Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Big win for Wojo!

Wojo's unranked Marquette Golden Eagles team just beat #7 Creighton in a high-scoring affair, 102-94. 7 players scored in double figures for Marquette. Congrats, Wojo! Many people are following Collins in the other thread, but all of the other former Duke assistants are off to strong starts this season as well. Marquette has had a pretty tough early schedule and have been under the radar a bit. Maybe this win will give them a bit of momentum.

Quote Originally Posted by 1999ballboy View Post
    Wojo's unranked Marquette Golden Eagles team just beat #7 Creighton in a high-scoring affair, 102-94. 7 players scored in double figures for Marquette. Congrats, Wojo! Many people are following Collins in the other thread, but all of the other former Duke assistants are off to strong starts this season as well. Marquette has had a pretty tough early schedule and have been under the radar a bit. Maybe this win will give them a bit of momentum.
    Don't mean to bust your chops but that happened yesterday. And yes, it was a great win.
    “Coach said no 3s.” - Zion on The Block

Marquette

Thanks for starting this thread, even a day late. Maybe we can discuss Wojo's team here, instead of the Northwestern thread!

It's worth noting this was Creighton's first game without (arguably) their best player, who's done for the season. Not trying to bring the mood down, but it's possible the win doesn't look as good in March as would be inferred from their current ranking.

Quote Originally Posted by Wander View Post
    It's worth noting this was Creighton's first game without (arguably) their best player, who's done for the season. Not trying to bring the mood down, but it's possible the win doesn't look as good in March as would be inferred from their current ranking.
    Maurice Watson going down saddened me. I saw Creighton destroy NC State earlier in the season, and they looked like one of the most fun and explosive teams in the country.

Big game tomorrow, Nova at Home. Thrilled to see Wojo slapping the Floor again.

Quote Originally Posted by Wander View Post
    Was just going to add that. Creighton is likely to tumble a decent amount without their star PG.

Still an important win, but Creighton isn't a top-10 team without Watson (maybe not even top-25).

Wojo and the Warriors take down #1 'Nova 74-72!

WOW! Go Wojo!

I'm seeing an early round matchup that the NCAA won't be able to resist!

Quote Originally Posted by Blue KevIL View Post
    Number 7 and now number 1!! Unbelievable for Wojo.

With K out and Capel's record not stellar, Wojo and Collins making sure their hats are in the ring. Classic.

Arizona isn't doing too poorly, either. But yeah, nice wins. Go, Wojo!

Quote Originally Posted by westwall View Post
    Number 7 and now number 1!! Unbelievable for Wojo.
    I watched part of the 2nd half of that game. I liked the way Wojo's team played defense. They are a hard nosed bunch of young men. Great win. Now Marquette is Walton's #1 team.
    I also saw Wake lose at Syracuse. Wake got some bad calls by the officials. I guess making up for the ones they got against NCSU. GoDuke.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Dat View Post
    With K out and Capel's record not stellar, Wojo and Collins making sure their hats are in the ring. Classic.
    Wojo always exemplified gutty all out effort no matter what the situation or odds, consistency and character. I am very happy for him and perhaps this is another large step forward for "Coach W." I certainly would not rule him out for a future Duke role.

Looks like I made this thread a game too early. Now THIS one was impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by 1999ballboy View Post
    Looks like I made this thread a game too early. Now THIS one was impressive.
    Yeah, this one definitely qualifies as a big win.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue KevIL View Post

... and Chris Carrawell !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by OZ View Post
    ... and Chris Carrawell !!!!
    Is Carrawell on Wojo's staff?

Quote Originally Posted by BandAlum83 View Post
    Is Carrawell on Wojo's staff?
    Yes, and Tyler Thornton is a grad manager with the team.

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    Yes, and Tyler Thornton is a grad manager with the team.
    Is Tyler still there? He would have finished grad school by now. Haven't heard anything about him recently.