Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

WBB: Duke @ Pepperdine

Duke leads the 0-7 Waves by 24 at the half. Duke has expertly dissected the Waves' 2-3 zone to the tune of 17 assists on 22 made FG. Greenwell and Odom already in double figures.

If you want to complain about something, complain about slow closeouts (Waves are 5-9 from three) and seven offensive rebounds given up.

Duke wins, 99-65, but really not an encouraging performance. Pepperdine found enough open looks to go 11-20 from three, and despite being at a decided size disadvantage managed 15 offensive rebounds. Duke was able to force 24 turnovers, while committing only 10, and moved the ball nicely (26 assists on 37 made FG).

Greenwell led the Blue Devils with 31, including eight made threes. A career-high 16 for Odom. Brown had a double-double (14 and 12 assists), while Cooper missed a double-double by one rebound (12 and nine).

I'm a little encouraged. We only had 10 turnovers, the game was at Pepperdine, and we only had 10 turnovers.
    Man, if your Mom made you wear that color when you were a baby, and you're still wearing it, it's time to grow up!

Duke's next opponent, Rutgers, is a shocking number 310 in the RPI, per realtimerpi.com. The Scarlet Knights are looking very much like the Black Knight, at 0-5 with losses to Chattanooga, Elon, Wake, UVa, and Princeton (by 30).

Duke is currently sitting at number 62, with a SOS ranking of 158. Other than Vandy (17), Duke has played only one top-150 opponent (Long Beach, number 137).

Didn't see it until the official box score posted, but Odom had her first career double-double with 16 and 10 rebounds (nine offensive!).

I moved. Now 12 miles from Heaven, 13 from Hell
    Quote Originally Posted by burnspbesq View Post
    Duke's next opponent, Rutgers, is a shocking number 310 in the RPI, per realtimerpi.com. The Scarlet Knights are looking very much like the Black Knight, at 0-5 with losses to Chattanooga, Elon, Wake, UVa, and Princeton (by 30).

Duke is currently sitting at number 62, with a SOS ranking of 158. Other than Vandy (17), Duke has played only one top-150 opponent (Long Beach, number 137).
    I've watched Rutgers live twice this year, against Elon and against Wake. They lost a lot of seniors from last season, their best scorer has been out (I believe she returned in their loss to Princeton Friday) and it's a young team. Not a lot of chemistry there, either yet or at all. Their bigs are inexperienced and prone to foul. They don't have a true point guard, and don't shoot the three very well. Their guards are quick, and can drive to the basket. But I'm surprised they're not lower than 310.

If the game on Thursday is close, there's something very wrong with our team (even on the road.)

Met the staff, Lindy Brown, Rebecca Greenwell Haley Gorecki Kendall Cooper. Rebecca hits her career high. We can play better defense but was a beautiful day over the Pacific Ocean. After the game enjoyed the best Pastrami on Rye ever. Wexler's Deli on 6th Street and Santa Monica Blvd. in Santa Monica has the best pastrami on rye anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by heyman25 View Post
    Met the staff, Lindy Brown, Rebecca Greenwell Haley Gorecki Kendall Cooper. Rebecca hits her career high. We can play better defense but was a beautiful day over the Pacific Ocean. After the game enjoyed the best Pastrami on Rye ever. Wexler's Deli on 6th Street and Santa Monica Blvd. in Santa Monica has the best pastrami on rye anywhere.
    Must respectfully disagree. Langer's is better.

Must respectfully disagree. Langer's is better.
    I have had both and Wexler's was better than Langer's. Leaner and juicier.You keep enjoying Langer's and I have found Wexler's superior.

Am I missing something...I see DUke at 87 and the Black Knights right behind them at 91...Rutgers at 246?

http://realtimerpi.com/college_Women...ball_rpi2.html