Mark Zuckerberg Meets Duke, Carolina Basketball Teams

I knew Mark Zuckerberg was visiting North Carolina to speak at NC A&T yesterday. I was surprised to read this morning that he met with both Duke and UNC men's basketball teams and coaches, too (N&O Story). The story also notes that he tried, and liked, Cheerwine and NC BBQ.

The N&O only shows a pic with Mark and Roy, but there's a link to Mark Zuckerberg's Facebook post with more pics from his visit to both teams. Worth a click. There's one with the guys in the lockerroom where everyone is standing, and Zuckerberg's comment is, "Everyone looked normal height until they stood up." Pretty funny.

There's another where the team is meeting with Zuckerberg, the chairs arranged in a circle in the locker room. The pic is nice, but there's this exchange in the comments (showed up at the top of the comments):

John Ptucha Did Grayson trip you on your way out?

Mark Zuckerberg No, he was very nice. Sometimes the way you appear on TV is very different from the way you are in real life.

I like Zuckerberg's response to the troll.

There's another really nice pic of him and Coach K in Coach's office.

(And, yeah, there are pics over at UNC, too.)

Looks like it was a fun day for all involved.

Quote Originally Posted by devil84 View Post
    I knew Mark Zuckerberg was visiting North Carolina to speak at NC A&T yesterday. I was surprised to read this morning that he met with both Duke and UNC men's basketball teams and coaches, too (N&O Story). The story also notes that he tried, and liked, Cheerwine and NC BBQ.

The N&O only shows a pic with Mark and Roy, but there's a link to Mark Zuckerberg's Facebook post with more pics from his visit to both teams. Worth a click. There's one with the guys in the lockerroom where everyone is standing, and Zuckerberg's comment is, "Everyone looked normal height until they stood up." Pretty funny.

There's another where the team is meeting with Zuckerberg, the chairs arranged in a circle in the locker room. The pic is nice, but there's this exchange in the comments (showed up at the top of the comments):

Mark Zuckerberg No, he was very nice. Sometimes the way you appear on TV is very different from the way you are in real life.

Does he ever wear anything other than a hoodie?
    Rich
    "Failure is Not a Destination"
    Coach K on the Dan Patrick Show, December 22, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Zukerberg subscribes to the theory that we only have capacity to make a relatively small number of decisions per day. He chooses not to have his daily outfit be one of those decisions. Many high level performers use(d) the same technique, most notably, Steve Jobs.

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/01/05/mark-...obe-trick.html

Quote Originally Posted by nmduke2001 View Post
    Zukerberg subscribes to the theory that we only have capacity to make a relatively small number of decisions per day. He chooses not to have his daily outfit be one of those decisions. Many high level performers use(d) the same technique, most notably, Steve Jobs.

I think Albert Einstein did the same thing. At least Steve Jobs and John Paul DeJoria chose outfits that were business casual. As my father would say, "Zuckerberg looks like a schlump."

I guess I'll never reach that level because I agonize over my wardrobe on a daily basis. I like to look gooooood!
    Rich
    "Failure is Not a Destination"
    Coach K on the Dan Patrick Show, December 22, 2016

I really liked this quote from his post:
    As Coach K said, the players each "need to have the courage to lead at the moment leadership is needed."

Of course my mind immediately tied it to THAT Matt Jones shot.

Quote Originally Posted by blUDAYvil View Post
    I really liked this quote from his post:
    As Coach K said, the players each "need to have the courage to lead at the moment leadership is needed."

Of course my mind immediately tied it to THAT Matt Jones shot.
    What's interesting about that play is that Jayson Tatum was also in a position to be a leader. He was the one that drove to the basket, found Jones, and made the pass. It was a really beautiful play and one that I think defines Tatum as someone that has grown into a highly intelligent basketball player this season that is making the right plays at the right time. He also made a break for the basket on the dunk that sealed the game.

Quote Originally Posted by nmduke2001 View Post

I agree with that theory. I ruled out the daily decision about whether or not to check my Facebook account, because I never signed up for one.

He is going to wait until he runs for office before he considers changing up the wardrobe.

Quote Originally Posted by brevity View Post
    I agree with that theory. I ruled out the daily decision about whether or not to check my Facebook account, because I never signed up for one.
    Ha, me too. I can't believe how many distressed people I run into who are bent out of shape because someone unfriended them or defriended or subfriended them or said
    something unnice about them on Facebook.

Did any of the shlump reporters ask him about the worst academic/athletic scandal ever in the history of the NCAA and unc?
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

I was going to note President Obama did the same thing, then read the article and saw that mentioned. I threw away all of my dark pairs socks (which were not all the same) and bought a bunch of pairs that were exactly alike -- easier matching come laundry time, and no morning decision re: socks. A friend at Duke would never match socks -- simply grabbing two to wear (this in the day when white socks often had a stripe of color at the top).

I believe decision fatigue is certainly real -- I get it at work with emails, each requiring a decision as to what to do or how to respond.

I've read that we're happiest when we have choices -- but I guess there's fatigue if we have too many. If we all stripped out the noise of daily life and just focused on the basics -- be kind to children, love dogs, make fun of carolina -- we'd probably be better off.

I continue to make wardrobe decisions each morning. The question I always ask is, "What's on top of the clean pile?"

Cool Lucky

Proving yet again that money does indeed buy happiness. You just need to know how to spend it.

You can wear a hoodie in the bay area nearly every single day. It almost never gets colder than 45 degrees or warmer than 80, and those are unusual days. Half the people out here wear them every day.