Page 22 of 31 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast
    Does anyone know if weber kettles can be reconditioned? If someonr does this ?I have one my father gave me 20 years ago .id love to keep her .
    But she is starting to show her age ?

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by wavedukefan70s View Post
    Does anyone know if weber kettles can be reconditioned? If someonr does this ?I have one my father gave me 20 years ago .id love to keep her .
    But she is starting to show her age ?
    Replacement parts are always available. That and a fresh coat of paint will go a long way.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Replacement parts are always available. That and a fresh coat of paint will go a long way.
    I thought it was some kind of special ceramic ?strip and paint i can do .

gotta bump this...the 2021 Smoked Chicken Season kicks off with grill prep at 4pm today, there will be books to be read and beers to be sipped, glorious weather for the three hour process.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    gotta bump this...the 2021 Smoked Chicken Season kicks off with grill prep at 4pm today, there will be books to be read and beers to be sipped, glorious weather for the three hour process.
    Enjoy!

Okay, what's everyone cooking up this weekend?

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Okay, what's everyone cooking up this weekend?
    I've got family coming for weekend. Tomorrow is our planned full day, including an outdoor party before the fireworks. Knowing I'm going to be running around with them most of Sunday, and since I have the time today, I've got a 9lb butt on the grill as of 8am this morning, so all I have to do is pull and sauce it tonight, and reheat it tomorrow. Tomorrow the big smoker will also be decorated with chicken, shrimp, a hot dog or two, and a few appetizers.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Dino ribs from Porter Road tomorrow. Will do them on the big green egg. Salt and pepper. Then 275 for about 8 hours until they hit 200-205 internal temp. Will serve with a peach and arugula salad.

Quote Originally Posted by freshmanjs View Post
    Dino ribs from Porter Road tomorrow. Will do them on the big green egg. Salt and pepper. Then 275 for about 8 hours until they hit 200-205 internal temp. Will serve with a peach and arugula salad.
    peach arugula salad.jpgjuly 4 ribs.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by freshmanjs View Post
    Solid work. Hope it tasted as good as it looks.

Hmmm, I guess I'll crash this thread with my burger question. Preferred protein to fat ratio in your burger meat? I typically lean to 85/15 or 93/7, which I know isn't ideal but makes me feel better. Going all in on 80/20 tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Hmmm, I guess I'll crash this thread with my burger question. Preferred protein to fat ratio in your burger meat? I typically lean to 85/15 or 93/7, which I know isn't ideal but makes me feel better. Going all in on 80/20 tonight.
    80/20 burgers.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    80/20 burgers.
    This is the correct answer if you are looking for the tastiest burger.

80/20.

Hmmm, should I mention this here? My dilemma, thick (1 1/2") Prime ribeyes, how should I cook them? I had a discussion earlier this week. Charcoal - least control, gas grill - a bit more, oven then sear, or sous vide then sear (greatest control). Am I right in thinking about the heat control? And how should I cook the steaks?

Hmmm, should I mention this here? My dilemma, thick (1 1/2") Prime ribeyes, how should I cook them? I had a discussion earlier this week. Charcoal - least control, gas grill - a bit more, oven then sear, or sous vide then sear (greatest control). Am I right in thinking about the heat control? And how should I cook the steaks?
    Honestly, if you want the greatest control over cooking, use the Alton Brown cooking method. It combines a quick sear and quick short, hot oven. It has never failed me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Honestly, if you want the greatest control over cooking, use the Alton Brown cooking method. It combines a quick sear and quick short, hot oven. It has never failed me.
    Hmm, I do have 3 steaks and only need to cook one at a time. The strike against the oven in my mind is the time involved and the heat it puts into the kitchen. It is still in the high 90s here outside. Yeah it isn't like I'm baking something for an hour and 15 minutes but 500F definitely takes time to get to temperature as well as to cool down. This is also what makes outside grilling a little less attractive. I know, first world problems.

Hmm, I do have 3 steaks and only need to cook one at a time. The strike against the oven in my mind is the time involved and the heat it puts into the kitchen. It is still in the high 90s here outside. Yeah it isn't like I'm baking something for an hour and 15 minutes but 500F definitely takes time to get to temperature as well as to cool down. This is also what makes outside grilling a little less attractive. I know, first world problems.
    Then put that method in your back pocket for fall season. It's idiot-proof. Trust me, I would know.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Then put that method in your back pocket for fall season. It's idiot-proof. Trust me, I would know.
    This sounds like a challenge to me.

I always, always, always use a digital thermometer when cooking a steak, pork loin, etc. Doesn’t matter what method of cooking I choose. Thus, I don’t worry at all about trying to control my BGE or the oven. Cook to temp and you really can’t go wrong.
    “Coach said no 3s.” - Zion on The Block