Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PackMan97 View Post
    He's got a pretty decent beard. When T'Challa says, "Get that man a shield", that's Cap.
    Yep. Apparently at some point in his comic book story arc, Cap becomes disenchanted with 'Murica, and becomes Nomad - loss of the star spangled suit and growth of the beard included. Looks like Cap and The Winter Soldier are buddied up with T'Challa which, frankly, is awesome.

I also enjoy the very end of the trailer, Thor's meeting the Guardians. I have a feeling Thor's initial reaction would be kind of like the guy in the first Guardians movie..."What a bunch of A holes"

Quote Originally Posted by davekay1971 View Post
    Yep. Apparently at some point in his comic book story arc, Cap becomes disenchanted with 'Murica,
    Hasn't that already happened? With the Sokovia accords and having to get government permission before super heroing? He fled with T'Challa and Bucky to Wakanda...which is no surprise we find all three there in the Infinity War trailer.

Quote Originally Posted by PackMan97 View Post
    Hasn't that already happened? With the Sokovia accords and having to get government permission before super heroing? He fled with T'Challa and Bucky to Wakanda...which is no surprise we find all three there in the Infinity War trailer.
    Agreed. I think Civil War was the MCU movie shift into Cap ultimately leaving the Cap role and becoming Nomad. I was referencing the comic book story arc, which I didn't personally follow. So I'm not sure the details of how that happened but it appears the movies are, at least, approximating the comic book arc for him.

Quote Originally Posted by davekay1971 View Post
    Agreed. I think Civil War was the MCU movie shift into Cap ultimately leaving the Cap role and becoming Nomad. I was referencing the comic book story arc, which I didn't personally follow. So I'm not sure the details of how that happened but it appears the movies are, at least, approximating the comic book arc for him.
    Cap's quit several times in the comics. The first and probably most famous was in the 70s when he became disillusioned with corruption in the US Govt (this was around the time of the Nixon administration), and that was when he became Nomad. In the comics Cap dies after the Civil War, with Bucky taking over the role.

It's not really playing out the same way in the movies but there are enough similarities that the inspiration is relatively clear.

There is a lot of talk about folks actually dying in the upcoming film. We've had a whole bunch of Marvel movies with high stakes, but never one that really took a life (unless you could Quicksilver in Age of Ultron, which was a pretty hollow sacrifice and not a character that we knew all that well). The MCU is overdue for someone to actually perish.

So, any bets on who is going to die? It sure looks like Vision is in trouble in the trailer. I would not be shocked to see Black Widow or possibly even Hawkeye get killed as their "powers" are pretty tame compared to the rest of the team. Plus, I feel like Black Widow's story arc has really been played out.

Sure, they could kill Iron Patriot or Bucky, but that would not have real resonance with the audience. The big question is will the Marvel folks be really daring? Could they off someone like Cap, Hulk, Thor or even Iron Man? Those 4 are the originals, the first 4 solo films... but it feels like it could be time for at least one of them to exit the scene. The MCU is getting sorta crowded, it may be time to thin the herd.

-Jason "I could certainly see Cap dying and Bucky taking up the mantel, like in the comics" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    There is a lot of talk about folks actually dying in the upcoming film. We've had a whole bunch of Marvel movies with high stakes, but never one that really took a life (unless you could Quicksilver in Age of Ultron, which was a pretty hollow sacrifice and not a character that we knew all that well). The MCU is overdue for someone to actually perish.

So, any bets on who is going to die? It sure looks like Vision is in trouble in the trailer. I would not be shocked to see Black Widow or possibly even Hawkeye get killed as their "powers" are pretty tame compared to the rest of the team. Plus, I feel like Black Widow's story arc has really been played out.

Sure, they could kill Iron Patriot or Bucky, but that would not have real resonance with the audience. The big question is will the Marvel folks be really daring? Could they off someone like Cap, Hulk, Thor or even Iron Man? Those 4 are the originals, the first 4 solo films... but it feels like it could be time for at least one of them to exit the scene. The MCU is getting sorta crowded, it may be time to thin the herd.

-Jason "I could certainly see Cap dying and Bucky taking up the mantel, like in the comics" Evans
    My money is on Iron Man. Downey Jr has been at this for 10 years and his filmography is showing how much it takes to be Marvel's leading man. I feel like they are setting up T'Challa and Wakanda to bascially replace Iron Man and Stark Industries.

I also wouldn't be surprised to see Cap bite it in the second movie, but not this one.

I think Vision survives.

I don't see Black Widow, Falcon or Hawkeye getting killed yet...but I do see them getting sidelined perhaps early on. They just don't have the "durability" for this fight.

Cap, Iron Man, Hawkeye and Vision...maybe we should have an over/under number.

Vision probably has to "die" in some sense because of his infinity stone, but because of his weirdness can probably stick around virtually somehow.

I'd guess at least one of Captain America or Iron Man will die because their powers are most transferable to other people (also, are the salaries for Downey something they want to sustain?). Sad to say, but that matters in these types of movies that need to sell toys or whatever. Bucky or Falcon can take up the shield, and some new character can learn how to use the armor. I think eventually, Spider-man, Captain Marvel, Black Panther, and some form of Captain America will be built up as the main Avengers characters for the 2020s decade.

How cool would it have been if the first real death of the series was not by a real bad guy but in the fight against each other in Civil War? War Machine looks like he's flying around in the trailer so it doesn't even seem his fall was a big deal. Lame...

... So, any bets on who is going to die? It sure looks like Vision is in trouble in the trailer. I would not be shocked to see Black Widow or possibly even Hawkeye get killed as their "powers" are pretty tame compared to the rest of the team. Plus, I feel like Black Widow's story arc has really been played out.

Which star is looking to leave?

I had heard RDJr wasn't stoked to keep returning ...

I've also heard Chris Evans was looking for an out ...

They would be my guesses

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post

They would be my guesses
    Those semi-trucks full of money can keep someone who isn't "too stoked" on board for a long time.

I think at least 5 avengers will die and I hope more. Thanos is a badass and marvel needs to show how strong he really is. How great would it be if the last scene is a huge battle and thanos rips through 5 avengers like toilet paper and then just grabs an infinity stone they are protecting. Would be awesome. Marvel has had some pretty weak villains (excluding Hela) so I really think we are due for a truly strong villain.

They would be my guesses
    Robert Downey Jr is going to be 55 years old when the 4th Avengers movie comes out in 2019.

Quote Originally Posted by TexHawk View Post
    Robert Downey Jr is going to be 55 years old when the 4th Avengers movie comes out in 2019.
    Tread lightly, VERY lightly.

He'll perform just fine, he just might need more time between efforts ...

Quote Originally Posted by LasVegas View Post
    I think at least 5 avengers will die and I hope more. Thanos is a badass and marvel needs to show how strong he really is. How great would it be if the last scene is a huge battle and thanos rips through 5 avengers like toilet paper and then just grabs an infinity stone they are protecting. Would be awesome. Marvel has had some pretty weak villains (excluding Hela) so I really think we are due for a truly strong villain.
    That would be where that Quill guy steps in and shows his real power.

-jk

Anybody think they'll kill off Tony because he's a liability in this new Me Too world? I mean, he basically spent a good chunk of his first two movies having one night stands and harrassing Miss Potts. Is he a dinosaur of a bygone era who has no place in this new world? Is his continued presence going to cause any backlash or controversy for disney or marvel? Will he be a casualty of Me Too as well? I'm very curious about that.

Quote Originally Posted by bjornolf View Post
    Anybody think they'll kill off Tony because he's a liability in this new Me Too world? I mean, he basically spent a good chunk of his first two movies having one night stands and harrassing Miss Potts. Is he a dinosaur of a bygone era who has no place in this new world? Is his continued presence going to cause any backlash or controversy for disney or marvel? Will he be a casualty of Me Too as well? I'm very curious about that.
    If he leaves the series, I would be shocked if this is why.

I thought that they had developed a committed relationship through Iron Man III and the last Avengers movie. In fact, she's now in charge of Stark Enterprises.

Would your suggested paradigm forbid relations between any "powered" being and any "normal" human?

I thought that they had developed a committed relationship through Iron Man III and the last Avengers movie. In fact, she's now in charge of Stark Enterprises.

Would your suggested paradigm forbid relations between any "powered" being and any "normal" human?
    Yes, but he was her BOSS and he made a LOT of inappropriate comments to her before they were together. I'm talking the first two movies. Is it okay for a boss to harass his/her employee if they eventually marry?

I didn't have a problem with the relationship. It was the pre relationship way he treated her. And I was saying they SHOULD do that, just looking for people's thoughts.
    Last edited by bjornolf; 12-03-2017 at 08:49 PM.

LOL! I can see it now. He doesn't leave because he gets squished by Thanos and his crew. He doesn't leave because he got in one too many fights with the Hulk...he leaves because a bunch of women come out with proof of his sexual harrasment. He ends up cut out of Stark Industries, Pepper whom he finally marries...divorces him, the Avengers take away all his Iron Man suits and he's left as a shell of a man to wonder homeless through NYC until some alien attack blows up his cardboard box.

Ok...maybe not...but it would definitely be a sign of the times.

Yes, but he was her BOSS and he made a LOT of inappropriate comments to her before they were together. I'm talking the first two movies. Is it okay for a boss to harass his/her employee if they eventually marry?

I didn't have a problem with the relationship. It was the pre relationship way he treated her. And I was saying they SHOULD do that, just looking for people's thoughts.
    I mean, wasn’t a lot of it mutual flirting? I can’t remember exactly.