Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tatum declares

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Tatum declares

Jayson has declared for the draft (no shock). Wish him all the best and it was a joy watching him grow this year.

I hope he finishes his classes this semester, rather than pull a big blue and leave for private preparation for the draft process.

Best of luck to a fine representative of the school.

Quote Originally Posted by NashvilleDevil View Post
    Jayson has declared for the draft (no shock). Wish him all the best and it was a joy watching him grow this year.
    Man I hate the one and done era for selfish reasons. Thanks for coming to Duke J-Smooth, we appreciate you! Stay connected to Duke and Coach K, stay away from trouble, and become a shining star! Best wishes, and good luck sir.

Quote Originally Posted by dukebluesincebirth View Post
    Man I hate the one and done era for selfish reasons. Thanks for coming to Duke J-Smooth, we appreciate you! Stay connected to Duke and Coach K, stay away from trouble, and become a shining star! Best wishes, and good luck sir.
    Ditto to this sentiment! I realize he will be making a lot of money (nothing wrong with that) and I realize that it is the dream for many of these young star basketball players to get to the NBA as fast as possible...BUT I also feel sorry for him that he will not have a normal 4-year college experience (if the scholarship players at a place like Duke have a "normal" experience?). I was certainly not ready after one year of college to leave and go out into the "real world". But I wish him the best of luck and to stay healthy and have a great NBA career. I think the sky is the only limit for him!

I really enjoyed watching him play this year. His growth as a player the last couple of months has been impressive and I'm sure he'll do well in the NBA.

Thanks for 28 wins, ACC Championship, and 2 wins vs Cheats. Hopes he does well anywhere but would love the Knicks to build around Porzingis-Tatum combo if the lottery bounces them in the right spot.

Best of luck, Jayson!

Jayson, we hardly knew yee...

Always tough to say goodbye to a player after just one year, but we'll always have that dunk on Kennedy Meeks and the ACC title run. Not to mention many other great highlights such as the second half explosion at UVA. Was great to have him as a Duke player and he should represent Duke well for the rest of his career.

He was sure fun to watch (except for the step-back fadeaway long 2s though they were fun when they went in) this season. Best of luck in the league.

best of luck, jayson...thanks for coming to duke!! we'll be pulling for you!!
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

Thanks for a great year Jayson! It was fun watching you develop throughout the season. I'll be rooting for you in the NBA!

Quote Originally Posted by duke79 View Post
    I was certainly not ready after one year of college to leave and go out into the "real world".
    It seems worth noting that after his one year of college, Jayson is already better at his profession (one of the top 400 or so in his profession in the world just by making the league and top 15 in the world in his "graduating" class) than most people on this planet ever were or will be. Maturity may be a different thing, but as for being prepared for the workforce, 99.9% of us can only dream of being as ready as he is.

Thanks and Best of Luck

Jason

Would have loved seeing you stay longer at Duke but thanks for all you did and best of luck in the NBA.

SoCal

Thanks for everything, and good luck throughout your career!

Good luck in the league big guy, thanks for the awesome year.

Thanks for the ACC Championship, Jayson! Great job this year, and good luck in the league.

Hope this news found its way to Mr. Knox.

Quote Originally Posted by TKG View Post
    Hope this news found its way to Mr. Knox.
    Oh I'm sure he already knew after Duke visited him in Florida yesterday.

Good luck, Jayson.

I should note that in the past when Duke had multiple undergrads go pro, they have staggered the announcements so that each kid gets his day in the sun.

I suspect we have at least one more and maybe as many as three or four more guys to salute as they head out the door.