View Poll Results: Who was Man of the Match in Duke's win over Notre Dame tonight?

Voters
147. You may not vote on this poll
  • Amile Jefferson

0 0%
  • Jayson Tatum

62 42.18%
  • Matt Jones

9 6.12%
  • Luke Kennard

4 2.72%
  • Grayson Allen

71 48.30%
  • Frank Jackson

0 0%
  • Harry Giles

1 0.68%
  • Antonio Vrankovic

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    About 150 feet in front of the Duke Chapel doors.

MOTM: Duke vs. Notre Dame (Jan 30, 2017)

Who was Man of the Match in Duke's win over Notre Dame tonight?
    JBDuke

Andre Dawkins: “People ask me if I can still shoot, and I ask them if they can still breathe. That’s kind of the same thing.”

Quote Originally Posted by JBDuke View Post
    Who was Man of the Match in Duke's win over Notre Dame tonight?
    JB, MOTM was obviously your buddy Hancock from chat, who motivated Tatum to have a great game.

Where ya'll that hated on Jayson Tatum's defense at?
    Whatever the hell "it" is, Jabari found it.

-Roy "Ole Huck" Williams

I will note: we have never lost a game in which Vrank has played.

But I voted Tatum.

There is a difference in this team when the offense goes through Kennard and Allen. ND limited Kennard's looks all night long. Grayson was very good tonight. Jayson played under control and took advantage of mismatches but allowed the offense to go through Luke and Grayson. Much better ball movement tonight.
    The Terrapin Assassin

I voted for Matt. Very efficient game for him after having a few games with pitiful shooting percentages.
    Really nice to see Grayson play like he did last year too.

A lot of good options for this one, but I went with Grayson largely because I thought he came up very big during a couple stretches where ND started to threaten the lead.

I could have easily voted for Matt, Jayson, Luke or Grayson. Everyone stepped up when ND tried to keep Luke from beating them. I went with Jayson for his double/double and how he played mostly under control. I was proud of Luke for not forcing things and it helped us win a tough game. GoDuke

3 way tie for me between Grayson, Jayson, and Matt. All 3 of those guys were spectacular. I gave my vote to Jayson since I've voted for the other 2 before.

Jayson started the game terribly, but REALLY found his groove in the 2nd half and absolutely dominated the Irish. Goes to show, when the buckets go in, everything is good, and when they don't, he's ball stopper. He did have a couple of bad shots and dumb turnovers in the first half, but he was unstoppable otherwise. Matt was so good on defense as usual, and came up with big baskets, including the steal in the backcourt for a layup; a really deflating play for them.

Funny that we talked about how he's only had 13 free throw attempts on the season. He went 5-5 tonight
    Last edited by kAzE; 01-30-2017 at 11:08 PM.

Tough call here but I'm going with Tatum with a dubbel-dubbel. 14 boards!!

Allen, Matt and Luke had really good games, too.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Tatum. O, kneel for Tatum.

Excellent D. Huuuuuuge rebounds. Grayson was more like Grayson. Matt was Matt.
    Man, if your Mom made you wear that color when you were a baby, and you're still wearing it, it's time to grow up!

Proud of the Team

Great team win, they’re getting into the “we won’t be beat mindset,
    answered every ND run.

Really good defense, the offensive strategy and execution
    is kudos to Jeff.

If one play could drive the vote it would have to be Luke’s baseline, behind the back pass, nutmeg
    of Vasturia to Grayson for the 3.

A fair case can be made for either Jayson or Grayson.

Jayson’s double double was strong, 14 boards, and 8/14 shooting was a huge contribution, he played better today
    in the late game than recently, but he is still showing his occasional questionable decision
    making with his turn overs.

Grayson, in a tough environment, against a strong opponent, stayed focused,
    played within the game, was the steady leader thats expected of him.
    His stat line was good, but the focus was on him so steady, he wouldn’t
    be beaten.

I gave him the edge because of the growth and maturity and
    team leadership by example, he evidenced today.
    Let's go DUKE !!!

I have to go with Jayson. Others were good but he was very good. Rarely left the flow of the offense (after that 1st fade away that missed) and was relentless on the boards.

Better passing tonight - better ball movement. It is amazing what that opens up. It permits some great one-on-one play because everyone has to stay home on defense. Stagnation gone! Keep it up and this team can win a lot.

I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death!
    Terrific team building type game. I voted for Grayson because of the four free throws at the end of the game to really seal it.

Went with Jayson in a coin flip. Grayson and Matt also had really good games. Harry did a good job filling in for Amile after he fouled out.

Quote Originally Posted by slower View Post
    JB, MOTM was obviously your buddy Hancock from chat, who motivated Tatum to have a great game.
    Can't spork you, but I thought this was pretty funny.
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor
    I went with Grayson for his solid game overall but more importantly, for taking over when ND cut it to 1 and had the crowd going crazy. Grayson shut that down with a quick 3 and then a midrange jumper after the stop to push the lead right back to 6 demoralizing the ND players and the crowd. Those two shots were huge. Game savers imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Newton_14 View Post
    I went with Grayson for his solid game overall but more importantly, for taking over when ND cut it to 1 and had the crowd going crazy. Grayson shut that down with a quick 3 and then a midrange jumper after the stop to push the lead right back to 6 demoralizing the ND players and the crowd. Those two shots were huge. Game savers imo.
    Yeah, even though I voted for Jayson for his double-double including 14 rebounds(!), Grayson definitely made it tough because he hit those two high-leverage shots. The "fangraph" of win probability for Duke should've spiked upon those two shots.

Quote Originally Posted by Troublemaker View Post
    Yeah, even though I voted for Jayson for his double-double including 14 rebounds(!), Grayson definitely made it tough because he hit those two high-leverage shots. The "fangraph" of win probability for Duke should've spiked upon those two shots.
    At 63-62, Duke's chances of winning were 50/50. When Grayson made his three for 66-62, Duke's chances jumped to 72%. When he made his midrange jumper for 68-62, it jumped again to 85%. High-leverage makes for you.

Grayson, by a nose over Jayson! Great game by all last night! LGD GTHc!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com