Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Jeter Gone

Jeter Gone

Chase Jeter is transferring. Can't blame him. Whether it be injury or K's short bench, he just got buried. He will flourish somewhere for sure.

GoDuke announcement

Classy statement by Chase. Good luck, young man!

“I have loved my time at Duke, getting a world-class education and competing alongside my brothers every day,” Jeter said. “After careful consideration, I decided it would be best for me to transfer to a school closer to home. I’ve made long-lasting relationships here and I want to thank my teammates and coaches for the support they’ve given me over the last two years.”

Our fears confirmed. Sigh.. Good luck Chase and thanks for being a great teammate during your time here, even if it didn't end up how you'd hoped.

This is the type of 4 year player Duke really needs to keep around. The 14 and 15 classes have been brutal for Duke in terms of retaining upperclassmen.

Sad to see him go. Best of luck Chase where ever your travels may take you.

Does this mean Bolden is definitely returning?

Not shocked. He just seemed overmatched at the ACC level much of the time. And opportunities were going to be slim. I wish him well.

Damn it. I really believed next year was going to be Chase's chance to break out. We lose another upperclassman and a really smart kid with a great work ethic. He will be missed.

Good luck wherever you end up, Chase. I wish it could have worked out at Duke.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey View Post
    No. Just another one of the dominos to fall.
    Whatever the hell "it" is, Jabari found it.

-Roy "Ole Huck" Williams

Jeter aside, if the OP is the real Stanley Hauerwas, I'm super excited.

A movie is not about what it's about; it's about how it's about it.
    ---Roger Ebert

Some questions cannot be answered
    Who’s gonna bury who
    We need a love like Johnny, Johnny and June
    ---Over the Rhine

Unfortunate, but not surprising. Academic all- ACC, good kid, apparently a good teammate.

Wish him well wherever he lands.

Unfortunately I think the two decisions are unrelated. That said, I hope Bolden returns.

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    Unfortunately I think the two decisions are unrelated. That said, I hope Bolden returns.
    If I were Jeter, Bolden's decision would have affected mine.

great kid...stuck around and stayed involved and positive....good luck, chase....
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

7 Man Rotation

I think the real question for Bolden is, should he return? If you have not cracked K's tight 7 man rotation you just are not going to play. It's a real shame. So, if Bolden believes he is either going to start or be the first off the bench, he should return, if not, he will probably leave cause K is obviously not going to change at this point, and given the choice K is going to go with only 1 big in the game at a time and play small ball with a stretch 4. To assume that both Carter and Bolden will play significant minutes together next season goes against everything we've seen from K in the last 30 years. He much prefers to play an undersized 3 at the 4 spot instead of going big. So, I won't be at all surprised to see Bolden be the next to bolt.

Experience in the program, so-called "institutional knowledge", takes another hit (Amile, Matt and upperclassman-to-be Jeter). K and staff will earn their "teaching" pay next year.

good luck Chase!

i selfishly feel bad for us as fans that we won't get enjoy Chase's evolution on the court in coming years - which most of seem to think he is on the cusp of. I know as a group we love to cheer on and pull for our boys who commit to the program to make 'the leap'. More so though I feel bad for Chase that his time w/ us didn't work out the way he envisioned due to a plethora of circumstance and bad luck.

above all i else i want to thank Chase for being a GREAT teammate and GREAT student and while he was here doing everything he could to be an outstanding representative of our program and our university. any frustrations never manifested themselves in any public way. i haven't mastered that at 40 years old let alone as a 19yo on a very public, pressure filled stage. great character: well done Chase and his family! Thank you for being on the bus with us. i'm sorry you are getting off this one but to paraphrase Coach K i'm sure you'll be getting on the right one for you. a program and a school is going to be very lucky to land him.

all the best CJ!
    downtowndevil

If I were Jeter, Bolden's decision would have affected mine.
    I am not saying they are definitely unrelated. Just that I think they are. Jeter probably realized that he was not going to be a starter at Duke (with or without Bolden), and decided to move on. Bolden may or may not be willing to return and compete for minutes with Carter. We'll see. I do hope he does return. But I have no idea if he will.

Regardless, I guess we should probably keep this thread about Jeter.

Quote Originally Posted by Hauerwas View Post
    To assume that both Carter and Bolden will play significant minutes together next season goes against everything we've seen from K in the last 30 years.
    I think Bolden would have to assume multiple things to feel he should/must transfer. IMO, Bolden would have to assume he would not go in the first round of next year's, relatively weak, NBA draft. Then, he would have to assume Carter will not be injured, will not spend significant time in foul trouble, and is not overrated. How many times has Duke had a highly ranked, big man, recruit who did not average 25+ minutes a game their Freshman season?

Chase had shown some interest in UCLA, Kansas, Oregon, Arizona, and UNLV prior to committing to Duke. I wonder if one of those schools will ultimately be his destination. If UCLA is his choice, after his transfer year, he will have a chance to play with the youngest of the Ball brothers, LaMelo Ball. I think a high octane offensive team like the Bruins might be good for Chase. He's very mobile and can run the floor quite well.

People think Nevada is a possible landing spot. I think he definitely showed major improvements this year and what we saw early in the season was pretty solid honestly. Nobody thought we were going to be that succesful out of the gate with all the injuries (Giles, Tatum, Bolden) and a big part of that was Chase being able to play well. Good luck to Chase!