Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post

I need to hunt for some 9mm again this weekend.
    Are they in season?

Quote Originally Posted by plimnko View Post
    anyone have any experience with the new glock 44?
    Limited, but yes. I helped a friend and his SO sight in their lasers. They had little to no experience so I shot their pistols and adjusted the lasers to the groups.
    Shoots reasonably well, very low felt recoil. Reliably accurate (I was shooting .5 inch groups @ 5yds). Fits smaller hands comfortably.
    Both pistols were relatively new. No failures to feed or eject shooting inexpensive CCI .22lr standard velocity ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultrarunner View Post
    Limited, but yes. I helped a friend and his SO sight in their lasers. They had little to no experience so I shot their pistols and adjusted the lasers to the groups.
    Shoots reasonably well, very low felt recoil. Reliably accurate (I was shooting .5 inch groups @ 5yds). Fits smaller hands comfortably.
    Both pistols were relatively new. No failures to feed or eject shooting inexpensive CCI .22lr standard velocity ammo.
    I was skeptical about buying one. I had read and had seen reviews on YouTube. I took it to the range last week and shot mostly CCI and also some bulk Federal. I had one failure in about 300 rounds and that was an ammo issue....the bulk Federal. I'm glad I didn't listen to the reviews. I found it to be reliable, fun, and cheap to shoot.

Quote Originally Posted by Nrrrrvous View Post
    Too bad we're not closer. I would take the 30 cal and 30-06 off your hands...
    Im near charleston sc.if your close you can have it.

Quote Originally Posted by wavedukefan70s View Post
    12 hour round trip might be a bit much, even for me.
    "That young man has an extra step on his ladder the rest of us just don't have."

Is it ok if I send my sister to pick it up, she lives in Hanahan?

On second thought I can just imagine the conversation..."Hey, sis. Can you go to some stranger's house that I met on the internet? he's got some spare ammo he's giving away and I'd like you to pick it up. *click* Sis? Are you there? I guess that was a no".

12 hour round trip might be a bit much, even for me.
    yeah thats a run .

Quote Originally Posted by PackMan97 View Post
    Is it ok if I send my sister to pick it up, she lives in Hanahan?

On second thought I can just imagine the conversation..."Hey, sis. Can you go to some stranger's house that I met on the internet? he's got some spare ammo he's giving away and I'd like you to pick it up. *click* Sis? Are you there? I guess that was a no".
    yeah its fine thursday or friday .
    I can meet at a public area if you woukd like.
    Anyways .my email is wavefan70s@gmail.com. email me we can figure details out.

Really regret not purchasing the S&W 442 a few weeks back.

Now I can't find it ANYWHERE.

Gunbroker has plenty .you just have to find your local ffl dealer when purchasing .it has to be shipped to a person or buisness with a ffl. Usually between a 25 qnd 50 dollar charge.lIcql firearms dealer can help you.
    If your in north carolina you need someone whom knows the laws.i have refused to sell weapons to nc residents because i do not know thier laws .from what i am told they run undercover purchases a lot to catch people.

There is a huge gun show in RVA this weekend. Friend of mine is going. (I'm not going anywhere near it!) I'm going to see if I can get a report back on what they actually have.
    "That young man has an extra step on his ladder the rest of us just don't have."

IMG_9350.jpg

Not sure if I shared these before, but took two of mine shooting a few weeks back up in New Hampshire.

A Baker Rifle, and an 1873 Winchester lever action.

Took this photo after cleaning them

Gunbroker has plenty .you just have to find your local ffl dealer when purchasing .it has to be shipped to a person or buisness with a ffl. Usually between a 25 qnd 50 dollar charge.lIcql firearms dealer can help you.
    If your in north carolina you need someone whom knows the laws.i have refused to sell weapons to nc residents because i do not know thier laws .from what i am told they run undercover purchases a lot to catch people.
    Gee, my locall FFL charges $10.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Ash View Post
    IMG_9350.jpg

Not sure if I shared these before, but took two of mine shooting a few weeks back up in New Hampshire.

A Baker Rifle, and an 1873 Winchester lever action.

Took this photo after cleaning them
    Love 'em! I have a Winchester '94, just picked it up a couple weeks ago.

Love 'em! I have a Winchester '94, just picked it up a couple weeks ago.
    Nice! What round is it chambered for? Mine is a .45.

Love the old guns Also have a Bess and a Remington Zouave downstairs

Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    Gee, my locall FFL charges $10.
    25 and up around here.smh

25 and up around here.smh
    I must admit that I last used him about 5 or 6 years ago. He may be higher now.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Ash View Post
    Nice! What round is it chambered for? Mine is a .45.

Love the old guns Also have a Bess and a Remington Zouave downstairs
    I went with the classic 30-30. Was the first gun I used to hunt deer back about 40 years ago. Felt really good to hold/shoot one again.

I will probably go (with a handful of friends) to the early Oct. show at the Dulles Expo Center. Northern Virgina area folks, if you are interested in saying "Hi," give me a holler. 🙂

I have an antique muzzle loader that's been in my family for quite some time. Does anyone know of a Triangle area dealer that might be able to tell me more about and/or appraise/restore it. It's not in bad shape, but it's had virtually nothing done to it for 30 years. I remember my dad firing it once many many moons ago (maybe 35-40 years).

It makes a great home defense weapon...how needs a baseball bat when you have a six foot long 1/4" thick metal barrel!