Young to Oklahoma

Just saw that Young committed to the sooners. I was surprised, I thought that Kansas would be his option. How is this going to affect our point guard recruiting?

Quote Originally Posted by 53n206 View Post
    Just saw that Young committed to the sooners. I was surprised, I thought that Kansas would be his option. How is this going to affect our point guard recruiting?
    Not picking on you, 53n, but how about not assuming that everyone knows last names and up-to-date recruiting info? Here's the CBS story (fair use only, of course ):
    Five-star point guard Trae Young, one of the three best floor generals in the class of 2017, verbally committed to Lon Kruger’s program...

In the 247 Sports composite, Young is 18th.

Oklahoma is the hometown choice for Young, who was essentially deciding between the Sooners and Kansas...
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Don't think it ultimately changes anything. We were competing for Duval's services. We will still be competing for Duval's services.