Official "Would an All Kentucky NBA team beat Golden State" thread

Figured this would be a great place to talk about Quinn Cook's contract situation, since the other thread has devolved into a series of "what ifs" regarding an NBA team made up of all UK players.

(Mods, in case you couldn't tell, this is a passive aggressive way to request the unrelated posts in the other thread be moved here)

Thanks Ferry!

Quote Originally Posted by JNort View Post
    Yes obviously it will forever and until the end of time be near impossible to come to an agreement the true best players in the NBA. Those links you provided are even more evidence of that (One has Jokic ranked in the 70s and another has him top 25). Not to mention if you look through the rankings from Washington Post are a joke (I've seen them before). Bleacher Report has been a laughing stock for years, ESPN likes guys who are flashy and don't get me started on SB and their ranking (LeBron isn't 1st, Wiggins is top 10 and Kyrie whom I absolutely love is 6th)
    I guess you're trying to say that I'm cherry picking my sources? All I did was Google "Top 10 NBA players 2017," and posted every recent list I found. You're welcome to post more if you want, but I doubt you'll find a credible one that says John Wall is a top 10 player.

Quote Originally Posted by kAzE View Post
    Thanks Ferry!

I guess you're trying to say that I'm cherry picking my sources? All I did was Google "Top 10 NBA players 2017," and posted every recent list I found. You're welcome to post more if you want, but I doubt you'll find a credible one that says John Wall is a top 10 player.
    I don't believe I said nor insinuated that at all. I said those links just prove we will never have a full on agreement considering those ranking have the same players ranked 50 spots higher or lower depending on what each person ranking values.
    "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge" -Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by JNort View Post
    I don't believe I said nor insinuated that at all. I said those links just prove we will never have a full on agreement considering those ranking have the same players ranked 50 spots higher or lower depending on what each person ranking values.
    I believe the ranking of Jokic had more to do with the date of the lists. Some were early in the season and some were more recent. Jokic broke out this season.

Quote Originally Posted by kAzE View Post
    I believe the ranking of Jokic had more to do with the date of the lists. Some were early in the season and some were more recent. Jokic broke out this season.
    It's not just Jokic, but regardless of the time they made the list Jokic just had a rookie season with a per of almost 22 and just behind KAT. Ranked in thr 70s after a season like that seems crazy to me.
    Also why was Wiggins ranked 8th at any point in his young career? Hes fine but not the 8th best player in the league nor anywhere close to it.
    "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge" -Stephen Hawking

wait, was this thread hijacked before a single post about the topic in the title?

I think who coaches the all UK team and how long they have together would have a significant impact on whether they could beat GS in a 7 game series.

If the UK team tried to play GS all-star style with Cal as a 'role out the ball' coach* they would get obliterated.

Give Pop two full years with that roster and I think he could do it - he has 5 titles running with 2 bigs so if anyone can run a 3 player AD/Cousins/KAT rotation at the 4/5 and win it would be him.

*I probably shouldn't pick on Cal here as I don't think any coach could win all-star style against GS...

Quote Originally Posted by niveklaen View Post
    wait, was this thread hijacked before a single post about the topic in the title?
    No, you can find the rest of the discussion here: http://forums.dukebasketballreport.c...ct-VIgil/page2