Page 24 of 31 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    I had a fun day at work smoking the two butts I bought yesterday for the fundraiser cookoff this weekend.

Attachment 13741
    I like big butts and I cannot lie . . .

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by rasputin View Post
    I like big butts and I cannot lie . . .
    Irony...the store had two 12lb butts that I had to dig for, and then put back. Instead I chose two smaller 9 pounders. Only because I knew the smoker I was using would be better allocated.
    The fun thing about owning a number of grills (which irritates my lady to no end) is matching the meat to the opportunity. Bigger is not always better, and smaller can be a hinderance, so I went with Goldilocks this time, and chose the meat to match.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Just an FYI to anyone that has a Harris Teeter close by, right now they have pork butts and rib roasts on sale. The ribeye (both sliced and bone-in roasts) are $7.99/lb. I bought our Christmas roast today since that deal is too good to pass up. (I also got two butts for a BBQ comp that I'm entering on Saturday.)
    Picked up a nice rib roast. Thanks for the heads up! I owe you a tasty beverage next time you come through Asheville.

Just an FYI to anyone that has a Harris Teeter close by, right now they have pork butts and rib roasts on sale. The ribeye (both sliced and bone-in roasts) are $7.99/lb. I bought our Christmas roast today since that deal is too good to pass up. (I also got two butts for a BBQ comp that I'm entering on Saturday.)
    Thanks for mentioning this! My daughter was just talking about how she and her husband wanted me to smoke some more 'cue. She brought me four of them, so we had a delicious dinner last night and the rest are vac-packed and in the freezer. I didn't think to take a pic, though.

I'm really exhausted after the impromptu pork smoking on Sunday, which followed the chicken processing on Friday. House of Raeford has been doing bulk chicken sales during the pandemic in various locations of the state. They had a sale out at the fairgrounds, so I picked up 40 lbs of boneless, skinless thighs for $75. I spent Friday turning some of that into cooked, shredded chicken, the rest was raw cubed, sliced, or whole, vac-packed in recipe ready portions for fast meals. I didn't do it this time, but previously I've made a ton of marinades so that I can freeze them ready for sous-viding on days where cooking or deciding is too much of an effort. House of Raeford has many sites for pre-order online and pickup at various cities across NC (they have links for SC and VA, but they don't have any sales listed -- keep checking). Next fairgrounds pickup in Raleigh is 2/10. There's a pickup for Wilmington on Saturday, 11/20 (orders close two days prior to pickup).

Thank you, CB&B. I've got plenty of pulled pork to last us the winter, thanks to you!

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Today was a very good day.

BunchaButts.jpg

BunchaButtsPulled.jpg
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

BunchaButts.jpg

BunchaButtsPulled.jpg
    Daaaaaaaaammmmmmnnnnnn……….

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Daaaaaaaaammmmmmnnnnnn……….
    I needed to precook a couple butts for the Spring Game tailgate Saturday, and of course wanted to use my barrel smoker, but it's way too much grill for just two hunks of meat. So I sent the local word out that I was cooking, and folks brought me what they bought. Win win for everyone, with full bellies and greasy smiles to prove it!

I needed to precook a couple butts for the Spring Game tailgate Saturday, and of course wanted to use my barrel smoker, but it's way too much grill for just two hunks of meat. So I sent the local word out that I was cooking, and folks brought me what they bought. Win win for everyone, with full bellies and greasy smiles to prove it!
    I saw that, a great service you have done for your community. Kudos.

BunchaButts.jpg

BunchaButtsPulled.jpg
    OPK and I are on the way. You're doing the Lord's work.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    OPK and I are on the way. You're doing the Lord's work.
    Well, except it’s Passover and Good Friday upcoming. No meat for me tomorrow.

Well, except it’s Passover and Good Friday upcoming. No meat for me tomorrow.
    Yes. But since we are friends I know how much pleasure it would bring you to see me eat all of that.

Yes. But since we are friends I know how much pleasure it would bring you to see me eat all of that.
    I can’t smoke a pig or a brisket as well as CB&B, but I make a damn mean Brunswick Stew.

I can’t smoke a pig or a brisket as well as CB&B, but I make a damn mean Brunswick Stew.
    I am a very good cook, but just an ok barbecuer. My barbecue skill lies in consumption. Also I love chilis, soups and stews. I need to make Brunswick stew sometime.

I need to make Brunswick stew sometime.
    Does one really "just" make a Brunswick Stew sometime?

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    My Brunswick Stew recipe calls for a whole chicken and a pound of pulled pork.

It makes plenty.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    How would I know? I have never made it.

very excited about my new grill cover! Lamb burgers on the grill tonight!

It makes plenty.
    Some of the bbq I made will go towards Brunswick Stew, along with a few chicken breasts. Unfortunately, my girlfriend doesn't like Brunswick Stew. Possibly a contributing factor as to not having married her yet, even though we've lived together for 10 years.

It makes plenty.
    lima beans?

I got so hungry reading this thread at around 12:30 last night.