Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Doria View Post
    That's a great movie. I think A New World is better (of semi-recent Korean action-y films), but that was very good. Heck, I'd rate it highly on the knife fight alone.
    Agreed, I really liked The Man from Nowhere. I'll have to check out New World.
    Demented and sad, but social, right?

Quote Originally Posted by fidel View Post
    ... I put it in the same bucket as Guardians of the Galaxy, which many people loved - action, CGI, pitter-patter humor, no real character or story development. ...
    Are you kidding! The guy launches himself into space to give his special helmet to a girl he barely knows to save her life while putatively sacrificing his life.

That there was some hard core character development!

Don't get me started on the group holding hands to withstand the effects of the infinity stone, team-building that would do Coach K proud!

Oh, and Groot! How did the Academy overlook Vin Diesel for his voice work?

In truth, I enjoyed the movie, in good part because it didn't take itself too seriously, and probably primarily because of the soundtrack.

Quote Originally Posted by davekay1971 View Post
    Fus Ro Dah!
    I used to be an adventurer like you....

But I am pretty excited about this movie. I have love all of the Marvel movies so far. Even the ones that get bashed like Iron Man 3.

And Civil War was easily the best comic book movie I have ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by DukeFanSince1990 View Post
    But I am pretty excited about this movie. I have love all of the Marvel movies so far. Even the ones that get bashed like Iron Man 3.

And Civil War was easily the best comic book movie I have ever seen.
    I feel very differently, although I did like CA: Winter Soldier

Personally, I thought Watchmen was the best comic book (or graphic novel) ever. And I'd also rate Nolan's Dark Knight right up there -- Winter Soldier third. I know the first two aren't Marvel movies, most of which have missed me.

I liked the Guardians of the Galaxy and the first Avengers movie and I love Downey in the Ironmen movies, although I think they've gone downhill from the first one. Can't stand any Hulk movies or any Thor movie and (as I posted earlier), I thought the second Avengers and the CA: Civil War were garbage. Okay, Antman wasn't a great movie, but it had some amusing moments.

That's just my opinion ... I know many of you don't share my view. That's fine -- but at least I won't be sucked in by the hype for Infinity Wars.

Quote Originally Posted by DukeFanSince1990 View Post
    I used to be an adventurer like you...
    But then I got turf toe.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    I am sure there are also people out there who enjoyed Freddy got Fingered.
    I have a, um, friend who thought it was pretty funny. Might have even owned it on DVD.

"I bought you this bag of jewels!"

Is, um, the sort of thing this friend might have said.

Hulk too. Thor, Hulk, and Dr. Strange will all be in Ragnaraok.

And it has been confirmed that we will be seeing Hulk as a gladiator of some sort.

-Jason "Hulk with a sword and battle ax... sign me up!" Evans
    The first Thor Ragnaraok trailer has dropped... and it is awesome! Though it seems dark, it has a really funny feel to it, like a Guardians of the Galaxy kind of thing or similar to some of the very amusing Thor short films that have been DVD extras recently. Hemsworth clearly loves playing this character for laughs.

Of course, most importantly, it features Hulk as a gladiator... awesome!!!

-Jason "Thor's reaction to seeing Hulk is amazing... feels very Joss Whedon" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

The first Thor Ragnaraok trailer has dropped... and it is awesome! Though it seems dark, it has a really funny feel to it, like a Guardians of the Galaxy kind of thing or similar to some of the very amusing Thor short films that have been DVD extras recently. Hemsworth clearly loves playing this character for laughs.

-Jason "Thor's reaction to seeing Hulk is amazing... feels very Joss Whedon" Evans
    "A friend from work?"

Separated at birth?

fb6098930839a8d3b8161f3aa92c2fae.jpg
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

That trailer is so very awesome. I was afraid when they released the earlier shot of Blanchet that she wouldn't have her comics outfit (even adjusted for live action; the shot was pretty dark and didn't look green to me). But she looks great, and I loved the Planet Hulk comics story, so any nods to that are just terrific. This movie looks so fun, and I didn't think I'd be able to say that about a Thor movie. Now I can't wait for it!

Trailer didn't have a crazy appeal to me, but I'll see it because the MCU has earned the benefit of the doubt in making good movies and a cohesive universe.

Contrast to Logan, which looked and sounded really good, but I didn't bring myself to see it because I don't care at all about what happens to the X-Men. They're just going to be killed, revived, timeline-changed, have their central plot radically altered, or replaced between movies anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Wander View Post
    Trailer didn't have a crazy appeal to me, but I'll see it because the MCU has earned the benefit of the doubt in making good movies and a cohesive universe.

Contrast to Logan, which looked and sounded really good, but I didn't bring myself to see it because I don't care at all about what happens to the X-Men. They're just going to be killed, revived, timeline-changed, have their central plot radically altered, or replaced between movies anyway.
    You are shorting yourself by not seeing Logan,in my opinion. At the top of the comic book pantheon with The Dark Knight.

My wife really likes Thor with the short hair. I mean, she really liked him with the long hair. But the short hair is even better, in her opinion.

It's just not fair. The man is fine. I can't even argue the point.

Also, the movie looks like a blast.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    You are shorting yourself by not seeing Logan,in my opinion. At the top of the comic book pantheon with The Dark Knight.
    I agree that if you think the trailer to Logan looks good, you will probably enjoy the movie.

(Side note: in the comics Logan/Wolverine has been dead for quite a while... The movies... who knows? Personally, I hope they go the X23/Wolverine route, but it's anyone's guess.)

Disney just unveiled the first footage from Infinity War at the D23 expo... and, though it is just a series of clips from the movie -- not even an official trailer -- the reviews are really good.

A fight begins. Doctor Strange is putting down platforms and Star-Lord is jumping off them, shooting his guns. Cut to Spider-Man, in his new suit revealed at the end of Homecoming, jumping through the air. A shot of Vision behind bars. A shot of a Wakandan army which includes Bucky. Captain America comes out of shadows with a full beard. Black Widow is shown with blonde hair. Iron Man has new, very sleek armor. Someone is using the Hulkbuster armor. Just a huge montage of shots.

Peter Parker is on the ground very hurt. “I’m sorry Tony,” he says behind tears with Iron Man holding his head. Thanos grabs Thor’s head and squeezes. Then Thanos, in the heat of battle with the Infinity Gauntlet on his hand, uses the power of the two stones he has (Purple and Blue, I think) to grab a moon. He starts to drag it toward whatever planet everyone is standing on. The debris starts to fly and... cut to title card.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

First trailer has dropped..

Very nice! It's not looking good for Vision at all.

Didn't see any clips with Captain America, IMDB only lists Steve Rogers for Chris Evans, no Cap.

Even without the Guardians, there are 10 superheroes in action. Sounds like fun

He's got a pretty decent beard. When T'Challa says, "Get that man a shield", that's Cap.