Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thank you, seniors!

Absolutely crushing to see it end for Matt and Amile like this. Two of the best guys to come through this program.

Good luck wherever your careers go from here! We love you guys!

While not the outcome we all hoped for, they'll always be champions.

Best of luck.

Quote Originally Posted by kAzE View Post
    Absolutely crushing to see it end for Matt and Amile like this. Two of the best guys to come through this program.

They both played like champs tonight. Loved jones first half threes and Jefferson's passion and leadership.

Heck of a game for Amile. He really showed up tonight.

Whatever they choose to pursue, they'll do it with our pride in them.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

They both made me proud, today and every day of their Duke careers.

Amile was great tonight

Hats off to Amile and Matt.

Along with what is likely a whole host of others.

- Chillin

Quote Originally Posted by summerwind03 View Post
    They both made me proud, today and every day of their Duke careers.
    THIS. They will always be ACC and National Champions!!

Two great guys who came to Duke to get a degree and win a National chamipion!!!!

Congrats to Matt & Amile for the races they ran to the finish at Duke

Glad they had the chance to be on a national championship team

Thanks, fellas. Thanks for your leadership and your heart. And thanks for staying the entire time. God bless, and good luck in the future.

Five Amiles tonight and we would have found a way to win.

I cannot imagine where this team would have been without Amile coming back for a 5th year. So much weight on his shoulders and he handled it with aplomb.

Thank you, Seniors, for your dedication to Duke University and the basketball program. May you go far in life.

My heart hurts.. AMILE gave it his all as im sure Matt did, other than that intensity was non existent tonight. Thanks guys, you will ALWAYS be NATIONAL CHAMPIONS!!!

I've been negative due to the moment, but yeah, it's sad to see Matt and Amile go. It was a heck of a ride. I would've loved to see a few more guys with Amile's fire. It often seemed like he would get emotional to pump everyone else up. It's good to have a guy like that.

We're definitely going to miss Amile's leadership next year. His passion, energy & leadership really set a great example for our guys. It's tough to tell who's going to pick up that mantle among the players we expect back. Maybe Grayson or Luke, if they decide to come back? Possibly Javin, but leadership and respect are often associated with results (see our 2013-14 team). I could see Frank becoming that strong voice in the huddles and the locker room, while commanding the respect of his teammates.

And Matt as well. His defensive tenacity and selflessness will be missed. He came in with the reputation of an ace shooter and over 4 years, transformed himself into a reliable defensive stopper. He's the prototypical 4-year guy who we get to watch develop and evolve over a longer time horizon. I hope we get a lot more Matty Ice's coming on campus. Every class should have at least one.

Best of luck to Amile & Matt in whatever they end up doing! (maybe sitting 1 or 2 seats away from Coach K or Capel in a few years?)

Matt and Amile sure stepped their games up in the tournament. Too bad it had to end so early. At least both were on that 2015 team and have a ring.

My sentiments exactly

Quote Originally Posted by kAzE View Post

Matt and Amile you are the best. Good luck to you in whatever you do.

SoCal