Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Also, I noticed that Peter's passport does not contain any dates in it, raising the possibility that this does not take place after the events of Infinity War.
    I think I read on some entertainment news site that it's supposed to take place pretty much immediately after IW concludes.

But who knows whether that source was right?

I had always thought that the "Far From Home" title was the one real hint we had as to how Avengers: Endgame would end... that it would end with Spider-man "far from home" on another planet in space... maybe on Titan revived after the infinity stone stuff was reversed, or in an alternate universe twist or something. So much for that theory.

How did Ant Man get out of the quantum realm he was stuck in? A friend has a theory that the Spidey movie is all a dream he's having while being snapped hence the title and lack of dates on the passport. I think he just got back from Colorado and needs to share. Marvel has done an amazing job with the timelines and continuity so far and I expect that to continue.

The trailer looks good enough, but I must admit to being a bit underwhelmed by the plot they have exposed. Maybe I'm starting to suffer from MCU burnout? If so, I blame DC

New trailer... still looks like almost exclusively stuff from the first 1/4 of the film.

They are clearly all wearing some kind of special suit... probably one that is helpful for time travel.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Totally dig how little they're giving away in the trailers.

My only wish for the movie is it doesn't end in a split universe sorta thing.

They are clearly all wearing some kind of special suit... probably one that is helpful for time travel.
    Thanks. I didn’t now a new trailer was out.

The suits look similar to Hank Pym’s quantum realm suit from Antman and the Wasp.

Quote Originally Posted by Kdogg View Post
    Thanks. I didn’t now a new trailer was out.

The suits look similar to Hank Pym’s quantum realm suit from Antman and the Wasp.
    Yup, and I think we will find out that Scott Lang discovered a method of time travel via the quantum realm.

Here's an article about the suits.

the idea of these white costumes is that they are more than just costume upgrades and are actually some kind of space suits which will allow for the Avengers to meet Thanos face to face. The mad Titan was last seen on some alien world smiling over his victory, so the Avengers will probably need to go to him to deal with the situation.

Or perhaps it's more likely that these are time-travel suits, as this trailer does feature a bunch of flashback footage and there have been plenty of rumors and unofficial photos from the set which posit a time-travel solution to defeating Thanos. It's also possible that the suits are somehow designed to allow for the team to travel into the Quantum Realm... Don't forget that Ant-Man's powers are based around wearing his suit, and travel to the Quantum Realm also requires the traveler to be protected by an external shell of some kind. There's even a line in Ant-Man and the Wasp about a time vortex in the Quantum Realm, so it's entirely possible that the Avengers are travelling through time and space via the Quantum Realm.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

James Gunn - Guardians 3

It's a few days old already, but I haven't seen it mentioned here yet...

Disney brings back James Gunn for Guardians 3. (Deadline)

Some reports out there that Disney never even looked for a replacement director. (DigitalSpy)

Quote Originally Posted by PensDevil View Post
    Some reports out there that Disney never even looked for a replacement director. (DigitalSpy)
    Disney never looked for a replacement director because several members of the cast said they would not do it with someone else at the helm. Plus, they had a script (or at least the outline of one) from Gunn that they really liked. There was supposedly some talk at Marvel about getting someone else to direct Gunn's script and that the cast would probably endorse that if Gunn ok'd it, but they never quite got to that point.

Another new Endgame trailer... only a minute long but a lot of footage we have not seen before.

Worth noting that the shot of them in the spaceship does not include Nebula or Iron man, which tells me this image is of the team going out to rescue Tony in space. Nat also has blonde hair on the spaceship but has red hair in many other shots in the trailer. I'm wondering if maybe they have another fight with Thanos in the first half of the movie (that they lose) which results in them trying something other than fighting him in the back half of the film.

I trust zero of the footage we've seen. The Russo brothers are notorious for misleading information.

Quote Originally Posted by luburch View Post
    I trust zero of the footage we've seen. The Russo brothers are notorious for misleading information.
    Yeah. Plus, all the presumed time travel shenanigans make it hard to interpret possible clues like that.

I just really, really hope it doesn't end with a split universe thing. Instead, I'll predict that all 6 original Avengers are done – maybe they each eat one of the 6 infinity stones or something to prevent them from being used ever again. The other "deaths" (were they really deaths, or just sucked into the soul stone or put in another universe?) are obviously getting undone, and I think they know that will be too cheap unless there's some real cost to it. Time to clear some space for Avengers 5, 6, and 7 to be centered on Captain Marvel, Spider-man, and Black Panther.

((redacted content about finding a thread))

Major spoilers and footage of Endgame have leaked online. Tread lightly.

Quote Originally Posted by luburch View Post
    Major spoilers and footage of Endgame have leaked online. Tread lightly.
    I generally seek this stuff out. My curiosity will not leave me alone. But I am making a conscious decision to avoid it as much as I can for this flick. I want to see the movie as unspoiled as possible.

I'm seeing it on Tuesday... can I stay spoiler free for one more week?!?!!

I generally seek this stuff out. My curiosity will not leave me alone. But I am making a conscious decision to avoid it as much as I can for this flick. I want to see the movie as unspoiled as possible.

I'm seeing it on Tuesday... can I stay spoiler free for one more week?!?!!
    Same. I typically enjoy having this type of info before anyone else... Something is different about this one though. I'm staying away (the best I can) until next Friday morning.