Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

MBB: Duke vs Tennessee State (12/19, 7 pm, ESPN2) Pre Game and In Game Thread

Nine days between games is always an eternity for fans. It is time to discuss the Duke - Tennessee State game.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    Nine days between games is always an eternity for fans. It is time to discuss the Duke - Tennessee State game.
    It is an eternity for us but is a blessing to those who are healing...

Duke has a huge advantage in this game, so the discussion should center on Giles. Is it the right place for him to get some PT. I wouldn't expect him to get much over 15 minutes as it would be his first time playing in so long a period. But it would be important to get him started in his incorporation into the team play. We need him going forward and we need him playing at a high level to up our chances for a national championship.

Capel, according to the front page article, says Giles is physically ready. It's the mental piece that's missing right now.

If that's the case, I can think of no better time to get him some PT than tomorrow night.

One more "clarification" from K or Capel about Giles and I'll get dizzy and fall down. We'll know he's playing...when he's playing.

Quote Originally Posted by NYBri View Post
    Capel, according to the front page article, says Giles is physically ready. It's the mental piece that's missing right now.

If that's the case, I can think of no better time to get him some PT than tomorrow night.
    Agreed. Best possible game to integrate Giles into the rotation is Tennessee State. Elon in GSO would be another option, but a few mins vs TSU in CIS followed up with increased mins vs Elon is optimal.

Va Tech wouldn't be ideal. Trying to get his sea legs back on the road against against a decent ACC team that likes to play at a fast pace isn't great. Ga Tech in CIS would be better than VPI if Giles doesn't play earlier.

Also hope Bolden gets some good minutes as he will be key to rebounding and defending bigs once ACC play starts. I don't expect Giles to get starter minutes for at least 1 month though hope I am wrong.

tenn st record isn't too bad and they played NC state pretty close...could they be better than UNLV?

Quote Originally Posted by jbay201 View Post
    tenn st record isn't too bad and they played NC state pretty close...could they be better than UNLV?
    Yes, they could. According to Pomeroy, Tennessee State is #130 and UNLV is #186. According to Sagarin, Tenn St is #115 while UNLV is #185. According to Massey Composite (to the extent that I can read it), Tenn St is #111 while UNLV is #201.

Duke opened as 23 point favorite and was quickly bet up to 24

I'd bet all my Star Wars figurines that Harry plays tomorrow. Well, all of my figurines except Boba Fett. No matter how sure I am, I never risk the Fett Man.
    Whatever the hell "it" is, Jabari found it.

-Roy "Ole Huck" Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Dukehky View Post
    I'd bet all my Star Wars figurines that Harry plays tomorrow. Well, all of my figurines except Boba Fett. No matter how sure I am, I never risk the Fett Man.
    Fett Man Rocks.

Quote Originally Posted by jbay201 View Post
    Also hope Bolden gets some good minutes as he will be key to rebounding and defending bigs once ACC play starts. I don't expect Giles to get starter minutes for at least 1 month though hope I am wrong.

While I certainly hope he's healthy, and he's obviously a plus...I disagree that he will be key to rebounding and defending bigs.

I'd put amile and jayson up against any front court in the country at this point.
    April 1

Quote Originally Posted by Dukehky View Post
    I think you're right. A little uncertainty will make his ovation even louder when he enters the game in Cameron.

Tomorrow is going to be like Christmas Day for Duke fans.

Tomorrow is my birthday. A little Harry Giles playing time would make for a great present.

Quote Originally Posted by devilsince1977 View Post
    Tomorrow is my birthday. A little Harry Giles playing time would make for a great present.
    Happy Birthday!
    And yes I'd love for Harry to play some.
    I hope that you have a great birthday.

I hope Harry plays. Through a series of unfortunate events, I have llamas as my Facebook avatar and home page until he does.

Don't ask. Love of family and Duke. 'Nuf said.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    I hope Harry plays. Through a series of unfortunate events, I have llamas as my Facebook avatar and home page until he does.

Don't ask. Love of family and Duke. 'Nuf said.
    I wondered what the llamas were for...

Tennessee State pushed NC State, but we aren't NC State.

Quote Originally Posted by Merlindevildog91 View Post
    I wondered what the llamas were for...

Tennessee State pushed NC State, but we aren't NC State.
    Alas, it is a sad and sordid tale. Or should I say, tail.

I have been hearing things both positive and negative regarding Giles' return tonight. Anyone with actual intel?

Super stoked for tonight for dozens of reasons! Let's go Duke!