Tiger Woods, not sure which version, 3.14 perhaps

Played very well thru 8 holes, then not so much the rest of the way. He's slimmed down quite a bit and is swinging easier. Looks like he's regained some mojo, just not all. I truly he hopes he makes it all the way back-good for sports, golf, etc.

He took a significant amount of time off to heal, which is a good thing. I believe one issue he has struggled with previously is returning too soon before he was truly ready to go. I wish him the best of luck!
    Bob Green

90% of the game is mental; the other half is physical

To quote Yogi Berra.

If his body is truly healed, I think the physical part of the game remains fully within Tiger's grasp. What will be interesting to watch -- and, I think, the key to his ever winning another major -- is the mental side. Yesterday he demonstrated that he could flush a 230+ yard 5-iron (!). But he admitted to making "silly mistakes" on the back nine. He needs to eliminate those. And, for now anyway, the "aura" is gone, and the pro game is very deep, and very competitive. I think the jury just barely entered the deliberation room, and will remain out for some time, but I would very much like to see professional golf with a top-notch Tiger in the mix again.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

It will be interesting to watch what happens with Tiger's return. He is using an adjustable driver for the first time, a TaylorMade M2. He kept driving left yesterday, so I wonder if he has adjusted the head a bit for today.

And he is using a Scotty Cameron putter, which was his baby for 13 major wins.

And a Bridgestone ball.

Today he is playing as a single, in last place, because Justin Rose has dropped out.
    ~rthomas

Quote Originally Posted by duketaylor View Post
    Played very well thru 8 holes, then not so much the rest of the way. He's slimmed down quite a bit and is swinging easier. Looks like he's regained some mojo, just not all. I truly he hopes he makes it all the way back-good for sports, golf, etc.
    If he's swinging easier and carrying less muscle, there is no way he makes it all the way "back." He may contend for a major or two, but he will never be the same golfer that dominated the sport.

In a few years, he's eligible for the Champions tour, he can get back to dominating the same guys he dominated over the last 20 years.

3.14 version - he's selling pies now?

Quote Originally Posted by rthomas View Post
    It will be interesting to watch what happens with Tiger's return. He is using an adjustable driver for the first time, a TaylorMade M2. He kept driving left yesterday, so I wonder if he has adjusted the head a bit for today.

And he is using a Scotty Cameron putter, which was his baby for 13 major wins.

And a Bridgestone ball.

Today he is playing as a single, in last place, because Justin Rose has dropped out.

I wonder when Tiger last played a round alone in a tourney, going off first? At any rate, it looks like he shot well on the front nine again today. Let's see if he avoids succumbing to fatigue, er, silly mistakes on the back nine.

Quote Originally Posted by cato View Post
    I wonder when Tiger last played a round alone in a tourney, going off first? At any rate, it looks like he shot well on the front nine again today. Let's see if he avoids succumbing to fatigue, er, silly mistakes on the back nine.
    He posted a very impressive -7.

Second best score of the day to Bubba Watson's -8 (still playing).

He has moved from 17 to tied for 8 - 6 strokes off the lead.

He is the only one in the clubhouse as of now, so some big scores may be still yet to come.

Quote Originally Posted by BandAlum83 View Post
    He posted a very impressive -7.

Second best score of the day to Bubba Watson's -8 (still playing).

He has moved from 17 to tied for 8 - 6 strokes off the lead.

He is the only one in the clubhouse as of now, so some big scores may be still yet to come.
    The second group is still way back, only finished 13 so far. Playing first and on his own allowed Tiger to play at his own pace and get in a groove, it would seem. No bogies and 7 birdies on the day. Nice work.

Bubba dropped a stroke also and is now -7

I certainly won't rule anything out in golf. I mean, you don't have to be an elite athlete to excel. Tom Watson has competed for majors well into his 50s (even 60 I believe).

It is a game of skill moreso than athleticism. If you have a good short game, you can win majors. Jordan Spieth hits it 50 yards short of the McIlroys and Days, yet he has multiple majors. So Tiger doesn't need to hit it 370 to compete.

WILL he contend again? Who knows? But it will hopefully be fun to watch him try.