Colin Cowherd dropping knowledge

https://twitter.com/TheHerd/status/841424144109518849

Outside of Notre Dame Football from the 50's-70's, @DukeMBB is the most elegant, respected and important brand in college sports.

There is a first time for everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. Dingleberry View Post
    Exactly this

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Exactly this
    Yes, my thoughts exactly when I saw that this morning. If you haven't you should watch what he said about Calipari as well:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwBanTlztn0

My brother and I said this morning it was the first time that I can remember agreeing with Cowherd haha

Cowherd is actually known to be pro-Duke. Unfortunately, he's still a blowhard who blatantly cherry picks stats and figures to support his argument. His only redeeming quality is that he doesn't hate Duke.

Quote Originally Posted by kAzE View Post
    Cowherd is actually known to be pro-Duke. Unfortunately, he's still a blowhard who blatantly cherry picks stats and figures to support his argument. His only redeeming quality is that he doesn't hate Duke.
    Cowherd being pro-Duke is one of those things that makes me step back and say, "Wait a minute, am I wrong? Do I need to question every single one of my priors?" And then I remember that even broken clocks are right twice a day, and I move on ignoring everything he says.

Quote Originally Posted by Hingeknocker View Post
    Cowherd being pro-Duke is one of those things that makes me step back and say, "Wait a minute, am I wrong? Do I need to question every single one of my priors?" And then I remember that even broken clocks are right twice a day, and I move on ignoring everything he says.
    When you think about it, Cowherd tooting Duke's horn on Twitter (especially the way he said it) probably just makes more people hate Duke. Most people who hate us think we are very entitled and flaunt our "holier than thou" program. Cowherd's comments just fan the flames. Check the comments for proof.

I'm obviously a huge Duke fan, but I don't go on Facebook and post "Duke is the most respected and elegant program ever." All the UK fans in my friend list would probably block me instantly, and hate Duke even more.

Quote Originally Posted by atoomer0881 View Post
    Yes, my thoughts exactly when I saw that this morning. If you haven't you should watch what he said about Calipari as well:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwBanTlztn0

My brother and I said this morning it was the first time that I can remember agreeing with Cowherd haha
    I appreciate the sentiment, but no thank you.
    Let's go Duke!

When you think about it, Cowherd tooting Duke's horn on Twitter (especially the way he said it) probably just makes more people hate Duke. Most people who hate us think we are very entitled and flaunt our "holier than thou" program. Cowherd's comments just fan the flames. Check the comments for proof.

I'm obviously a huge Duke fan, but I don't go on Facebook and post "Duke is the most respected and elegant program ever." All the UK fans in my friend list would probably block me instantly, and hate Duke even more.
    Fixed this for you
    Let's go Duke!

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Dat View Post
    https://twitter.com/TheHerd/status/841424144109518849

Outside of Notre Dame Football from the 50's-70's, @DukeMBB is the most elegant, respected and important brand in college sports.
    You know what they say about squirrels and nuts, and broken clocks. I'm not sure it's grammatically correct to use Cowherd and knowledge in the same sentence...

I don't think it's true at all that Cowherd's wildly pro-Duke comments are likely to make more people hate Duke. The people who hate Duke--the vast majority of whom are simply straight-up jealous--whether they want to admit it or not, are going to hate Duke regardless of what Cowherd or anyone else says. But I could see where his comments could entice many who are indifferent about Duke to think about it a little more carefully and look at it a little more closely and then decide to start becoming a fan of Duke. I could definitely see that happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa John View Post
    I'm not sure it's grammatically correct to use Cowherd and knowledge in the same sentence...
    I'd call it an oxymoron ... with the emphasis on the 'moron'

Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    I don't think it's true at all that Cowherd's wildly pro-Duke comments are likely to make more people hate Duke. The people who hate Duke--the vast majority of whom are simply straight-up jealous--whether they want to admit it or not, are going to hate Duke regardless of what Cowherd or anyone else says. But I could see where his comments could entice many who are indifferent about Duke to think about it a little more carefully and look at it a little more closely and then decide to start becoming a fan of Duke. I could definitely see that happening.
    Cowherd wants page clicks and controversy - I agree with him that Duke is by far the most polarizing team in college basketball and outside of the New England Patriots along with the Cowboys perhaps in big time sports.

Other teams have larger followings but IMO there is not a lot of Cubs, Cavs or Warriors hate out there - Calipari would like to get there but has not won enough championships to be envied/hated nationwide.

Giving a pro or con hot take on Duke during the NCAAs moves the needle more than comments on any other college bball team.

Quote Originally Posted by Atlanta Duke View Post
    Cowherd wants page clicks and controversy - I agree with him that Duke is by far the most polarizing team in college basketball and outside of the New England Patriots along with the Cowboys perhaps in big time sports.

Other teams have larger followings but IMO there is not a lot of Cubs, Cavs or Warriors hate out there - Calipari would like to get there but has not won enough championships to be envied/hated nationwide.

Giving a pro or con hot take on Duke during the NCAAs moves the needle more than comments on any other college bball team.
    it is my experience that, among those who are only casual sports fans, Duke is relatively popular. Good school, famous coach, successful program, somewhat recognizable players. Among more intense sports fans, the Devils are indeed polarizing. But shouldn't the Devil always be polarizing?
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    ... Good school, famous coach, successful program, somewhat recognizable players ...
    ... kind-hearted fans, altruistic alums, beautiful people both inside and out ...

I was thinking the same thing. I don't think there is a bigger dullard in sports talk radio. I can't listen to him for more than 5 minutes and I would never listen to him if I had more options. As far as I'm concerned, he's a daily advertisement for XM radio.