Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wheat/"/"/" View Post
    He obviously got a little tongue tied and misspoke in a public moment.

It's fine to have some fun with it, but remember, he'll still going to wake up tomorrow a billionaire and the GOAT.
    At shooting guard? Sure. I'll agree.

I prefer to confine my GOAT arguments to positions and even then, comparisons get tricky. Without a doubt, it's ridiculous to compare a guy like Jordan to, say, Wilt Chamberlain.

Different eras, different rules, different positions, different competition, different teammates (it's a team game after all), different physical attributes, more advanced medical capabilities, better understanding of diet etc.

I didn't look for this... but I heard on the radio that a Duke civil engineering prof chimed in on this "ceiling is the roof" quote.

The ceiling is the surface in the room at the top. The roof is the covering on the building.

In a dome, if you're inside, the ceiling is the surface above you. On the other hand, if you're outside, the roof is covering the building. But since the ceiling if you're inside and the roof if you're outside are the *same* object... then... the ceiling IS the roof.

The Ickhole carolcheaterians board passed out into a stupor of dumb several days ago when this thread began. There's more education here than in their entire eye bleed universe.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

More evidence you simply can't fix stupid:

(warning-might hurt eyes)

http://d2s3dt9f4iyeup.cloudfront.net...26a314307c.jpg
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Ceiling
    roof
    goat
    idiot

I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death!
    Quote Originally Posted by gep View Post
    I didn't look for this... but I heard on the radio that a Duke civil engineering prof chimed in on this "ceiling is the roof" quote.

The ceiling is the surface in the room at the top. The roof is the covering on the building.

In a dome, if you're inside, the ceiling is the surface above you. On the other hand, if you're outside, the roof is covering the building. But since the ceiling if you're inside and the roof if you're outside are the *same* object... then... the ceiling IS the roof.
    "The door is ajar. No, the door is a door!" Eddie Murphy

Reminds me of this. Stupid, but funny.

Ceiling.
    Roof.
    Gloat.

I was soooo happy to have MJ tell us the football team signed on with brand Jordan. It was a warm and fuzzy feeling.

With today's official trademarking of the phrase "The ceiling is the roof," the NCAA has ruled that no unc graduate, fan or anyone associated with the program can ever again use the word "amphibious."

Tatum Strikes Back

Before we get too high and mighty:

"It's like night and day from that stretch when we were 1-3," Tatum said after the 93-83 win over North Carolina. "Now we're rolling, peaking at the right time. We have an opportunity to play for an ACC title. We've done a complete 360."

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...acc-tournament

Reminds me of the joke about the Aggie pilot flying toward a horrendous storm front: "We're going to pull a 360 and get outta here!"

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post

"It's like night and day from that stretch when we were 1-3," Tatum said after the 93-83 win over North Carolina. "Now we're rolling, peaking at the right time. We have an opportunity to play for an ACC title. We've done a complete 360."

Reminds me of the joke about the Aggie pilot flying toward a horrendous storm front: "We're going to pull a 360 and get outta here!"
    Yeah but, doing a 360 is part of common vernacular. Like "I could care less". It is exactly opposite the intended meaning, and commonly used.

I'll give Tatum a pass, but hopefully someone can explain it to him. Like the way some of you might remember my primer on the meaning of "learning curve"

But the ceiling is the roof? No passes given, sorry.

Thanks for playing.

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post

He may be talking about the dunks he will be doing tonight.

14. Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post

It could make sense given the context.

Duke was pre-season #1. Then it struggled. Now it's back to being a title contender. 360 degrees and I'm defending our boys no matter what.

Crying Jordan was just trying to get in touch with his ceilings.

I'm seriously never going to tire of this meme. Even Duke people will be sick of me.

Quote Originally Posted by gep View Post

Right. But is the Dean Smith Center really a dome, or just a chunky, rectangular concrete relic of the nadir of twentieth century design?

Jordan

Quote Originally Posted by El_Diablo View Post
    Mr. Crying Jordan gave a halftime speech to the crowd on Saturday. During the speech, he said something like "with this team, the ceiling is the roof."
    I'm as big a Duke fan as there is but he's Jordan. Guy can say what he wants. He's got my respect.

Quote Originally Posted by throatybeard View Post
    Right. But is the Dean Smith Center really a dome, or just a chunky, rectangular concrete relic of the nadir of twentieth century design?
    Actually, throaty, it is a monument to a false god.

Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    Actually, throaty, it is a monument to a false god.
    But he singlehandedly invented keepaway and pointing.