Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast
Results 241 to 260 of 279
  1. #241
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Vermont
    Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    I've not done patties, but I've done a whole meat loaf on the grill before. It turned out delicious. In the summer I cook lots of things that would otherwise be done in the oven on the grill. Keeps the kitchen way cooler.
    Other things I've "baked" on the grill. Lasagna, burritos, casseroles, pizzas, rolls, etc.
    yes, keeping the oven off during the hottest days here (like today, expected to be 94 or 95, hottest May day ever on record) is always a goal...I see much experimentation ahead, given the complete lack of restaurant meals on the horizon...

  2. #242
    Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    new grill needs to have some fat deposited, so get something that drips like maybe sausages...chicken fat oozes nicely, too.
    Seasoning it. Got two amazingly marbled rib eyes.

  3. #243
    IMG_20200527_191331.jpg

    Portobello caps, zucchini, and beautiful marbled ribeyes.
    Repartee is something we think of twenty-four hours too late.

    - Twain

  4. #244
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    IMG_20200527_191331.jpg

    Portobello caps, zucchini, and beautiful marbled ribeyes.
    Thatís a great christening!

  5. #245
    Picked up some vac sealed ribs during Memorial day sales, but went fishing Monday instead. Finally fired up the smoker today. ~4 hours at ~225.


    Dry rub, sauce on the side for she who has to have some sauce:


    Homemade pie chaser.

  6. #246
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Undisclosed
    ^^^ winner.

  7. #247
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Vermont
    very nice! I'm a four hours at 225 guy myself, be it on the grill or (in frigid weather) in the oven.
    p.s. did you cook with a rub only, or is there sauce on there as well?

  8. #248
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Washington, DC area
    Quote Originally Posted by BigWayne View Post
    ...

    Homemade pie chaser.
    It all looks tasty!

    Where's that Ymm, Smoked Pie thread?

    -jk

  9. #249
    Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    It all looks tasty!

    Where's that Ymm, Smoked Pie thread?

    -jk
    Where's the vanilla ice cream?

  10. #250
    Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    very nice! I'm a four hours at 225 guy myself, be it on the grill or (in frigid weather) in the oven.
    p.s. did you cook with a rub only, or is there sauce on there as well?
    Just the rub. Not very much though as I was using the Head Country commercial rub and only had about half a 6 oz. jar left.
    My other go to rub is one I got out of the wife's Southern Living magazine a long time ago from a place named John Wills in Memphis. Online now: https://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/dry-spices

    Red color is from the smoke. Used some oak wine barrel chips along with chunks of a plum tree I have that I trim regularly.

  11. #251
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Vermont
    Quote Originally Posted by BigWayne View Post
    Just the rub. Not very much though as I was using the Head Country commercial rub and only had about half a 6 oz. jar left.
    My other go to rub is one I got out of the wife's Southern Living magazine a long time ago from a place named John Wills in Memphis. Online now: https://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/dry-spices

    Red color is from the smoke. Used some oak wine barrel chips along with chunks of a plum tree I have that I trim regularly.
    nice...I've been curating some ribs, I'll manage a day of smoking when the weather cooperates...I've grabbed some nice recipes and rubs from Thrill of the Grill...almost nice to set up some ribs and then concentrate on a cold drink or two...

  12. #252
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    yes, keeping the oven off during the hottest days here (like today, expected to be 94 or 95, hottest May day ever on record) is always a goal...I see much experimentation ahead, given the complete lack of restaurant meals on the horizon...
    It's toasty today...not Vermont toasty though! (How weird is that?)
    Toasty enough to do two trays of burritos on the grill.

    GrilledBurritos.jpg
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

  13. #253
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh
    Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    It's toasty today...not Vermont toasty though! (How weird is that?)
    Toasty enough to do two trays of burritos on the grill.

    GrilledBurritos.jpg
    Hey, why haven't we seen any of those at tailgates?

    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

  14. #254
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Vermont

    don't try this at home, kids

    a not recommended Russian grilling technique: https://www.russianlife.com/stories/...eid=424dc42cda

  15. #255
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Undisclosed
    In a rush to get and out of the butcher shop, I grabbed a pork shoulder instead of the two butts I thought I was getting. An 18.5 lb. hunk-o-meat.

    Anything different than smoking butts? Maybe trim a bit (normally don’t do that on butts, only on packer cut briskets)? Or any ideas on unique prep/cooking?

  16. #256
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    In a rush to get and out of the butcher shop, I grabbed a pork shoulder instead of the two butts I thought I was getting. An 18.5 lb. hunk-o-meat.

    Anything different than smoking butts? Maybe trim a bit (normally don’t do that on butts, only on packer cut briskets)? Or any ideas on unique prep/cooking?
    I do both the exact same way. Often I will cut the skin/fat off, rub underneath, and then cook with it back in place. 18 lbs...mmmm. That's an all day (or all night and half the morning) smoke. Must have come off a nice sized hog. (I love to get a whole picnic, which is both the shoulder and the butt. Invite a crowd after COVID passes and have fun with that one day.)
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

  17. #257
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Vermont
    me too, c'est la meme chose pretty much. They're both cut from the shoulder.

  18. #258
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    I do both the exact same way. Often I will cut the skin/fat off, rub underneath, and then cook with it back in place. 18 lbs...mmmm. That's an all day (or all night and half the morning) smoke. Must have come off a nice sized hog. (I love to get a whole picnic, which is both the shoulder and the butt. Invite a crowd after COVID passes and have fun with that one day.)
    Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    me too, c'est la meme chose pretty much. They're both cut from the shoulder.
    Thanks to you both! They had some 20+ pounders but it wouldn't fit on my BGE. (I need a smoker like CB&B's -- paint job included!)

  19. #259
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Vermont
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Thanks to you both! They had some 20+ pounders but it wouldn't fit on my BGE. (I need a smoker like CB&B's -- paint job included!)
    that's why every bbq chef needs to have a nice chain saw. Cuts up the road kill real nice, too.

  20. #260
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    that's why every bbq chef needs to have a nice chain saw. Cuts up the road kill real nice, too.
    "Whether from a gun or a Goodyear, it's still good meat."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •