Thread: jalek felton

jalek felton

I know he's signed to unc. But he did say he didn't want to go there if they couldn't compete for a title. If we miss on duval and coleman any chance he comes to duke. Mods feel free to move this

Quote Originally Posted by olegreg View Post
    I know he's signed to unc. But he did say he didn't want to go there if they couldn't compete for a title. If we miss on duval and coleman any chance he comes to duke. Mods feel free to move this
    Oh dear goodness, the Tar Heels would lose their I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this. if A) UNC was slapped with severe penalties, and B) Felton de-committed from them only to commit to Duke instead. That would be an intensely difficult thing for the UNC fans to accept. I almost want this exact scenario to play out, along with Kevin Knox committing to Duke, now that I think about it. Muahahahahahaha!

Jalek Felton was suspended from UNC-Chapel Hill and its basketball team in 2018 because he was found to have violated the university’s policy on sexual assault and sexual violence, according to information the university released on Thursday.

A 6-3 guard, Felton was expelled from the UNC system, ordered to have no contact with the person who filed the complaint against him, and was banned from campus for four years, according to the UNC documents obtained by The News & Observer.

The information, not previously made public, was released by UNC as a result of a lawsuit The Herald-Sun, Charlotte Observer and several other media outlets filed against UNC over its failure to release information related to sexual assaults on its Chapel Hill campus.
    https://www.newsobserver.com/article...#storylink=cpy

Boy am I glad Felton didn't commit to Duke!

Had a feeling Felton did something pretty serious back then. Like DBA just said, glad Duke didn't have to deal with that.

Just take the 't' out if his last name!

UNC was able to sweep it under the rug, but they weren't able to keep him on the team. Things certainly are changing over there on the hill. Another few decades and maybe they'll play by all the rules.

Of course, according to the article, Ole Roy knew nothing about it and has been instructed not to comment on it because, well, he knew nothing about it.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by PackMan97 View Post
    UNC was able to sweep it under the rug, but they weren't able to keep him on the team. Things certainly are changing over there on the hill. Another few decades and maybe they'll play by all the rules.
    What gets me, is that they did all of this based on the victim's complaint. She was brave to come forward to someone at the school about this, so it is kind of surprising that she didn't go to the local authorities as well. Without putting actions into anyone else's shoes, I hope the school did not pressure her into keeping quiet.

Now that this story is out, IF they did, it would not surprise me if we didn't hear about it one way or the other.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

The omnipresent rumor at UNC was that Jalek was the UNC version of Johnny Appleseed but that what he was handing out was no apple and incurable. If true, that's a crime but doesn't come close to a physical sexual assault.

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlu View Post
    Of course, according to the article, Ole Roy knew nothing about it and has been instructed not to comment on it because, well, he knew nothing about it.
    Roy didn’t know, but half of Chapel Hell did. Co-worker of mine knew the details way back and the Johnny Appleseed quote above is apt. But Roy never knew😡

Quote Originally Posted by 4Gen View Post
    The omnipresent rumor at UNC was that Jalek was the UNC version of Johnny Appleseed but that what he was handing out was no apple and incurable. If true, that's a crime but doesn't come close to a physical sexual assault.
    I'm pretty sure that rumor made an appearance on this message board shortly after his dismissal.

Quote Originally Posted by subzero02 View Post
    I'm pretty sure that rumor made an appearance on this message board shortly after his dismissal.
    Not surprisingly an IC post stated that UNC handled the Felton matter much better than K handled the Sulaimon matter. Go figure.