Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by LasVegas View Post
    I mean, wasn’t a lot of it mutual flirting? I can’t remember exactly.
    Maybe I'll rewatch it this week to check, but in the beginning, I recall her being rather exasperated by it.

Quote Originally Posted by PackMan97 View Post
    LOL! I can see it now. He doesn't leave because he gets squished by Thanos and his crew. He doesn't leave because he got in one too many fights with the Hulk...he leaves because a bunch of women come out with proof of his sexual harrasment. He ends up cut out of Stark Industries, Pepper whom he finally marries...divorces him, the Avengers take away all his Iron Man suits and he's left as a shell of a man to wonder homeless through NYC until some alien attack blows up his cardboard box.

Ok...maybe not...but it would definitely be a sign of the times.
    Well, I didn't mean that's the way they'd get rid of him. A little too on the nose. But yeah, that would be pretty funny.

Then they could go after James Bond.

Quote Originally Posted by bjornolf View Post
    Then they could go after James Bond.
    I'm pretty sure that more recent Bond's have portrayed him as a dinosaur, someone from the past who isn't needed in today's world. When they got Dench to play M, it was a big step to show it's not just a boys club. So, I think they are setting the stage.

Besides, there is nothing that says 007 needs to be male If Dr. Who can break barriers, why can't have a Jamie Bond.

... If Dr. Who can break barriers, why can't have a Jamie Bond.
    Jameses can look like this:

james_king-cosmo.jpg

Transcript from an interview a reporter did with Paul Rudd, asking him about Infinity War. Really funny...

Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

It has leaked that the run time for Infinity War will be more than 2 1/2 hours... 156 minutes according to Dark Horizons. Whew... lots of characters and lots of stuff to happen. I trust the Russo's to get it right.

-Jason "and I'll bet just about any amount you want that the battle against Thanos won't conclude in this movie... it will spill over in a big big way into the untitled Avengers movie coming next summer" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    -Jason "and I'll bet just about any amount you want that the battle against Thanos won't conclude in this movie... it will spill over in a big big way into the untitled Avengers movie coming next summer" Evans
    I only have one fear about this movie. Please, please, please don't make the ending "Thanos wins and kills everyone but Dr. Strange uses time magic to go back and undo everything in the next movie."

Quote Originally Posted by Wander View Post
    I only have one fear about this movie. Please, please, please don't make the ending "Thanos wins and kills everyone but Dr. Strange uses time magic to go back and undo everything in the next movie."
    Maybe instead they could have a huge battle where everyone loses and nobody wins, but then we realize it was all the mind gem and Thanos and the Avengers realize that there is more to gain from coexisting than continuing the war?

Yeah, ummm... I have no inside info or anything, but I strongly suspect you just nailed it.

New trailer is out. It shows a lot more of the humor. I love the end of the trailer with the meeting between Spiderman and Strange LOLz. Not to mention Quill vs Stark is a winner as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwievZ1Tx-8

No Hawkeye. Does he die early on?

Maybe instead they could have a huge battle where everyone loses and nobody wins, but then we realize it was all the mind gem and Thanos and the Avengers realize that there is more to gain from coexisting than continuing the war?
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Yeah, ummm... I have no inside info or anything, but I strongly suspect you just nailed it.
    I acknowledge that I am late to the party, but I am just now finding out that this movie was, at some point, intended to be a two-parter, with part 2 due out next year.

When is the next Avengers movie due out? My understanding is the title is a spoiler for Infinity War, so has not yet been released.

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    I acknowledge that I am late to the party, but I am just now finding out that this movie was, at some point, intended to be a two-parter, with part 2 due out next year.

When is the next Avengers movie due out? My understanding is the title is a spoiler for Infinity War, so has not yet been released.
    Part II or as some are calling it the "untitled Avengers movie" is due out next summer.

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    The unreleased title and the fact that it was originally advertised as a sequel is exactly what makes me really scared of time travel/in-universe reboot with the infinity stones.

Why does Thanos want to kill only half the universe?

Terrible news... Timothy Olyphant's cameo in Infinity War has been cut. There's a really compelling video of him talking about it here: http://teamcoco.com/video/timothy-ol...-cameo-was-cut

-Jason "bwahahahahahaha!" Evans

In the original comic, Thanos killing half the universe is actually just the beginning of it. So that could easily happen (and I would wager WILL happen) in this one... my guess is at the end.

So, I'm seeing a screening tomorrow at 4pm ET. I'll try to post some quick comments tomorrow evening. Spoiler free, of course.

How about a last-minute deaths prediction? I'll go with Loki in the first 15 minutes of the movie, Nebula, and Captain America. Vision survives in some depowered form as a normal human or computer program. If Black Panther was less popular, I'd guess one of their supporting characters too.

If we see several major characters start dying left and right in the final battle, you know my fear is going to come true and that they're gearing up to an in-universe reboot with vague magic involving the Time or Reality Stone.

How about a last-minute deaths prediction? I'll go with Loki in the first 15 minutes of the movie, Nebula, and Captain America. Vision survives in some depowered form as a normal human or computer program. If Black Panther was less popular, I'd guess one of their supporting characters too.

If we see several major characters start dying left and right in the final battle, you know my fear is going to come true and that they're gearing up to an in-universe reboot with vague magic involving the Time or Reality Stone.
    Or they just want to show how powerful Thanos is by having him kill a lot of major characters. That would be one heck of a powerful ending leading into the next one. Just a bunch of dead avengers, Thanos snaps his fingers, and then movie over. I think a lot of these characters have run their course and I am hopeful that many will be killed off. I’d go with captain America, iron man, Thor, hulk, and vision.

Quote Originally Posted by LasVegas View Post
    Or they just want to show how powerful Thanos is by having him kill a lot of major characters. That would be one heck of a powerful ending leading into the next one. Just a bunch of dead avengers, Thanos snaps his fingers, and then movie over. I think a lot of these characters have run their course and I am hopeful that many will be killed off. I’d go with captain America, iron man, Thor, hulk, and vision.
    I agree with Iron Man, Captain America, and Thor (although I see him sticking around for a bit). I am ok with Hulk and Vision living on after the next two Avengers movies. I think Vision could be an interesting character moving forward without some of the bigger names.