Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by wavedukefan70s View Post
    Wando has 4000 dorman 3500 give or take 300.summerville has 3200 after being split twice into 1800 or2000 Ashley ridge and 2300 fort Dorchester. A lot of 1600 to 2100 student schools now.growth in the Charleston area is unreal.the addition of bmw factory near Greer has had a effect in that area.charleston area has a Boeing factory now Volvo near summerville not to mention Mercedes and all the smaller companies that support them all.schools are filling up as fast as they are built .unfortunately they forgot to build roads to handle the traffic...
    In the 80s, I was "voice of" the Camden Bulldogs and the Lugoff Elgin Demons (football) for a while...did a Bethune 1A championship basketball game from the coliseum. Camden was a small 4A at the time, and Lugoff was 2A or 3A can't remember. There was no 5A in SC then. State is growing, four really pretty good areas to live and work (Grand Strand, Upstate, Cola and Low Country).

Quote Originally Posted by HereBeforeCoachK View Post
    In the 80s, I was "voice of" the Camden Bulldogs and the Lugoff Elgin Demons (football) for a while...did a Bethune 1A championship basketball game from the coliseum. Camden was a small 4A at the time, and Lugoff was 2A or 3A can't remember. There was no 5A in SC then. State is growing, four really pretty good areas to live and work (Grand Strand, Upstate, Cola and Low Country).
    I have lived in upstate SC for over 30 years and in the early eighties the center of Greenville was dead. Now it's packed and those danged youngters (under 60) like downtown convenience. For the past several years apartments and condos have been going up and filling up quickly. My metaphoric lawn is getting awfully crowded.

Quote Originally Posted by camion View Post
    I have lived in upstate SC for over 30 years and in the early eighties the center of Greenville was dead. Now it's packed and those danged youngters (under 60) like downtown convenience. For the past several years apartments and condos have been going up and filling up quickly. My metaphoric lawn is getting awfully crowded.
    Same thing here places I use to ride my bicycle I don't even like to drive.
    As for football kids are getting huge more people larger talent pool.
    Our B team had 40 players roughly with quite a few 6'1 300 range then a few my kids size (5'9" 250 range).those were varsity size players when I was in school.the population explosion has a effect on school sports and resources.
    I fear we are growing to quickly. Or we are failing to build the infrastructure quickly enough to manage the influx of people. I actually considered moving to Greer or Duncan near Greenville. You guys have some serious traffic there aswell.

Well tom got three in a row .his team won 59 to 20.
    Was a very close game till mid / late in the third.

Thought i remembered you saying lugoff elgin.they had a tight game with summerville last night 14 to 10 .the greenwave scored with 21 seconds left.
    My sons team crushed Lexington.
    We have a game we should win.then we get to play tom knotts and dutch fork.we have a decent shot to upset them.
    Im proud of my kid and his team .here are him and his two buddies 3 sophmores .two 6ft 3 300 pluses and 5ft 10 270 o limen 4.0 gpa and higher.

Last edited by wavedukefan70s; 11-09-2019 at 10:49 PM.

Well its us vs Tom knotts again.
    Excellent coach but hes giving me a headache.
    Sr season. Last home game .

Camden did well this year had a good run.
    We actually won thr hogman benchpress competition there.

Quote Originally Posted by wavedukefan70s View Post
    Well its us vs Tom knotts again.
    Excellent coach but hes giving me a headache.
    Sr season. Last home game .
    Tom Knotts coached my high school (long after I graduated) to five or six straight state championships.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Tom Knotts coached my high school (long after I graduated) to five or six straight state championships.
    Hes doing same here .we get him from time to to time .

Quote Originally Posted by killerleft View Post
    Silly! That was his dad, Don. Kinda scrawny for a football player, though.
    He’s not skinny! He’s wiry!