Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    A trailer has dropped!!!

What a great trailer... My daughter is going to go apes9ft over this movie! I wonder if the Marvel brand + Avengers cliffhanger will result in this beating Wonder Woman's box office numbers?

Quote Originally Posted by thedukelamere View Post
    What a great trailer... My daughter is going to go apes9ft over this movie! I wonder if the Marvel brand + Avengers cliffhanger will result in this beating Wonder Woman's box office numbers?
    I think that's a given. WW's opening weekend was only $100 million. Knowing only what I know from this trailer and WW, it looks like the story is going to be far more interesting than scantily clad warrior women who happen to have one child,who grows up to kill her half brother. Not to mention, it doesn't look half as dark (cinematographically or emotionally) as WWII Europe was in WW.

I also really want to find out why she slugs the old lady

Quote Originally Posted by PackMan97 View Post
    I think that's a given. WW's opening weekend was only $100 million. Knowing only what I know from this trailer and WW, it looks like the story is going to be far more interesting than scantily clad warrior women who happen to have one child,who grows up to kill her half brother. Not to mention, it doesn't look half as dark (cinematographically or emotionally) as WWII Europe was in WW.

I bet she was wearing a 2017 National Champions shirt and was talking about how Roy and Dean did nothing wrong.

You must be unaware of who the Skrulls are.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

About 150 feet in front of the Duke Chapel doors.
    I bet she was wearing a 2017 National Champions shirt and was talking about how Roy and Dean did nothing wrong.
    I liked the trailer as well, but this post is Post of the Week.
    JBDuke

Andre Dawkins: “People ask me if I can still shoot, and I ask them if they can still breathe. That’s kind of the same thing.”

You must be unaware of who the Skrulls are.
    Little old ladies knitting on public transit? Sounds like quite the galactic threat.

Seems like Captain Marvel is the answer to the universe’s Thanos problem.

So what happened to poor little newsboy Billy Batson?

He was the original Captain Marvel, for those too young to know.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim3k View Post
    So what happened to poor little newsboy Billy Batson?

He was the original Captain Marvel, for those too young to know.
    Billie?

-jk

The first origin story as found at Wiki.

I began reading these shortly after learning to read in 1945. The purity of those tales was destroyed by the Superman lawsuit of the early 50s. I had no trouble determining that the Superman world and Captain Marvel world could live side-by-side. Heck, it was just comics by different publishers. Anyway, by age 10 it had all begun to crumble and I lost track. Too many characters and spinoffs--which happened in both worlds.

Now the worlds have collided (OK, corporately merged) and I have no idea who is who any more.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim3k View Post
    The first origin story as found at Wiki.

I began reading these shortly after learning to read in 1945. The purity of those tales was destroyed by the Superman lawsuit of the early 50s. I had no trouble determining that the Superman world and Captain Marvel world could live side-by-side. Heck, it was just comics by different publishers. Anyway, by age 10 it had all begun to crumble and I lost track. Too many characters and spinoffs--which happened in both worlds.

Now the worlds have collided (OK, corporately merged) and I have no idea who is who any more.
    You have the Fawcett/DC captain marvel which has been rebranded as Shazam and the marvel version which is this captain marvel from the trailer. At least, that’s how I have understood it over the years.

The Shazam trailer actually looks great to me as well and stars your man Billy.

I'm all for any and all Marvel productions shooting lights out!

Marvel would love to film in Hollywood but keeps filming in Atlanta instead

This one wasn't filmed in Georgia, but GA has become the #1 location for feature films. I sure Jason can expound upon this.

Avengers: Endgame

We have a title... and a trailer!

-Jason "spoiler alert-- I plan to vote for this movie in the top 5 of summer " Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    -Jason "spoiler alert-- I plan to vote for this movie in the top 5 of summer " Evans
    But it comes out in April. As far as I know, we've never done an April movie for Summer, and shouldn't. I like that, it means that one sure fire lock won't be an option.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Looks like hints of the predicted time travel plotline with Ant-man, but props to the trailer for not showing too much footage or giving away the story yet.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    But it comes out in April. As far as I know, we've never done an April movie for Summer, and shouldn't. I like that, it means that one sure fire lock won't be an option.
    Hmmmm. I need to think on this. I sorta like an excuse to leave this out of the contest as it makes it tougher to pick the top 5. Then again, it is so difficult to pick the top 5 maybe making it easier is the way to go. Ha!

After feeling like Marvel has hit it out of the park for trailers for quite some time...I'm feeling a bit "meh" about Captain Marvel and the Avengers: Endgame trailers.

I do love the name.

After feeling like Marvel has hit it out of the park for trailers for quite some time...I'm feeling a bit "meh" about Captain Marvel and the Avengers: Endgame trailers.

I do love the name.
    That is because they wanted to reveal nothing about the film. That trailer consisted of Iron Man floating in space; Cap and Widow being sad; Hawkeye going dark and becoming Ronin; and then some comic relief of Ant Man trying to get into the Avenger's offices.

I bet every single second of footage we saw was from the first 30 minutes of the movie (and I bet the movie is at least 2 1/2 hours long). We may get a more exciting trailer as we get closer to the release, but they could show 30 seconds of black and then just the title card/poster and the film would still do $200+ mil in its opening weekend.

they could show 30 seconds of black and then just the title card/poster and the film would still do $200+ mil in its opening weekend.
    I'll take that bet. If they release a trailer with nothing but black and the title and it makes $200 million + I'll send you a pie. If they don't release the all-black trailer you send me a pie.

Spiderman: Far From Home

We have a trailer...

I noted a couple things...

First of all, Mysterio is (at some point) a good guy battling the water elemental.

Also, I noticed that Peter's passport does not contain any dates in it, raising the possibility that this does not take place after the events of Infinity War.