Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Too embarrassed to admit....

Time to man up (or woman up!). This may have already been done on the board, but I didn't see it, so mods feel free to remove. List those DVDs, books, TV shows, CDs, etc. that you are too embarrassed to admit in public that you watch/own. I'll start. For some reason, I enjoy the song Lucky by Bif Naked and, after being forced to watch the last few episodes, I'm kinda diggin the show One Tree Hill. But thats only this last season and I think its mostly due to the nostalgic factor. I'll list more when I can think of them, but who else can step up to the plate and admit their embarrassing little secrets???

I really like the movie "The Princess Diaries." If it ever comes on TV, I will do my best to stop what I'm doing and watch it.
    Also, I really like "The Golden Girls." So much that my current ringtone is the theme song.
    I feel pretty confident in declaring myself an embarrassing secrets frontrunner.

Field of Dreams makes me cry.
    ~rthomas

I own a DVD collection of the entire second season of the original Star Trek. And I'm going to purchase the third season soon.

Live long and prosper.

-SpockJam

Rudy and The Rookie made me cry

Also, I've watched One Tree Hill from the beginning

I thought Enchanted was an excellent movie and I watch Project Runway.
    Rich
    "Failure is Not a Destination"
    Coach K on the Dan Patrick Show, December 22, 2016

I love "Wicked Games" and "Somebody's Crying" by Chris Isaak...

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    I thought Enchanted was an excellent movie and I watch Project Runway.
    I saw Enchanted in the theater too, but I just thought it was pretty good, not great.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    I really like the movie "The Princess Diaries." If it ever comes on TV, I will do my best to stop what I'm doing and watch it.
    Also, I really like "The Golden Girls." So much that my current ringtone is the theme song.
    I feel pretty confident in declaring myself an embarrassing secrets frontrunner.
    If you're the frontrunner, I'm chasing closely behind you. I'll just start with embarassing TV shows.

Still Standing
    Reba
    John & Kate plus 8
    Extreme Makeover
    What Not to Wear
    Real Housewives of New York City
    Barefoot Contessa
    Prime Time Love (Deion and Pilar Sanders) <----This might actually be my favorite show right now.

I don't even want to think about embarassing movies and music.

Quote Originally Posted by ugadevil View Post
    If you're the frontrunner, I'm chasing closely behind you. I'll just start with embarassing TV shows.

Still Standing
    Reba
    John & Kate plus 8
    Extreme Makeover
    What Not to Wear
    Real Housewives of New York City
    Barefoot Contessa
    Prime Time Love (Deion and Pilar Sanders) <----This might actually be my favorite show right now.

I don't even want to think about embarassing movies and music.
    I enjoy What Not to Wear too. I was for some time a big Little People, Big World fan too, but that has waned somewhat of late.

Quote Originally Posted by rthomas View Post
    Field of Dreams makes me cry.
    Field of Dreams makes many guys cry. That's not so unusual. The end of Big Fish really gets to me. That and Saving Private Ryan.

Most embarrassing guilty pleasure: By choice, I've watched each episode of Paradise Hotel 2 this season (the 1am TV-MA version to boot).

I own the Greatest Hits CD of the Bangles.

AND Roxette.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    I enjoy What Not to Wear too. I was for some time a big Little People, Big World fan too, but that has waned somewhat of late.
    Completely forgot about Little People, Big World. The twin brothers crack me up.

OK...with great embarrassment for a 55 year old CPA:

One Tree Hill (Despite the UNC lean - and Nathan losing his Duke ride)
    Everwood
    Gilmore Girls
    Dawson's Creek
    (Get the theme here?)

What Not to Wear (recent discovery)

Any Hugh Grant romantic/comedy (no cracks here). In chron order:
    Four Weddings...(except Andie...ouch)
    Notting Hill (my favorite movie of all.."I'm just girl...standing in front of a boy...asking him to love her" --LOVE that scene)
    Love Actually (gets better and better - esp Keira Knightley at the doorway scene, and Lucia Moniz)
    Music and Lyrics (Drew B is cute as heck here)

Everything but the Girl - Have all their CDs..from folk-rock to dance to acoustic

I went out and saw Definitely, Maybe in theaters. And I enjoyed it.

Quote Originally Posted by snowdenscold View Post
    I went out and saw Definitely, Maybe in theaters. And I enjoyed it.
    I think that was made (produced) by the same team as Notting Hill and Love Actually. See above post ..Thus, I'm sure I'll love it (despite Ryan Reynolds)

I own the Lassie DVD collection for the TV shows - I cry every time I watch one or a movie. I love that darn dog.

Some more guilty pleasures

I love the show Psych, I'm not sure if that counts or not though. I enjoy Moonlight and Jon and Kate Plus 8 has been known to make me laugh every now and then. I own the movie Wrong Turn. Yes I know its horrible, but it makes fun of West Virginia, and having lived right across the river in Ohio, it makes me laugh. I'm excited to see the movie Wall-E, need to talk my g/f or her nephews into seeing that so I have an excuse! I kind of enjoyed the movie the Family Stone too.

I enjoy the song "See You Again" by Miley Cyrus and I am not 14.

Also, this isn't really embarrassing because it was an incredible movie - but on the theme of being affected by stuff targeted to the opposite sex - I sobbed helplessly through "Friday Night Lights."

Top this, people. Sweet Home Alabama made me cry.