Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Matt Jones

Matt Jones

He must have been as disappointed as anyone else with his shooting this year, how great it is that he had a special moment in the closing minutes of the ACC championship game.

Matt Stones.
    April 1

thank you matt!!!!
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

That was a moment. I could not believe it went in.He has been so shaky all season.Big time play. We needed to make plays after the first 10 minutes. We were really unraveling with unforced errors.Tatum's coast to coast was such a huge play as well. Loving this team now.Giles had one goof . It happens, but he will be such an asset in the NCAA tourney.

This made 3 will really give Matt confidence. He will be open,but he has to make those.

My first thought after that basket was about the support for Matt and happiness for him that would be expressed in the DBR Forums !

It was a fine time to break out of a slump...Thank you Matt..

Love Matt and think he has had a great senior season even with a shooting slump. Could not be happier that he made that shot. Honestly, it might not be backed up statistically, but I feel like he has had a knack for hitting really key threes over his career, even if his offense can be a bit shaky overall. Hopefully it takes the lid off for him going into the NCAAs, but even if it doesn't want a great way to end his ACC career!

Quote Originally Posted by heyman25 View Post
    That was a moment.
    No, it was three moments. The big shot, finding Tatum for the breakaway on the contested inbounds, and then forcing the turnover under the basket on Notre Dame.

Amazing, mature sequence, crucial to hanging a banner.

Wish I could swear on DBR to show excitement. Was at game. I broke my chair jumpin so hard in reaction to 3pt shot. That mofo is for real.

Go Duke!!!

FYI: ND fans are super annoying. UNC fans are better (I know, right...)
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

NNNnnooooooooooooo ... YYESSSS!

Is it just me, or did his shooting form look better (more conventional) on that shot than on any other shot he has taken this year?

He had to take the shot at that point in the possession, and he did it without hesitation. He is a true champion, he has adjusted his role to allow others to step forward, and yet was ready to answer the call.

Quote Originally Posted by flyingdutchdevil View Post
    Wish I could swear on DBR to show excitement. Was at game. I broke my chair jumpin so hard in reaction to 3pt shot. That mofo is for real.

Go Duke!!!

FYI: ND fans are super annoying. UNC fans are better (I know, right...)
    While I would not go that far, I was at the Duke loss to ND in the ACC Tournament last year in DC, and I'm glad for some vengeance.

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post

He is a true champion, he has adjusted his role to allow others to step forward, and yet was ready to answer the call.
    Quoted for emphasis. Y'all read that again.

I couldn't be happier for Matt. People forget that these players hurt more than anyone when they don't do well. Matt gets abused on different Duke message boards, but he is a leader and a good defender. He has a knack for making great plays at key times. I will always remember all the good he did for Duke.

He played big minutes tonight!!
    Kyle gets BUCKETS!
    https://youtu.be/NJWPASQZqLc

Chills when that 3 went in...just chills. Classy guy,
    Tough competitor. Happy for Matt.

How he had the guts to take that shot - I will never know. Wow! This really was Redemption Week!

Quote Originally Posted by accfanfrom1970 View Post
    Chills when that 3 went in...just chills. Classy guy,
    Tough competitor. Happy for Matt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay Wright
    bang
    I like how jay wright puts it.
    April 1

way to go, yo!!!
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

The guy is a champion, not even going to lie i was questioning as to why K left G on the bench in favor of Matt. I know what Matt brings to the table defensively but we were coming out of a Timeout and had the ball... Boy coach K shows why he's the Goat and were on a forum!! Love our team and what does it say about Matt to not be afraid to take the big shot when he hadn't shot all night, lets never forget how huge he was offensively during that magical 2015 run. Awesome moment for such a selfless guy

I just had a feeling that Matt Jones would make a key basket for us when we needed it most. Boy, did he ever!!!! And he made some great plays afterward, too like finding Jayson on that key And1 a moment later. Much love for Matt Jones and I hope the posters here who've been bashing him realize how foolish they've been. Dude plays his butt off and gives it his all and...somehow, someway, it pays off!