Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

MBB: Miami 55, Duke 50 Post Game Thread

Put your post game thoughts here. Keep it civil, please.

Coach can't figure Miami out. What a hot mess of an offense...rediculous. No designed inbounds play. Once again several complete mental lapses on d. Staff has gotten lazy relying on talent only on offense.

A couple of shots don't rim out and we win...
    Kyle gets BUCKETS!
    https://youtu.be/NJWPASQZqLc

The defense actually looked pretty good today, for the most part. The offense? Not so much.
    No Grayson, Luke cold, Tatum cold. Where were our points supposed to come from?

1) one of the better defensive performances of the year...will be looked over due to the massive lack of offense
    2) shows how important grayson is in getting other people good looks, even when he's not hitting himself.
    3) jesus...hero ball makes me sick. seems like tatum's hot streak from 3 went to his head...matt should know better, jackson and kennard with some poor decisions as well
    1200. DDMF.

Quote Originally Posted by devil84 View Post
    Put your post game thoughts here. Keep it civil, please.
    A game played hard and a defensive struggle. Our two big scorers were closely guarded and had inefficient nights while Jackson scored pretty well. Giles and Bolden certainly worked hard out there and were blocking shots and rebounding but not scoring. Our lack of a ball handling point guard continues to haunt us as we made a few tough turnovers, some of which were avoidable and caused by overaggressive runs into the teeth of the defense. We have had other players do similar things in the past.

More after dinner.

We didn't shoot to the mean...

A. JeffersonF -- 2-3 0-0 0-2 0 5 5 0 0 0 3 3 4
    J. TatumF -- 4-16 0-7 0-0 2 5 7 2 1 1 0 0 8
    H. GilesF -- 1-4 0-0 0-2 5 3 8 0 1 0 1 1 2
    M. JonesG -- 2-9 0-3 0-0 3 0 3 3 1 0 2 2 4
    L. KennardG -- 6-20 2-6 2-3 1 5 6 1 2 1 3 1 16
    BENCH MIN FG 3PT FT OREB DREB REB AST STL BLK TO PF PTS
    M. BoldenC -- 0-3 0-0 0-0 2 2 4 0 0 3 0 2 0
    F. JacksonG -- 6-11 3-5 1-2 1 5 6 3 1 0 3 2 16
    TEAM 21-66 5-21 3-9 20
    Kyle gets BUCKETS!
    https://youtu.be/NJWPASQZqLc

Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    The defense actually looked pretty good today, for the most part. The offense? Not so much.
    Maybe make a layup or a free throw?

This game was an investment for the future. We got the young bigs plenty of minutes. We rested an injured Grayson (and I wouldn't mind if he sat again on Tuesday). We determined once and for all that Tatum belongs at the 4. And we showed improvement on defense, which was good for the most part.

I'm more hopeful for the future than after the win against WFU or the loss at Syracuse, and I hope Coach continues to give Bolden and Giles minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Furniture View Post
    A couple of shots don't rim out and we win...
    Great point. We had soooo many roll around the rim. Sometimes they just don't go down.

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but how about the other McDonald's all Americans that were playing

This team makes too many unforced errors this in the season. Every 3-pointer seemed like it was a step beyond where it should have been taken from. Passing wasn't good. Taking good shots?No.

This team's decision-making, even more than the injuries, is why it is underperforming it's talent.

Well, the offense looks totally out of sync. Too many turnovers by normally dependable players. And Luke shot poorly as well, totally unlike him. We are better than this. We will get better, If I know K.

it would be nice if one of our 5 star big men could produce anything. that's the biggest disappointment for me this year, above even the defense...don't know if it's the coaching, the injuries, the players...but would have expected a tad more.

that said, the defense looked alright, and clearly they've made progress. I don't think miami exploited every breakdown, though.
    1200. DDMF.

Unless there is a massive turnaround in team basketball, March sadness instead of March madness.

Point Guard

[QUOTE=Saratoga2;954933]A game played hard and a defensive struggle. Our two big scorers were closely guarded and had inefficient nights while Jackson scored pretty well. Giles and Bolden certainly worked hard out there and were blocking shots and rebounding but not scoring. Our lack of a ball handling point guard continues to haunt us as we made a few tough turnovers, some of which were avoidable and caused by overaggressive runs into the teeth of the defense. We have had other players do similar things in the past.

More after dinner.

Yep. We don't have a point guard. Achilles heel.

Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    it would be nice if one of our 5 star big men could produce anything. that's the biggest disappointment for me this year, above even the defense...don't know if it's the coaching, the injuries, the players...but would have expected a tad more.

that said, the defense looked alright, and clearly they've made progress. I don't think miami exploited every breakdown, though.
    Agreed. We just get very few easy baskets. If our bigs played better we could get around 20 points in the paint from them. It's tough when they hardly score down low with a big.

I thought Miami smothered our guards. Their interior defense was pretty good as well.

Hero ball in the last 3 minutes of the game killed the team.

Definitely cost the Cuse and State games. Any form of O in the last 3 minutes might have led to a different outcome. Am I missing any?
    Last edited by gocanes0506; 02-25-2017 at 06:24 PM.

Why did Amile only play 21 minutes?