Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Was it just my TV, or did Dan Shulman and Bilas look like bald versions of Max Headroom last night whenever they put the announcers on camera? What was up with that? Looked like they tried to put a plain black background behind them up in the bird's nest, which I have never seen before. Whatever they did, it had a weird effect.
    "I don't like them when they are eating my azaleas or rhododendrons or pansies." - Coach K

I find this very hard to believe, is Dickie V doing an NBA telecast with Bill Walton ? My lord, who's the play by play man and will he get a word in !

Quote Originally Posted by Pghdukie View Post
    I find this very hard to believe, is Dickie V doing an NBA telecast with Bill Walton ? My lord, who's the play by play man and will he get a word in !
    I hope there's a "buffer" announcer there to pull them back to the edge of sanity. That's a wacky combo, but I guess that's what espn was going for.

Bigger question: Will there be a coherent thought?

Tim Brando

Was it just me, or did Tim Brando seem to have a barely-concealed dislike for Duke? He always seems to go out of his way to praise an opposing player, but always hair-trigger ready to jump on Duke, or officials who give us a questionable call. Maybe I'm paranoid.

Quote Originally Posted by slower View Post
    Was it just me, or did Tim Brando seem to have a barely-concealed dislike for Duke? He always seems to go out of his way to praise an opposing player, but always hair-trigger ready to jump on Duke, or officials who give us a questionable call. Maybe I'm paranoid.
    I don't think you're being paranoid at all. Barely-concealed is a great way to describe it.

Quote Originally Posted by duke4ever19 View Post
    I hope there's a "buffer" announcer there to pull them back to the edge of sanity. That's a wacky combo, but I guess that's what espn was going for.
    I don't know what they're going for but I think what they're going to get is to make sure any NBA fans that don't watch college basketball never do. I wonder if Vegas has an over/under on number of things discussed that aren't related to the game being played.

Quote Originally Posted by kmspeaks View Post
    I don't know what they're going for but I think what they're going to get is to make sure any NBA fans that don't watch college basketball never do. I wonder if Vegas has an over/under on number of things discussed that aren't related to the game being played.
    Wow. Calculus was a long time ago, but I remember something about the value of x as y approaches infinity?

Maybe throw in Charles Barkley as sideline reporter !

One day later and they're at it again. Dick Vitale, Bill Walton, and short-end-of-the-straw holder Dave Pasch are calling the Pacers-Cavaliers game. Waiting for Dickie V to notice Richard Jefferson, James Jones, and Kyle Korver so he can start calling them "adult diaper dandies".

Who is doing Duke/Virginia game ?

Not Dickie V apparently.

I saw last night it was supposed to be Bilas and Collins.

updated from UVA site:

TV: ESPN2 (Play-by-play — Karl Ravech; Analysts — Jay Bilas, Doug Collins; Reporter — Maria Taylor)

Walton looks ridiculous in his tye-dyed tee shirt.😛

Quote Originally Posted by BigWayne View Post
    I saw last night it was supposed to be Bilas and Collins.

updated from UVA site:

TV: ESPN2 (Play-by-play — Karl Ravech; Analysts — Jay Bilas, Doug Collins; Reporter — Maria Taylor)
    Wow! Since when is Doug Collins calling college games? If Bilas can dial-back the Pompous-Meter, this could be awesome.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    Wow! Since when is Doug Collins calling college games? If Bilas can dial-back the Pompous-Meter, this could be awesome.
    ESPN is doing their crossover event. Pro announcers switcing with college. Dickie V and Bill Walton doing the cavs/pacers

Looks like big news for Bilas watchers (that I missed because I was at the UNCheat and Clemson games), as he finally had his lower front teeth leveled off. It will be interesting to observe how his speech patterns adapt. (Still doesn't fix his maxillary/mandibular jaw discrepancy, however.)

ricks

Quote Originally Posted by BandAlum83 View Post
    ... Dickie V and Bill Walton doing the cavs/pacers
    Just ponder that gas festival for a moment
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

I really enjoyed Doug Collins on last night's broadcast. OTOH, Seth Greenberg continued to prove himself a fool by insisting that the 3/4 press was hurting Duke, when everyone else saw how it disrupted UVa and eased the defensive burden on our guys.

Seth Greenberg

Quote Originally Posted by vfefrenzy View Post
    I really enjoyed Doug Collins on last night's broadcast. OTOH, Seth Greenberg continued to prove himself a fool by insisting that the 3/4 press was hurting Duke, when everyone else saw how it disrupted UVa and eased the defensive burden on our guys.
    If the average poster on this board were given the access to players and coaches Greenberg has, he or she would have ten times the insights into college basketball this maroon has. He is often wrong about Xs and Os and even more so about individual players. Come to think about it, he fits in pretty well at ESPN.
    GTHC