Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    Depends on how much the picture favors you...
    No pictures on them. Just take a Sharpie and change the name

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    No pictures on them. Just take a Sharpie and change the name
    In Florida they have a picture (or should I say Mug Shot).

Quote Originally Posted by BLPOG View Post
    Not to complain about a good thing, but...about darn time.

For those in the DC metropolitan area, do you have any recommendations regarding ranges in Northern Virginia or Maryland?
    Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas is awesome. Chad Dukes on 106.7 the fan does ads for them. Very, very nice.

The NRA national shooting range in Fairfax is very nice but ALWAYS packed.

Blue Ridge Arsenal is fine, but pretty run of the mill.

I’m a member of IWLA, the Izaac Walton League of America. They are a national organization of outdoor sportsman who fight for environmental issues like clean water and land preservation from the hunting/fishing side of the spectrum. They have hundreds of chapters all over the country. Most chapters have shooting ranges that are free to use for dues paying members. Stafford’s chapter has several really nice outdoor ranges: a 25 yard pistol range, a 100 yard rifle range, a fully functional shotgun range, and a woodsy archery range. They also have fishing. Of course, if you don’t live near Stafford, that might not be for you, but there are other chapters in the area. If you shoot a lot, $200-ish per year (depending on chapter) for unlimited range time is a deal. Some chapters have indoor ranges.

There used to be one in Newington called Gilbert’s, but they were bought out and I’m not sure they’re open anymore. They were kinda same level as Blue Ridge. Just looked it up. It’s now called Sharpshooters. It’s in an industrial park, but it’s not a bad little indoor range. Small but not bad. Conveniently RIGHT off I-95 just south of springfield.

Those are the ones I know of. If you want to shoot a lot and like the outdoors (or indoors for other chapters), I’d recommend IWLA. If you want indoor shooting with ALL the bells and whistles, you can’t go wrong with Elite. IMHO.

If you live in VA, I would avoid trying to shoot in MD like the plague. One of my instructors (lives in MD) told me he got arrested once because a cop found an empty brass on the floor of his car during a traffic stop. No gun or live ammo in the car, just an empty brass shell casing. I don’t even want to try to deal with that.
    Last edited by bjornolf; 06-17-2019 at 06:24 AM.

Getting anxious about my AR kit that I ordered. Still says "processing"

Getting anxious about my AR kit that I ordered. Still says "processing"
    Go_to_Jail.jpg
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    It is my fault. I should have just made the one hour drive and picked it up in person
    Last edited by mattman91; 06-17-2019 at 10:47 AM.

It has arrived! I just have to pick up the lower after work tomorrow.

Now all I need are the tools and a good YouTube video to explain how to put it together

It has arrived! I just have to pick up the lower after work tomorrow.

Now all I need are the tools and a good YouTube video to explain how to put it together

I have been thinking about different ways to finish a lower recently. I haven't done it before so I'm not sure how practical it would be, but I think it would be interesting to try using a very basic home-built EDM rig in place of a drill press, mill, or other tools that not everyone has lying around.

Any small snubnose revolver recommendations? I'm leaning towards the S&W 442.

Any way to order one online?
    Hard at work making beautiful things.

Quote Originally Posted by Edouble View Post
    Maybe delivery? Groceries, beer and wine now.

My local shops are still open...for now

I have the S&W 442 Airweight with the Crimson Trace laser grip. It is a superb handgun depending on your needs and uses.

I regularly do remote back-country hikes and primitive camping. I needed something light for pack purposes and night-time protection. My .357 S&W with six inch barrel was just too big and heavy.

It's not uncommon for me to encounter mountain lions, bears, wolves/coyotes, and other critters. I'm not interested in killing anything, but having some protection and scare factor is a good thing.

As a former military guy who grew up around farms and guns, I am picky. The 442 was the right choice and goes with me on all hikes and camping trips.

If you might be using it at night, the Crimson Trace laser grip is the ticket.
    Last edited by Crisker; 03-20-2020 at 07:52 PM.

Sure you can but it can ONLY be delivered to an FFL dealer and you will have to comply with all background checks and waiting periods as established be Federal and your State's law and procedure.

As to the question re thE S&W 642, it is a great lightweight .38 5 shot revolver - with all attendant + & -'s.

My local shops are still open...for now
    But do they have ammo left?

Quote Originally Posted by Crisker View Post
    I have the S&W 442 Airweight with the Crimson Trace laser grip. It is a superb handgun depending on your needs and uses.

I regularly do remote back-country hikes and primitive camping. I needed something light for pack purposes and night-time protection. My .357 S&W with six inch barrel was just too big and heavy.

It's not uncommon for me to encounter mountain lions, bears, wolves/coyotes, and other critters. I'm not interested in killing anything, but having some protection and scare factor is a good thing.

As a former military guy who grew up around farms and guns, I am picky. The 442 was the right choice and goes with me on all hikes and camping trips.

If you might be using it at night, the Crimson Trace laser grip is the ticket.
    Thanks! I do a bit of hiking myself and wondered if it would be adequate. I have larger handguns but my smallest is the Glock 19. I can CC it, but it can be a lot to lug around at times. I could technically open carry, but that is not my style

I went to a couple of local gun shops this morning...both super busy which was great to see. One had a strict 10 person limit.

Thanks! I do a bit of hiking myself and wondered if it would be adequate. I have larger handguns but my smallest is the Glock 19. I can CC it, but it can be a lot to lug around at times. I could technically open carry, but that is not my style

I went to a couple of local gun shops this morning...both super busy which was great to see. One had a strict 10 person limit.
    Good luck, and as you may have discovered, the model number for the Airweight with laser grip is 642 CT. I picked mine up at a local gun show for considerably less (~$450) than the suggested retail. I don't conceal carry, but always have it attached to the front strap of my backpack while remote hiking. It's the ideal weight and size for this purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by Crisker View Post
    Good luck, and as you may have discovered, the model number for the Airweight with laser grip is 642 CT. I picked mine up at a local gun show for considerably less (~$450) than the suggested retail. I don't conceal carry, but always have it attached to the front strap of my backpack while remote hiking. It's the ideal weight and size for this purpose.
    I saw these listed between $350-400. Might jump on it this week

I saw these listed between $350-400. Might jump on it this week
    That is a great price.

http://www.gunsholstersandgear.com/2...ry-ps9-dagger/

Alright, now this looks intriguing. I already have a Glock 19, but I'd I didn't, I'd jump on this. I'm a fan (and owner) of PSA and their very affordable rifles. I'm sure the quality/value of this is top notch.