Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trivia Time

Trivia Time

I'll start it off with 3:

1. During the Krzyzewski Era name the 8 players who started every game they played at Duke. (Hint: Four were one-and-dones, 3 played all 4 years and 1 was in-between.)

2. Name the 3 players (all were during the Krzyzewski Era) whose career FT percentage was less than .500 (min. 20 attempts).
    [Note: one barely meets the minimum criterion but the other two had over 100 FTA]

3. What was the only season in the Krzyzewski Era when 3 players all averaged over 35 min per game? And who were the 3 players?

Quote Originally Posted by GoB View Post
    3. What was the only season in the Krzyzewski Era when 3 players all averaged over 35 min per game? And who were the 3 players?
    2009-2010 (Scheyer, Singler, Smith)

1. During the Krzyzewski Era name the 8 players who started every game they played at Duke. (Hint: Four were one-and-dones, 3 played all 4 years and 1 was in-between.)

Tyus, Jabari, Rivers, Okafor; Singler, Dawkins, Laettner, Dahntay Jones, Amaker

2. Name the 3 players (all were during the Krzyzewski Era) whose career FT percentage was less than .500 (min. 20 attempts).
    [Note: one barely meets the minimum criterion but the other two had over 100 FTA]

Matt Christensen, Reggie Love

Singler, Scheyer, Smith
    Whatever the hell "it" is, Jabari found it.

-Roy "Ole Huck" Williams

Alarie
    Dawkins
    Amaker
    Jason Williams
    Parker
    Tyus Jones
    Winslow
    Okafor

Quote Originally Posted by El_Diablo View Post
    Alarie
    Dawkins
    Amaker
    Jason Williams
    Parker
    Tyus Jones
    Winslow
    Okafor
    I think you're wrong about Jah. As I recall he got hurt (against NC?) and missed the next game.

Quote Originally Posted by vfefrenzy View Post
    I think you're wrong about Jah. As I recall he got hurt (against NC?) and missed the next game.
    Yeah, but he still started every game he played.

Yeah, but he still started every game he played.
    You are correct. I misread it as started every game during their career.

King
    Burgess
    Giles

2. Gotta be a Plumlee in there, right? Career free throws?
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    2. Gotta be a Plumlee in there, right? Career free throws?
    Or are you thinking the best 3-point shooters?
    “Those two kids, they’re champions,” Krzyzewski said of his senior leaders. “They’re trying to teach the other kids how to become that, and it’s a long road to become that.”

Impressive - El Diablo nailed all 3!

King
    Burgess
    Giles
    Can you grant an asterisk to Casey Sanders, perhaps the only Duke player whose FT percentage declined every year, from 64% as a freshman to 47% as a senior, with career FT average of 51.8%?

Quote Originally Posted by Spanarkel View Post
    Can you grant an asterisk to Casey Sanders, perhaps the only Duke player whose FT percentage declined every year, from 64% as a freshman to 47% as a senior, with career FT average of 51.8%?
    You go doing that and you have to bring in Mike Tissaw.

Did Winslow really start every game he played in? He never sat for Matt, even when he was hurt? I'm not sure I believe that.
    Whatever the hell "it" is, Jabari found it.

-Roy "Ole Huck" Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Dukehky View Post
    Did Winslow really start every game he played in? He never sat for Matt, even when he was hurt? I'm not sure I believe that.
    Tyus, Quinn, and Justise started all 39 games. Jah started 38 -- all he played in.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Anyone want to submit one?

Ok, the idea was for others to add trivia of their own - maybe El Diablo has intimidated everyone with his prowess? There's a big game this weekend that might inspire a lookback into history...

Anyways, I'll post one more:

4. Which Duke player hit the first ever three-pointer in the ACC?

I will give it a try
    Tom Emma

Quote Originally Posted by royalblue View Post
    I will give it a try
    Tom Emma
    I would go with that also. There's only two other candidates: http://goduke.statsgeek.com/basketba...ameid=19821208

Ok, the idea was for others to add trivia of their own - maybe El Diablo has intimidated everyone with his prowess? There's a big game this weekend that might inspire a lookback into history...

Anyways, I'll post one more:

4. Which Duke player hit the first ever three-pointer in the ACC?
    Everyone knows Rich Yonakor made the airball shot that inspired the chant. Who shot the second Tarheel airball in the 7-0 first half?

Also, how short was Yonakor's shot in feet?

The air ball game was ridiculous. I had not yet decided to go to Duke but was watching Big Five BBall in Philly. The local station decided to show the Duke UNC game so I turned it on and saw 7-0 with 19 or so minutes left in the half. I thought Duke got off to an amazing start until I realized it was 19 mins or so left in the 2nd half and I was flabbergasted.

It might be boring but I really wish there was a tape of that game so I could see the 1st half.