Page 21 of 31 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by wavedukefan70s View Post
    Back in the day. We used to wrap hotdogs
    And put them on top of 3208 caterpillar engines .as we ran heavy equipment . So they were cooked For lunch .
    It will heat up a can of chunky soup too.
    there ya go, this country was built on ingenuity!

Meanwhile, I've suspended grilling and smoking operations as it's snowing with 50 mph wind gusts...but tomorrow it's supposed to be 65 and sunny, so activities will resume! Typical "Spring" here...

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Does grilling Bud and Bud Light make it drinkable?
    “Coach said no 3s.” - Zion on The Block

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Rosenrosen View Post
    Seems it would make it, uh, warm?

can I ask what store put that together? It strikes me as, well, inane...for people incapable of selecting a steak AND a beer on their own? Sheesh!

This reminds me of a joke:

So, a guy I'd going through the check out line. The cashier is pretty cute and is scanning his items. One steak, one potato, two beers.

She finishes ringing him up and say "so, I bet you're single..."

He smiles and replies "oh, because of what I'm buying? I bet you can tell a lot from what a person brings to the register."

She hands him his receipt and says "nah, you're just really ugly."

/Ba-dum-tisssss

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    can I ask what store put that together? It strikes me as, well, inane...for people incapable of selecting a steak AND a beer on their own? Sheesh!
    Don’t know, someone sent it to me.

Is that chicken sitting there between the steak and the “beer?”

If so, maybe they call this cross contamination special.

Edit: Zoomed in and now I see it’s a potato.
    “Coach said no 3s.” - Zion on The Block

Is that chicken sitting there between the steak and the “beer?”

If so, maybe they call this cross contamination special.

Edit: Zoomed in and now I see it’s a potato.
    I was trying to ignore the potato, but yeah, that's what they've done. Wonder who got an award for that idea?

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    I was trying to ignore the potato, but yeah, that's what they've done. Wonder who got an award for that idea?
    Just think how many beers got restocked after hanging out in the wrapper with aged steak.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Umpossible
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Today I got myself a new project to work on over the next few weeks. Has lots of rust, a few holes, but overall the foundation is there and it's sturdy. And it made it the 30 mile highway trip home without falling into pieces.

Attachment 12797

Attachment 12798

I did promise my girlfriend that once it is functional, I'll sell one of my other grills. (Grumble, grumble, grumble)
    Grill update. I took this to TNTdevil's yesterday. Before I started making permanent mistakes, I wanted to see how the grill we use for tailgating was put together. (Same size, very different design.)

Made lots of progress, and even though I've never used a welder before, I managed to keep all my hippie hair.

WeldingGrill.jpg

WeldingGrill2.jpg

WeldingGrill3.jpg

I could actually cook on it now if I wanted, but I've still got lots more to do, but functionally and aesthetically.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Grill update. I took this to TNTdevil's yesterday. Before I started making permanent mistakes, I wanted to see how the grill we use for tailgating was put together. (Same size, very different design.)

Made lots of progress, and even though I've never used a welder before, I managed to keep all my hippie hair.

WeldingGrill.jpg

WeldingGrill2.jpg

WeldingGrill3.jpg

I could actually cook on it now if I wanted, but I've still got lots more to do, but functionally and aesthetically.
    Awesome work CBB. Can’t wait to see some pics of meat cooking on the new rig.

I purchased a FireBoard for my BGE several weeks ago and have done 2 long smokes with it. One was an overnight brisket for Easter lunch. Turned out well but I had a little more temperature fluctuation than I expected (-2 to +7). Only got to +7 on one occasion but hit +5 a couple of other times. Figured out how to dial it in before the second brisket 10 days later. The result was exceptional. Bark and smoke ring were spot on and even the flat was as moist as you could want.

D01F50EB-F381-4EE2-8E2B-8670E7284F6F.jpg
    DF7E2CF5-51B1-4EC2-B6A0-781905F50DA4.jpg

Grill update.

I gave the smoker it's first seasoning yesterday, and was really pleased with how it performed. Today I started working on the paint job. On Facebook, someone had suggested that I tie-dye it, and I loved that idea, so I gave it a shot with high heat paint that I picked up at the car parts store.

TieDyeGrillBack.jpg

TieDyeGrillSide2.jpg

TieDyeGrillOpen.jpg

Grill update.

I gave the smoker it's first seasoning yesterday, and was really pleased with how it performed. Today I started working on the paint job. On Facebook, someone had suggested that I tie-dye it, and I loved that idea, so I gave it a shot with high heat paint that I picked up at the car parts store.

TieDyeGrillBack.jpg

TieDyeGrillSide2.jpg

TieDyeGrillOpen.jpg
    Nice. Now you just need to start following Phish!

-jk

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post

-jk
    Nah, he’s more OG than that.

Jerry’s gone, but Dead & Co. is on the loose.

I think it's Bill Walton.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    I think it's Bill Walton.
    CB&B may be taller.

CB&B may be taller.
    Definitely taller than me

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post

-jk
    Nah, he’s more OG than that.

Jerry’s gone, but Dead & Co. is on the loose.
    I'll politely quell my thoughts on Phish.

For now, I'm done painting! I gave it a clear coat finish this morning. It is getting its first true use this coming weekend. I am having friends bring me whatever meats they'd like me to cook, since that makes more sense in rushing out and buying a pig. Expecting to spend Friday night with a brisket or two, some butts, and of course a few rib racks.

TieDyeGrill.jpg