Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    It is obviously very early, but exactly 1 person (Lar77) is above breakeven at the moment. I think the struggles of Notre Dame, Wake, and Virginia (all failed to cover and offensive team ND went under while defensive team Virginia went over) has really hit our group hard.
    I just picked up a cool 1,000 off of the Gonzaga game

But -270 balance now (all from the vig)

Violation!

Okay, I inadvertently selected Furman to win today at 300 units. Ready and willing to take my punishment.

So, sorry.

So just looked...Everyone is negative now. (other than the 2 who haven't had any bets yet)

Wow.

Jason, You should let us lose more than 5,000, or the fun could be over mighty quickly.

looking for some end of game Florida Matador defense to let East Tennesee get to under 10 in garbage time

Halftime: #1 Villanova 30, #16 Mount St. Mary's 29

I'm feeling pretty confident having Mount St. Mary's (+25.5) for 500 units.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by NYBri View Post
    Okay, I inadvertently selected Furman to win today at 300 units. Ready and willing to take my punishment.

So, sorry.
    Ha. Been there.

Now you have to try to lose 300.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    Halftime: #1 Villanova 30, #16 Mount St. Mary's 29

I'm feeling pretty confident having Mount St. Mary's (+25.5) for 500 units.
    They made you sweat it, but you probably have it now, Bob.

I inadvertently wagered on the St. Pete-Albany game and lost 440 samolians. Any way to retrieve the loss?

Where's richardjackson199?

(lol)
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBlue View Post
    I inadvertently wagered on the St. Pete-Albany game and lost 440 samolians. Any way to retrieve the loss?
    I think the rule is you suffer a penalty if you win, but you have to eat the loss if you lose. Because I don't think the admin can do anything about it. Jason can correct me if I'm wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Where's richardjackson199?

(lol)
    Richard is busy with work from what I understand. However, I am available to consult for bad picks, and I'm off to a nice and tidy 1-8 start!

Here are my picks for tomorrow if someone wants to go oppo:

Inputting the Pomeroy-based picks for the day and those numbers like 14 of the 16 underdogs (against the spread). The only favored teams that it projects to out-perform the spread are SMU and WSU, two teams more highly rated in that system than virtually anywhere else. On pretty much all of the big spreads, Pomeroy projects the games to be a few points closer than the oddsmakers. Will be interesting to see how it plays out.
    Just be you. You is enough. - K, 4/5/10, 0:13.8 to play, 60-59 Duke.

You're all jealous hypocrites. - Titus on Laettner

You see those guys? Animals. They're animals. - SIU Coach Chris Lowery, on Duke

Quote Originally Posted by NYBri View Post

So, sorry.
    If Furman wins, you will need to find some other game to wager upon in order to lose that 300 bet. Please announce in this thread which game you are wagering upon so we can track your loss. It would be best if it was another NIT or CBI game so as not to muddle the NCAA picks.

If they lose you lose the money and that is that.

The real fun happens when you win and then the team you bet to lose also wins... then you need to lose 600 units. As I am sure you can see, it could spiral out of control quite quickly!

-Jason "meaningless 3-pointer at the buzzer that does nothing to change the outcome of the Mich-Okie St game burns everyone who bet on Michigan... backdoor covers are the worst when you are on the wrong side of them!" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

If Furman wins, you will need to find some other game to wager upon in order to lose that 300 bet. Please announce in this thread which game you are wagering upon so we can track your loss. It would be best if it was another NIT or CBI game so as not to muddle the NCAA picks.

If they lose you lose the money and that is that.

The real fun happens when you win and then the team you bet to lose also wins... then you need to lose 600 units. As I am sure you can see, it could spiral out of control quite quickly!

-Jason "meaningless 3-pointer at the buzzer that does nothing to change the outcome of the Mich-Okie St game burns everyone who bet on Michigan... backdoor covers are the worst when you are on the wrong side of them!" Evans
    So sure we'd like the Leaderboard to reflect the true tallies of each bettor but why not just keep a running tally posted in some thread on the EK board and reconcile at the end? If won't matter if someone is completely out of the running. The instances have been few and I'm betting simple arithmetic is within everyone's grasp.

...why not just keep a running tally posted in some thread on the EK board and reconcile at the end?
    This sounds like a reasonable approach to me.
    Bob Green

Probably the pick I had the most confidence in was Texas Southern at +26.5 - but the way UNC is beating them, seems like it would have been a bad bet at +36.5

Hope the tar heels step off the gas soon.

So sure we'd like the Leaderboard to reflect the true tallies of each bettor but why not just keep a running tally posted in some thread on the EK board and reconcile at the end? If won't matter if someone is completely out of the running. The instances have been few and I'm betting simple arithmetic is within everyone's grasp.
    But it is so much fun to watch folks try to intentionally lose!

In other news, I am making an executive decision that you can lose up to 10,000 units, not 5000. I don't want folks going out too quickly. Poor JHMoss would be toast right now (down more than 6k) if we weres ticking to the 5k limit.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

But it is so much fun to watch folks try to intentionally lose!
    Oh, the sadistic perspective. Well then I approve.

B u m p

I'm just glad that Troy didn't beat us last night...or else we'd be talking here about whether the trojans can cover the cocks.
    April 1

Quote Originally Posted by Troublemaker View Post
    I think the rule is you suffer a penalty if you win, but you have to eat the loss if you lose. Because I don't think the admin can do anything about it. Jason can correct me if I'm wrong.

Richard is busy with work from what I understand. However, I am available to consult for bad picks, and I'm off to a nice and tidy 1-8 start!

Here are my picks for tomorrow if someone wants to go oppo:

Richard was not busy enough yesterday afternoon to re-watch the ACCT championship game with his lovely bride.

He and I will consult soon on the composition of the winning 6er for the regular season degenerates contest.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.