Official 'Where are you?!" Thread

I think I've had a combined 3 posts on this forum in the past ... who knows?! how many years I've been reading here. Its been quite a while.

I'm curious as to where is everyone located?

I've been a die-hard since 1991 (born in 1985). I grew up/lived in Elizabeth City/Greenville up until about 8 years ago. My girlfriend, at the time, and I were unexpectedly expecting a son and she wanted to have our son where she grew up ... Massachusetts. I followed ... we broke ... I'm still here for my son and I absolutely hate this place (almost as much as I hate UNCheat). I live about 25 minutes north of Boston and was wondering if there was ANYBODY on this forum around this area? Not one person in my family cares about Duke, but I refuse to miss a game which leaves me by myself during Every. Single. Game!

I NEED to find any kind of Duke fans up here. Where I live, nobody knows anything about college sports ... its all professional interest (which is obvious with Pats/Red Sox/Bruins in town).

I'm not sure if this is something that is allowed to be discussed, so Mods feel free to delete this thread if I'm stepping over any hidden wires. Maybe this could be a place where is brings other posters (and even just the casual 'readers') on this forum together. I'd love to be able to hit BeanTown and catch a game at a bar with other Duke fans. I've had no such luck in my 8 years here.

Quote Originally Posted by DukeBlue666s View Post
    I think I've had a combined 3 posts on this forum in the past ... who knows?! how many years I've been reading here. Its been quite a while.

I'm curious as to where is everyone located?

I've been a die-hard since 1991 (born in 1985). I grew up/lived in Elizabeth City/Greenville up until about 8 years ago. My girlfriend, at the time, and I were unexpectedly expecting a son and she wanted to have our son where she grew up ... Massachusetts. I followed ... we broke ... I'm still here for my son and I absolutely hate this place (almost as much as I hate UNCheat). I live about 25 minutes north of Boston and was wondering if there was ANYBODY on this forum around this area? Not one person in my family cares about Duke, but I refuse to miss a game which leaves me by myself during Every. Single. Game!

I NEED to find any kind of Duke fans up here. Where I live, nobody knows anything about college sports ... its all professional interest (which is obvious with Pats/Red Sox/Bruins in town).

I'm not sure if this is something that is allowed to be discussed, so Mods feel free to delete this thread if I'm stepping over any hidden wires. Maybe this could be a place where is brings other posters (and even just the casual 'readers') on this forum together. I'd love to be able to hit BeanTown and catch a game at a bar with other Duke fans. I've had no such luck in my 8 years here.
    Go to the top of this page and click on the "community" link. Then go to the membership list and see the 5 member names that begin with "boston". Send them personal messages to find out where they are and others they may know in Mass. I know that Bostondevil has posted on the boards quite a bit in the past, for example. You will be surprised how many DBR people are out there in your area and how friendly they will be. We are Duke! We are DBR! We are Duke!

ricks

Come on Bos people, gotta help this fella out! He's making me sad!
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

One option is to join a chatroom during the game. DBR has one and so does crazietalk.net

It drove me crazy last night when I couldn't be in the chatroom with my CTN friends during the game because my internet wasn't working.