Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
    About 150 feet in front of the Duke Chapel doors.

MBB: Duke 65, UVA 55 Post-Game Thread

Put your post-game thoughts here.
    JBDuke

Andre Dawkins: “People ask me if I can still shoot, and I ask them if they can still breathe. That’s kind of the same thing.”

Anyone still want Jefferson and Giles in at the same time?

Tatum is a stud.

Great things from Giles tonight!

Great D!

It's coming together!!!

Go Duke!!!

Very good win!

Great defense, and frankly, great offense, too, in the second half, led by Mr. Tatum and the PNR scheme we ran.

Jayson. Tatum.

The guy guarding Jayson is going to be on the ACC's all defensive team, btw. And could be DPOY.

Good game guys! Ugly game to watch as expected but Tatum was sensational tonight. We had no answer for him. As I mentioned in another thread, Duke is a very bad matchup for us and we're a very flawed team. Predicted a 5 point Duke win. I was a little off lol. Good luck the rest of the way.

Quote Originally Posted by kshepinthehouse View Post
    Anyone still want Jefferson and Giles in at the same time?
    That's the first post after a great win??

Great win! Jayson was awesome on both ends. Also, we need a triple bonus after the 12th foul. The end was insufferable.

Quote Originally Posted by Troublemaker View Post
    The guy guarding Jayson is going to be on the ACC's all defensive team, btw. And could be DPOY.
    Jayson was not defendable in the 2nd half. Those 3s...they could not have been better defended...and Jayson just crushed those shots.

Quote Originally Posted by JBDuke View Post
    Put your post-game thoughts here.
    Doug Collins, man of the game...what a relief to hear him...think he really had a moderating effect on Jay
    "I wanted it to be in my hands," Roach said of his game-sealing drive. "I wanted to take—I wanted that moment."

"Definitely was a bit personal for me," Roach added. "I mean, what happened last year, obviously, but just wanted to come out here and do anything I can to get this win, and we did that." Duke-Carolina, Cameron Indoor, Feb. 4th 2023

Delighted with the win, but I guess any game against UVa, win or loss, will be ugly.
    This message was composed entirely from recycled letters of the alphabet using only renewable, caffeinated energy sources.
    No trees, wabbits, chimps or whales died in the process.

As Jay Bilas would say, "What a game by Jayson Tatum! What a game!"

Jayson... I never doubted your game but I did doubt your 3-pt shot. For this I am sorry!

Jayson obviously played a heck of a game but props to Harry Giles as well. He made some nice plays and showed some defensive quickness. It's certainly been baby steps but they are baby steps in the right direction!

Let's keep this momentum going!

Tatum - Stud
    Matt - shut down Perrantes
    Solid game for most
    Great minutes from Harry and Bolden. Harry looked best I've seen yet. Moving much better, getting quicker.

Starting to look pretty good!

Great win. I'd put it alongside carolina as the biggest of the season. The defense was fantastic tonight...kept us in a typical grinder with the 'Hoos. But the offense was also sneaky good in the second half. I'll be interested to see points per possession for the 2nd half...I'd be willing to bet it was quite good.
    Obviously, Jayson Tatum was sensational. Good minutes from Giles as well. There's lots to be encouraged about tonight.
    I can't deny that there are some shades of 2015 in tonight's performance...

Quote Originally Posted by jhmoss1812 View Post
    Good game guys! Ugly game to watch as expected but Tatum was sensational tonight. We had no answer for him. As I mentioned in another thread, Duke is a very bad matchup for us and we're a very flawed team. Predicted a 5 point Duke win. I was a little off lol. Good luck the rest of the way.
    This is an impressive post from a guy whose team just lost a tough game. Thanks for being gracious.

Great win. Solid defense for most of the 2nd half (until the last couple minutes when they were just avoiding fouls) and some solid efforts out of most everyone. Also awesome - cut down the turnovers in the 2nd and hit a vast majority of the FTs down the stretch in a physical game.

Would have liked to see Duke keep UVA off the offensive boards better (how did UVA outperform UNC on the offensive glass against Duke??) but that, and Allen's off night, were really the only negatives from that game.

Getting closer to the top 10 and 1st place in ACC!

The gentlemen played really solid defense with only a few lapses. After getting abused for years (it seems) by the PNR, love that we've started to run it and take advantage of our mobility.

Do not piss off Jayson - he will make you pay.

Harry is starting to look like a player. May he continue to improve.

Rest. Especially Grayson. Get more healthy.

Finish the year out strong.

Quote Originally Posted by Troublemaker View Post
    Very good win!

Great defense, and frankly, great offense, too, in the second half, led by Mr. Tatum and the PNR scheme we ran.
    Agreed. D was great all game. Switching the PNR attack scheme at half to have the big roll hard and have the ball handler stop and come back the other way was a great move. When UVa made a couple of shots and put some game pressure on us Tatum took over.

Shout out to Harry for his best game as a Dukie as well.
    Coach K on Kyle Singler - "What position does he play? ... He plays winner."

"Duke is never the underdog" - Quinn Cook