Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

MBB: Duke A Lot, Georgia Tech A Little, Post-Game Thread

That's the team we all expected to see.
    Just be you. You is enough. - K, 4/5/10, 0:13.8 to play, 60-59 Duke.

You're all jealous hypocrites. - Titus on Laettner

You see those guys? Animals. They're animals. - SIU Coach Chris Lowery, on Duke

That felt GOOD. I feel refreshed. Get well soon Coach!

Good win.

This may have been aired earlier, but, why was Jeter in street clothes ?

Quote Originally Posted by Pghdukie View Post
    This may have been aired earlier, but, why was Jeter in street clothes ?
    Pregame radio reported that he "twisted" his back in practice
    Coach K on Kyle Singler - "What position does he play? ... He plays winner."

"Duke is never the underdog" - Quinn Cook

Grayson back. K keeps them guessing as always. Nice play K!!
    Kyle gets BUCKETS!
    https://youtu.be/NJWPASQZqLc

That was fun.

Awesome game. Two immediate thoughts. Very happy for Grayson, both from the perspective that he's back and the perspective that we probably have a better appreciation for him now after the VaTech game. Luke is probably the better scorer, but Grayson is still the best all-around player on this team -- scoring, getting teammates involved, and defense. And we missed him dearly last game.

My other immediate thought is I'm glad this game happened under Coach K's watch. A lot of our fans have a lot of weird thoughts about our Hall-of-Fame coach, and he probably answered some questions for them with this performance.

Mmmm. Gimmie s'more of that. The bar has been set. I want to see that again, again, and again. Full throttle.

As discussed pre-game, Tech is not good. Glad to see us illustrate it rather than letting them hang around like UNC did. That was fun!

Awesome to see a variety of things. So nice to see Giles play some minutes and show signs. I also thought Allen was great on the court. In particular when he had an open layup and dished it to Giles for a dunk. Allen as a facilitator is what this team needs. Should be a confidence booster for many.

First and foremost, the team responded! They put the VT game in the rear view mirror and played with focused intensity.

A real coming out party for Harry Giles with a double double of 10 points and 12 rebounds. He still has a lot of development left to be achieved especially on defense but he looked good out there tonight, he was a part of the flow.

Marques Bolden also looked more comfortable on the court.

Seven players scored in double figures.
    Bob Green

unc fans after looking at the score . . .

roy-sad.jpg

I want to say that, in his time sitting, it seems that Grayson made some big decisions to change his attitude and approach. Granted, it's easy to be happy and positive when you're up 50, but throughout the game he was doing things like reaching for players that weren't in the huddle, cheering every other person's plays, he helped up an opposing player after they collided to the floor. It seems to me, from this N of 1, that he's making a conscious decision to play with a better attitude and positivity.

As for his play, working as the PG and distributor was fantastic to see. He's great at it and as he's successfully distributing it opens up better lanes for him to drive when he decides to do so, rather than him dropping his head and forcing it. I'm really happy for him having a great game...I think he really needed it after being dumped on by everyone for the past 2 weeks.
    Duke '03
    Tent 1 '99/'00

So, by the transitive property, we would beat UNC by 65, right?

Some highlights..

7 players in double figures.
    Double double for Harry
    24 assists (7 for Grayson)
    4 threes for Matt.
    Kyle gets BUCKETS!
    https://youtu.be/NJWPASQZqLc

That was just refreshing to see the team we thought we had. More Giles is just scary; he had fun, especially after completing a double-double in limited minutes. Plus, they were all trying to get him more involved-you can tell he's well-liked.

GO DUKE!!

Good luck, Coach!!

A very talented and motivated team beat the crap out of a young, inexeprienced and much less talented team.

Bah, humbug!! 😜

Holy crap we shot the ball ridiculously well. They gave us a lot of open looks, but EVERYONE was hitting.

Coulda used a few of those threes in the VT game, guys

So much to love

So many things went well - Luke barely played in the 2nd half. At one point in the first however I wondered if the 4-'guard' lineup we used was the first time we'd seen it - Luke, Grayson, Matt and Frank were all in with Amile in the middle. I know we're close when Jayson plays the perimeter but it's not exactly the same. And while it felt effective I know some of the better at stats folks here will let me know that the +/- or some other stat wasn't so good - but my point is that I don't think we'd seen it.

Out.

(Former) JWillFan (until he stops being a jerk)