View Poll Results: Who was Man of the Match in Duke's 65-55 win over Virginia?

Voters
168. You may not vote on this poll
  • Amile Jefferson

0 0%
  • Jayson Tatum

159 94.64%
  • Matt Jones

4 2.38%
  • Luke Kennard

2 1.19%
  • Grayson Allen

0 0%
  • Frank Jackson

1 0.60%
  • Harry Giles

2 1.19%
  • Marques Bolden

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    About 150 feet in front of the Duke Chapel doors.

MOTM: Duke vs. Virginia (Feb 15, 2017)

Who was Man of the Match in Duke's 65-55 win over Virginia?
    JBDuke

Andre Dawkins: “People ask me if I can still shoot, and I ask them if they can still breathe. That’s kind of the same thing.”

Dev11 is offline Commissioner of Statistics, DBR Podcast
    This might not be a necessary poll.
    Check out the Duke Basketball Roundup wherever podcasts are given away for free!

Every single player listed had their moment. Even Marques had that monster block.

But yes, it's Jayson for putting the game away by himself with his shotmaking.

Quote Originally Posted by Dev11 View Post
    Duh!

ricks

Quote Originally Posted by Dev11 View Post
    It's DBR. It's necessary. And someone will be contrary.

I voted for Tatum, but definitely want to give shouts out to Jones (did he come out of the game? His defense was stifling) and Giles. Jones was - again - an absolute demon on defense. All night. It is amazing someone so unathletic is so good defensively. All heart, grit, effort, and awareness. And Giles really bailed us out when Jefferson got foul-happy. I felt it was his best game of the year so far.

Tatum

Tatum was really something. He literally gave us separation down the stretch.

Before that stretch I wanted to vote for Matt for defense or Giles for what he gave us off the bench but Tatum was amazing..

Unanimous thus far!

Look, plenty of guys played well tonight and contributed, but I was truly hoping to open this thread and see only one option in the poll.

By the way, I thought Tatum came darn close to deserving MOTM for his rebounding as well.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

It was Tatum. I voted for Giles just to give him a little love. He looked like Harry Giles for spurts tonight. If he gets a lob instead of rocket pass from Luke, he's got more points and I think he gets more PT.
    Whatever the hell "it" is, Jabari found it.

-Roy "Ole Huck" Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Dukehky View Post
    It was Tatum. I voted for Giles just to give him a little love. He looked like Harry Giles for spurts tonight. If he gets a lob instead of rocket pass from Luke, he's got more points and I think he gets more PT.
    I liked the way Giles played tonight, much better looking than previously. But that fumbled pass was all on Harry. Luke's pass hit him in the hands.

About 150 feet in front of the Duke Chapel doors.
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Look, plenty of guys played well tonight and contributed, but I was truly hoping to open this thread and see only one option in the poll.

By the way, I thought Tatum came darn close to deserving MOTM for his rebounding as well.
    I figured that this would be a very one-sided poll, but the last time I put up a one-option poll, people griped about it. I'll save that for very special occasions.

I guess you just can't please all the people all the time.
    JBDuke

Andre Dawkins: “People ask me if I can still shoot, and I ask them if they can still breathe. That’s kind of the same thing.”

Great team win.

Our Team continues to come together at the right time.

The way this season is progressing, each week it could be and usually is,
    someone different.

What that tells me is that other coaches have to be tearing their hair out
    developing a game plan against us.

This was a great defensive effort by VA, but we have so many weapons,
    what do you plan for.

The fact is, Matt and Amile do their job as team captains, and
    on the court.

The guards penetrate, find the open man, hit the 3's.

The big's are making more and better contributions.

Team and individual defense is coming together.

It's the collective of all this, that is bringing this together,
    not any one individual.

This is fun.

I voted for Jayson because he was the guy tonight.

Great TEAM win. Fist!
    Last edited by BluDvlsN1; 02-16-2017 at 12:04 AM.
    Let's go DUKE !!!

Tatum for 3!!!!

I was stuck on Giles until Tatum hit the dagger three with a hand in his face.

How about our defense? We held them to their lowest offensive output of the year.

ricks

Almost decided to be contrary but went with the crowd. With that said, I'm amazed the poll is as one-sided as it was (as of the time I voted, 67 of 68 for Jayson), only because Matt was so outstanding shutting out Perrantes and generally playing the best defense I've seen any Duke player play all season. Matt was also a big part of the press that helped slow Virginia's already glacial offense down to a crawl.

But kudos Jayson, for an unbelievable shooting and rebounding display.

I voted for Jayson because we really needed his scoring tonight and he delivered, but I wish I could have voted for Matt too (& harry). Matt's defense was outstanding. He has been our best defender since game one, but he has also been getting better with each game. (It's obvious to me that he has really worked hard on his body and his game.) I also thought Harry played his best game so far on defense (though I suppose UVA's lack of a post threat made it a little easier).
    -Son of Jarhead

The Duke fan formerly known as BuschDevil

Jayson Tatum was ridiculous in the secon half. Great to have no letdown when Giles came in. The fourth foul on Jefferson was a terrible play for a 5th year player. Bringing your hand down was a terrible play. Giles played great and Tatum played better. Tatum also played great defense and rebounded the ball well.
    The Terrapin Assassin

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by Dukehky View Post
    Nice blurb on Harry in a post game writeup.

Giles totaled 19 minutes, which was the most he has played in five games since also logging 18 minutes at Wake Forest. His stat line was only five points and three rebounds, but it was a confidence-boosting performance that he has needed since missing the first 11 games this season while rehabbing his right knee.
    "It was a big game for Harry Giles," Krzyzewski said. "If Harry can do what he did tonight, that's going to help us a lot."
    http://www.espn.com/blog/collegebask...-its-best-shot
    (That whole article is a good one to read.)
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."