people gave fellow Big East team Xavier a chance against Arizona last night, for example.

Besides Kansas, the seed next to a team's name has mattered very little in this tournament. All the games look like they're played between evenly-matched teams.

But agreed that UK-UCLA (which is the late game, actually, not UNC-Butler) might be great entertainment.

So far we have a 1 seed and three 2 seeds gone. Gonzaga just got by last night. Kansas had a very good second half. Tonight, Kentucky will have their hands full while UNC has the most favorable match but who knows this year. Be interesting to see what USC does against Baylor, while Wisconsin and Florida looks pretty even based on current play.

here's hoping that the unc players think that their baby blue jerseys will get them past that "little mid major" school....

Butler isn't afraid of them....
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post
    here's hoping that the unc players think that their baby blue jerseys will get them past that "little mid major" school...

Butler isn't afraid of them...
    Butler getting killed right now- not sure they can stop UNC

Quote Originally Posted by dukelifer View Post
    Butler getting killed right now- not sure they can stop UNC
    Did any of us really expect any other result?

Quote Originally Posted by slower View Post
    Did any of us really expect any other result?
    Well, Butler did beat 'Nova twice so I expected better from them. Playing like 6 week old puppies now.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Well, Butler did beat 'Nova twice so I expected better from them. Playing like 6 week old puppies now.
    'Nova and UNC two very different skill sets, but still long way to go.
    Rich
    "Failure is Not a Destination"
    Coach K on the Dan Patrick Show, December 22, 2016