Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast
    About 150 feet in front of the Duke Chapel doors.

MBB: Duke 83, Cheaters 90 Post-Game Thread

Put your post-game thoughts here. Remember, no venting or bashing allowed.
    JBDuke

Andre Dawkins: “People ask me if I can still shoot, and I ask them if they can still breathe. That’s kind of the same thing.”

Wrong team won. Difference was that Berry was unconscious, UNC owned the boards and Duke ran out of steam down the stretch; missed FTs down the stretch and open 3s.

Still nearly pulled it out on their court. Solid showing that you can't be super mad about, other than the result.

If Tatum was a better finisher at the rim...

There shouldn't be any venting. We played well. a few missed FTs late and a few more rebounds needed. This was a disappointing loss but not devastating.

It took a bootsie performance from Berry for the Heels to win at home.

I like our chances if we play them again.

Oh and if Britt wants Luke's jersey so much (he had has hands on him the entire game), maybe he can just ask Luke if he could have it?
    Windy City Devil

Great game. Can't be too upset with a loss, other than that it was a loss to UNC. Props to the Heels, who made the clutch shots and free throws down the stretch. It was sort of the reverse of the game at Cameron. Grayson and his AAU teammate Berry switched roles in this game.

The line giveth, the line taketh away. On a neutral floor, we can hang with anybody.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Dammit!!! We had some chances down the stretch, but just too many near misses on shots, and those missed free throws were back breakers. We played well enough to win, but Berry had an out of body experience and he was the difference.

It was nice, however, to see Grayson trying to get the rim and get to the foul line. That's a very positive sign for our postseason hopes.

Going to stomp around angrily for the rest of the night, then . . . NEXT PLAY.

Quote Originally Posted by FerryFor50 View Post
    Wrong team won. Difference was that Berry was unconscious, UNC owned the boards and Duke ran out of steam down the stretch; missed FTs down the stretch and open 3s.

Still nearly pulled it out on their court. Solid showing that you can't be super mad about, other than the result.
    Yup. My thoughts exactly. They looked pretty good and I thought they had it. Ran out of gas.

We are playing a lot of day games coming up putting a real hurt on my watching abilities.

Go Duke!

Happy with the effort. Had our chances to win. We've had a tough end of reg season stretch and have played the losses to the end. Here's to a strong ACC tourney showing.

GO DUKE!

I feel ok about this one. I hate to lose to those cheaters, but we really hung with them and it could easily have gone our way. We played hard.

Quote Originally Posted by kshepinthehouse View Post
    If Tatum had shot 6-8 more FT...
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by CoachJ10 View Post
    It took a bootsie performance from Berry for the Heels to win at home.

I like our chances if we play them again.

Oh and if Britt wants Luke's jersey so much (he had has hands on him the entire game), maybe he can just ask Luke if he could have it?
    Yeah and I thought that hand checking was supposed to be called. Luke had a great game despite their very tight defense.

Nothing but pride here. Stayed close to the end. Lost the game on the line at the end. Amile was money / playing with the foul trouble in the second half.

We could beat anybody on any given night - but will have little margin for error at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by FerryFor50 View Post
    Difference was that Berry was unconscious, UNC owned the boards and Duke ran out of steam down the stretch; missed FTs down the stretch and open 3s.
    True

Quote Originally Posted by kshepinthehouse View Post
    He did have some chances to score, I didn't sense his usual confidence, there were times when he had chances to drive and didn't...but he still played pretty well.

Quote Originally Posted by 91devil View Post
    There shouldn't be any venting. We played well. a few missed FTs late and a few more rebounds needed. This was a disappointing loss but not devastating.
    Agree, tough loss. The Heels played well, I thought their defense was solid and aggressive, which is why we were able to draw a lot of fouls, but they got the stops they needed.

It was a really good game, sucks to lose it.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    If Tatum had shot 6-8 more FT...
    He missed a bunny that hurt in the last few minutes.

The other very important, encouraging thing is that Amile, for the second-consecutive game, looked very good. Almost at his pre-injury level.

I don't know if he can maintain this, but if he can, that raises Duke's ceiling.

It's hard for me to be too upset about the result. We had our chances. We needed to make one or two more open threes. Jayson also missed a few layups. Some of them were closely contested but they were still make-able. Joel Berry was on fire in the first half and then made a great play down the stretch to seal it. Overall, it was a well-played game by both teams with Duke coming up just a bit short.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Dat View Post
    True

He did have some chances to score, I didn't sense his usual confidence, there were times when he had chances to drive and didn't...but he still played pretty well.

Agree, tough loss. The Heels played well, I thought their defense was solid and aggressive, which is why we were able to draw a lot of fouls, but they got the stops they needed.

It was a really good game, sucks to lose it.
    I felt like the UNC defensive strategy was akin to WVU; foul every play and make them call it, since they had more depth. Worked, despite Duke getting to the line 30+ times AT UNC.

Tatum was fine tonight; just a bit off. A normal game from him, Duke likely wins.

Quote Originally Posted by Troublemaker View Post
    The other very important, encouraging thing is that Amile, for the second-consecutive game, looked very good. Almost at his pre-injury level.

I don't know if he can maintain this, but if he can, that raises Duke's ceiling.
    The ceiling is the roof, right?