Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MBB Team Poster

MBB Team Poster

Im going to the Blue White game, will the poster be printed by then? How is the game I never have been to the event?

Quote Originally Posted by duke211 View Post
    Im going to the Blue White game, will the poster be printed by then? How is the game I never have been to the event?
    They usually display them at the game, and I assume they are for sale.

The game is fun, although the introductions are usually the best part. The team scrimmage is interesting, but usually sublime, because you end up cheering for both teams.
    "There can BE only one."

men's basketball poster

07-08 Men's basketball poster.

Looks pretty cool - is there a larger photo of this available somewhere on the web?

Not to rain on the parade, but this would not rank as one of my favorite posters. I guess I just prefer the players in my basketball posters to be wearing their uniforms.

Quote Originally Posted by FreezingDevil View Post
    Not to rain on the parade, but this would not rank as one of my favorite posters. I guess I just prefer the players in my basketball posters to be wearing their uniforms.
    To each his own, obviously, but I'm the opposite. This is one of my favorites, though the ones from the mid 90s where they were doing ridiculous things like wearing suits and talking on cell phones were on a whole other level.

My favorite, still, of all time, is the Championship Vision from my freshman year. I'd love to find a copy of that one some where.

This year's is OK in my book. It's definitely better than "Duke Rocks" from a few years ago. My favorite is "The Big Dance" (the team on the court in tuxedos) from the 2000-2001 championship year, my freshman year. I've got that one signed and framed at home.

haha, juise...my favorite is the Big Dance one as well...what is it about nice-looking boys in tuxes?

The 1985-86 poster had a chemistry theme. It was shot in one of the lecture halls in Gross Chem and the players were dressed in lab coats surrounded by all sorts of chemistry apparati. And of course it was the '86 team.

The Big Dance and Band of Brothers (05-06) are my two favorites.

My favorite has got to be one from the late 80s... "Team Chemistry" The photo was actually taken in my favorite place on campus: the lecture hall in Gross Chem!!

Whats the best way to get a hold of some of those classic posters? now those were old school

"The Big Dance" is hands down my most favorite Duke team poster. When that poster came out, you just knew it was going to be Shane's year.

The Big Dance is also my favorite poster. I have one hanging in my garage. My second favorite is probably the 97-98 Blue Planet poster.
    Tom Mac

The poster is OK but I LOVE those jackets. I have my grandmother's varsity letter that she received when she was a cheerleader ('49) and it looks exactly like the big D on the jackets. Anybody know if/how to get one??? Haven't been to the Duke store in a while...

I like it. "Old School". That sums up Duke Nation's hopes for this team perfect, that it will play like a vintage, old-school Duke team.

My favorite team poster would have to be the 90-91 "Young Guns" poster (themed after the Young Gun movie). Then after they won their 1st National Championship later that year, they released an updated version called "Young Champs" with "Guns" slashed out. Pretty cool poster with Grant, Hurley, and Laettner!

The one from 1985-6, taken in Gross Chem, was titled "Formula for Success" and the schedule was laid out in the form of the periodic table of the elements, with opponents known by two-letter combos like Wf for Wake Forest. My sentimental favorite and of the ones I know (the 4 from my year and a smattering of others), easily the cleverest of all. just my biased opinion.

Poster

I liked the one, "Lights, Cameron, Action". I think it was Duhon's senior year? My favorite part about that poster is the fact that Nick Horvath looks like a defensive lineman in the poster.

Quote Originally Posted by FreezingDevil View Post
    Whats the best way to get a hold of some of those classic posters? now those were old school
    I dunno. However, it would be a fun project to try and put together an online directory of previous year's team posters. I know I have quite a few old ones in a tube somewhere I could photograph, but have neither the time or energy to organize them.

Anyone care to take up the torch?
    "There can BE only one."