Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shia LaBeouf's film Man Down is crushing it in the U.K. Too bad we didn't start the contest in time to see it included.

(CNN)Will the one person who purchased a ticket to see Shia LaBeouf's new war movie please step forward?

"Man Down" opened in the UK this weekend, and Variety reported that only one ticket was purchased.
    The film screened at a single theater, Reel Cinema in Burnley, England, and according to the cross platform measurement company ComScore, raked in £7, or about $8.70.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    As if I wasn't already excited for Christopher Nolan's Dunkirk... he just spoke at an industry conference and said the only way to see his film is through the immersive experience of being in a theater. Many in the movie biz have been talking about finding other channels for distribution. Hollywood is actively talking about the $30-$40 pay per view (cheaper than taking a family of 4 to the movies!) approx. 2 weeks after a major movie releases. Nolan is actively campaigning for films to be seen in theaters!
    I'm looking forward to it. Do you have an opinion to share on Colossal, Jason?

Quote Originally Posted by RPS View Post
    I'm looking forward to it. Do you have an opinion to share on Colossal, Jason?
    I had a screening a few days ago but my son had a baseball game and I could not make it. Folks I know who have seen it say it is quite strange at times and it tries for humor in some ways that just do not work, but many of them say they really enjoyed its unconventional story and execution. It is not for everyone, that's for sure.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

I had a screening a few days ago but my son had a baseball game and I could not make it. Folks I know who have seen it say it is quite strange at times and it tries for humor in some ways that just do not work, but many of them say they really enjoyed its unconventional story and execution. It is not for everyone, that's for sure.
    That's consistent with what I've heard and read. Thanks, Jason.

quite strange at times and it tries for humor in some ways that just do not work
    Sounds like my posts here at DBR.