View Poll Results: Who was Man of the Match in Duke's win over Florida State tonight?

Voters
146. You may not vote on this poll
  • Amile Jefferson

52 35.62%
  • Jayson Tatum

3 2.05%
  • Matt Jones

2 1.37%
  • Luke Kennard

4 2.74%
  • Frank Jackson

83 56.85%
  • Grayson Allen

0 0%
  • Harry Giles

0 0%
  • Marques Bolden

0 0%
  • Nick Pagliuca

2 1.37%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    About 150 feet in front of the Duke Chapel doors.

MOTM: Duke vs. Florida State (Feb 28, 2017)

Who was Man of the Match in Duke's win over Florida State tonight?
    JBDuke

Andre Dawkins: “People ask me if I can still shoot, and I ask them if they can still breathe. That’s kind of the same thing.”

Quote Originally Posted by JBDuke View Post
    Who was Man of the Match in Duke's win over Florida State tonight?
    Frank Jackson was a force and played mainly smart ball. Jayson, Luke, Amile and Matt also played well.

Frank stepped up big time but Amile controlled so many aspects of this game. Senior night indeed.
    Duke '03
    Tent 1 '99/'00

Frank was huge, Tatum was very important, Luke key... tonight was Amile's night. 6-6 14pts, 11 rbs.
    Jones second... almost a tie... we will miss those two so very much

I really loved what Frank contributed - and I certainly look forward to seeing more of it next year, but I had to go with Jayson for his defensive and offensive contributions for the entire game.

Considered voting for Amile but those missed FTs were key. Frank was so dynamic and pushed us out to that big lead early in the 2nd half that I think crushed their spirits enough. Tough choice, no bad choices. Go Duke!

Amile!

20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor
    Man this was hard!! I was sure I was going to vote for Frank and then went back and forth several times clicking on Amile then Frank an on an on... In the end despite feeling Frank was the key tonight, my 5th Senior hung a Double Double on the biggest team in the Country and best defensive team in the ACC on a bum foot. Guess I went with my heart!

Amile by a fingertip over the Rook Frank...

I was going to vote for Frank, until Nick said Go TnHell carolina in his senior post game speech, so he got my vote tonight!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    I was going to vote for Frank, until Nick said Go TnHell carolina in his senior post game speech, so he got my vote tonight!
    This happened?

Epic. If confirmed, I'll vote for him.

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    This happened?

Epic. If confirmed, I'll vote for him.
    Yep, closed the senior speeches with a big GTHC! I'm still voting for Amile though. His defense in the paint was manly.

Quote Originally Posted by pamtar View Post
    Yep, closed the senior speeches with a big GTHC! I'm still voting for Amile though. His defense in the paint was manly.
    Sporks to whoever finds a video of this first

Frank had an outstanding game but I have to go with Amile. 14 pts on 6-6 shooting. 11 boards. 4 blocks. Was never in any foul trouble against all the FSU bigs. He was the steadying force.
    "Just be you. You is Enough."

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    Sporks to whoever finds a video of this first
    Here ya go! Pagliuca's GTHC!

http://www.goduke.com/mediaPortal/pl...DB_OEM_ID=4200

Quote Originally Posted by duke4ever19 View Post
    Love it! Particularly enjoyed seeing Matt, Grayson, Sean, Antonio, and Justin smiling and laughing after Nick said it. He seems like a cool guy. These guys (Duke Basketball) always make me proud.

Frank Jackson

Was Dicky V going a little overboard as respects Frank Jackson last night ?

He was projecting him as a potential super star . I will leave that assessment to those on this Board who watch much more Duke Basketball then I do and who have much more knowledge of the game than I have.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlestonDave View Post

He was projecting him as a potential super star . I will leave that assessment to those on this Board who watch much more Duke Basketball then I do and who have much more knowledge of the game than I have.
    If he doesn't have to sacrifice his offensive game by primarily playing PG then, yes, I think he's going to be a huge player next year on the conference and national scene, maybe even as much of a breakout as Grayson last year and Luke this year. He may be our only current rotation player to return next year.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlestonDave View Post

He annoyed me when he kept saying that he was a star NOW, like he was implying he had never shown up before this game. Jackson has had a few games now where he has shown the player that he is becoming. He was great last night, and he has been great before.
    That being said, and as amazing as FJ was, I went with Tatum as my MOTM. For me, he had the stronger game across both halves, and was just one board shy of a double-double.
    I like games where any number of players could have easily have gotten my vote. GTHC!

Edit...even K made note of his being a star before last night.
    In fact, Krzyzewski was sure to point out the rookie's impact at Miami, when Jackson scored 16 points, even taking the team's second-to-last shot, letting go of a three-pointer with just 20 seconds to play.
    "Frank was sensational," Krzyzewski said. "Frank has had a really good year, but down at Miami, he almost won the game for us."
    http://www.wralsportsfan.com/duke-sl...-win/16558216/
    Last edited by CameronBornAndBred; 03-01-2017 at 08:31 AM.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Dat View Post
    If he doesn't have to sacrifice his offensive game by primarily playing PG then, yes, I think he's going to be a huge player next year on the conference and national scene, maybe even as much of a breakout as Grayson last year and Luke this year. He may be our only current rotation player to return next year.
    I was thinking this same thing after the game last night. I hope we land Duval who from what I've read will probably start at PG for whatever school he picks. I like the idea of having two really quick guards in our back court. But for now, let's send the Tar Heel cheats to the place they need to be in. GoDuke!

I voted for Jackson

But I wish I voted for Matt Jones. No real reason other than Bacon/Senior Night. I also just realized that Matt Jones is my favorite player on this team.
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club