Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by davekay1971 View Post
    You are my Hiro Protagonist.
    Whoa, Neal Stephenson? The Snow Crash guy? I loved that book!

20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor
    Quote Originally Posted by bjornolf View Post
    Woah, woah, woah. That is simply not true. MANY states require a handgun to be unloaded and locked in the trunk or in a lockbox, inaccessible the driver and passengers. There are states that allow open carry in a car, but many states, unless you have a CC for that state or one it reciprocates with, require the gun be unloaded and locked up. See here for details: http://blog.cheaperthandirt.com/gun-...united-states/ These states or city (DC) that prohibit loaded handguns in cars include but are not limited to: Alabama, California, Connecticut, DC, Florida (requires snapped holster), Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Maine (can be in plain view but must be unloaded), Maryland, Massachussetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Nebraska (different areas have different laws), New Jersey basically doesn't want it in their state period, New York, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Washington state. Several states that allow open carry don't want the gun accessible in the car. I guess they're trying to avoid road rage shootings.
    Thanks for the info. I will research the site you linked.. I know for sure you can have a loaded handgun in your vehicle in NC without any permit as long as it is not concealed. I will read up on that site regarding the states you listed.

Also, up until recently a NC CC Permit was reciprocated in Virginia, however they no longer do that, but like NC it is legal to have a loaded handgun in your vehicle as long as it is not concealed, in the state of Virginia. I am very surprised that Alabama does not allow that.

Edit: I just checked the site and Alabama allows a NC CC Permit Holder to have a loaded handgun in the vehicle with them. Those that don't have a CC must store them unloaded in the trunk, or in a locked box inaccessible to driver and passengers. Below is from the article:
    Alabama
    Keep your handguns unloaded and cased in the trunk or locked storage area inaccessible to the driver and passengers, unless you have a permit to carry a concealed weapon in your own state. You may only carry a loaded, concealed handgun in your car if you have a permit. You may open carry in Alabama without a permit—certain restrictions apply.
    Alabama recognizes all other states’ concealed carry permits.
    Last edited by Newton_14; 12-18-2016 at 09:23 PM.

Well, yeah, a CC permit goes past a lot of these rules assuming the state reciprocates. I was assuming no CC, as the person who asked the question didn't have one, I think.

Handgunlaws.us is really the best, imho. They update constantly and have pretty much every law from every state.

Anyone ever purchased anything from Palmetto State Armory?

Looks like Glock is releasing Gen 5 soon.

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    Looks like Glock is releasing Gen 5 soon.
    I just bought a Glock 19 gen 4 about 6 months ago. I thought it had only been out for about a year. Gen 3 were still available when i bought mine.
    Tom Mac

Quote Originally Posted by Tommac View Post
    I just bought a Glock 19 gen 4 about 6 months ago. I thought it had only been out for about a year. Gen 3 were still available when i bought mine.
    I have the gen 3 19 and love it. I also thought the gen 4 were newer, but they apparently came out in 2010.

I have the gen 3 19 and love it. I also thought the gen 4 were newer, but they apparently came out in 2010.
    Gen 4 have been around a while. I bought my gen 4 17 in 2014, and I always wait at least three years to let them work the bugs out. They were still selling the 3s back then though.

20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor
    I have the GEN4 19 and love mine as well. Mrs N14 has the GEN 3 26, and I keep my GEN4 22 in the bedroom. All 3 are great guns that shoot really really well. I do love my Glocks!

Quote Originally Posted by bjornolf View Post
    Gen 4 have been around a while. I bought my gen 4 17 in 2014, and I always wait at least three years to let them work the bugs out. They were still selling the 3s back then though.
    "What kinds of bugs?", he says, and ducks for any number of reasons.
    Man, if your Mom made you wear that color when you were a baby, and you're still wearing it, it's time to grow up!

Quote Originally Posted by killerleft View Post
    "What kinds of bugs?", he says, and ducks for any number of reasons.
    Every once in a while, you'll see a gun with a recall. My wife, the ME, always recommends wait until Mk III when buying a car with a major redesign. I try to do the same with guns. The corrections to the new design sometimes create new problems, so by year 3, or Mk III, it's usually all good.

Local gun store near Burlington, NC is advertising the Glock 17 Gen 5 this week. So I guess Gen 5's are out.
    Tom Mac

I'm interested in a nice entry level AR-15. Any suggestions?

I'm interested in a nice entry level AR-15. Any suggestions?
    Rough timing...

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Rough timing...
    Huh?

I finally found a local range that allows rifle shooting. The reason I haven't bought one yet is I thought I would not have a place to shoot it and it would just collect dust.

Someone gave me a flaming turd comment and I'm not sure why, or why this is rough timing.
    Last edited by mattman91; 02-15-2018 at 10:39 PM.

Huh?

I finally found a local range that allows rifle shooting. The reason I haven't bought one yet is I thought I would not have a place to shoot it and it would just collect dust.

Someone gave me a flaming turd comment and I'm not sure why, or why this is rough timing.
    Not trying to go PPB, but...

One was used yesterday to gun down a whole lot of high school kids. :-/

The flaming turd probably came from someone who assumed you were making a tasteless joke.

I know you better than that, so I assume you had no idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Not trying to go PPB, but...

One was used yesterday to gun down a whole lot of high school kids. :-/

The flaming turd probably came from someone who assumed you were making a tasteless joke.

I know you better than that, so I assume you had no idea.
    Oh, gotcha,

I can't believe someone would think I was making a joke about that.

That being said, I'm still not sure what that has to do with my post/question.

Oh...lets do lunch again maybe next week. I owe you one.

Huh?

I didn’t flame you but I am quite surprised you have not seen or heard any news of the past 24 hours.

All the articles specifically mention the use of an AR-15, so heads up there.

Oh, gotcha,

I can't believe someone would think I was making a joke about that.
    Sorry, I probably ought to have just PM'd you. I know you better than that, obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by snowdenscold View Post
    I didn’t flame you but I am quite surprised you have not seen or heard any news of the past 24 hours.

All the articles specifically mention the use of an AR-15, so heads up there.
    I have heard about it, but I was not thinking about that when I made that post.